PDA

View Full Version : What does your every day attire consist of?

Echo2
08-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Let's say you are out and about doing your general day to day grind....and something happens and you know that you are going to have to spend a few days in the clothes on you back.

I'm not talking about your evening comfy clothes....I mean the clothes you would be doing the errands of life.

You guys know I generally wear boots....but my general wardrobe is solid color BDU pants (green, grey, black, navy, tan, brown....occasionally camo), and a T-shirt.

I have no real issues wearing them for more than few days....and have on more than one occasion.

If I could have my pack out of the car.....I would have a pair of gym shorts....socks...and undies.

As a side note.....does what you were blend well?....will you fit in among the sheep until a move can be made?

ak474u
08-08-2012, 12:26 AM
This time of year, golf shirt, white tshirt underneath, rip stop cargo shorts, good tennis shoes, and a 5.11 TDU pistol belt. I've got spare socks, liners and gloves etc in my GHB. Since most if not all of an on-foot get home would be urban terrain, tennis shoes work best for me here. In the sticks, my attire would differ.

bacpacker
08-08-2012, 01:31 AM
Week days, typically blue jeans and a button down shirt of some kind, mostly in subded colors. New Balance shoes, wicking socks, bandana.
I do keep a pair of Vasque hiking boots and 2 pair of hiking socks in both vehicles I drive.GHB bag in each vehicle has more socks, bandanas, leather work gloves, Under Armour t-shirt, and generally a Gore-Tex jacket, espically in the fall thru spring seasons. These clothes get swapped for the season as well.
If it wasn't for my job, I would be dressed out in BUD's as well. My last job, that's mostly all I wore.

rentprop1
08-08-2012, 03:46 AM
Khaki shorts, golf shirt and sneaks or boat shoes, I ofern wonder what good an EDC pouch is with out socks ???

JustAPrepper
08-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Tank top, sports bra, shorts, socks and either Crocs (<don't laugh, they're ugly but they're comfy and I don't care what people think of me when they see me out grocery shopping or putting gas in the car) or New Balance sneakers. GHB has a change of clothes, including a ball cap to keep the sun out/off my face if need be and when the weather turns the shorts will be traded out for sweats and long sleeve T-Shirt.

GunnerMax
08-08-2012, 06:36 PM
For me ita shorts and a t shirt. I have my wallet, phone, keys, flashlight, Glock19 with 75 rounds. I am concealing everywhere now, so I blend in. I can get home if needed.

idahobob
08-08-2012, 10:35 PM
This time of year.....Wranglers, t-shirt, and Danner Acadia boots, and normally Glock 21.

My GHB rides with me in the rig, and I have enough for about a weeks journey.

Bob
III

Gunfixr
08-09-2012, 02:29 AM
Pretty much year round it's cargo pants in tan, od, or khaki.
LBT riggers belt, with whatever I'm packing, a Gerber Multitool and Surefire light. Wallet, and extra mags in some pockets.
T-shirt, usually an earth tone color, or maybe white if outdoors when hot.
As it gets cooler, something over the t-shirt.
Cross-country running shoes, sometimes sandals when hot.
Lately, I've been wearing cargo shorts when hot, but not working. I don't usually wear shorts, as I cannot tan, so it's merely a way to suffer.

When going out of the city, such as to work, I have a GHB. No clothes in it, I'd just wear what I had on. There's several days of MRE entrees, and some side items, fire making, a USGI poncho, and cord. Some other assorted stuff. It needs a small water bottle/purifier, although there is always half a case of bottled water in the car, which gets swapped out twice a year. There's a hatchet in the car also.
I'm allergic to all kinds of seafood, so I don't carry fishing gear.

izzyscout21
08-09-2012, 02:34 AM
I'm normally a 5.11 and t-shirt kinda guy. Every once in a while, I like to dress up...........add a polo shirt.:cool:

Normally I wear my Merril Moab boots as well. Tan under armor ball cap

Jasper
08-13-2012, 01:20 PM
I typically have on what I wear to work during the week. Wool dress pants, collared shirt and tie and dress shoes. Because of this I have a bag with BDU pants, t-shirt, hikers and clean socks and underwear. I volunteer with ground search and rescue and therefore have my responder pack in my car with my clothes for that. So as long as I am near my car or work I feel pretty comfy. I wouldn't want to have to do much in my daily work clothes.

Sniper-T
08-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Summer: Cargo pants(zip off), T-shirt, and steel toed runners
Winter: Lined cargo pants, t-shirt, steel toed runners, parka, toque

In the summer, I have a comfy pair of Sandles in the truck, along with spare shorts and shirt and ball cap.
In the Winter, I have spare winter boots in the truck along with extra socks, extra mitts and toque, long johns, and wool sweater. (In addition to my winter kit, and my BOB).

slowz1k
08-13-2012, 01:42 PM
I've got an office job that requires business casual at the very least. So M-F I'm in dress pants, and shoes, with either a button down or polo. I keep cargo shorts, t-shirt, socks, and a pair of Bellevilles in the GHB in the truck. Cargo pants, Thermal unders as well as watch cap, gloves, and jacket, get loaded in the Fall.
Most of my GHB gear will have me looking somewhat militant... I won't blend in well at all with the masses, but most of my GH Routes, once out of the city, are along streams and RR tracks, so I would rather blend in there. I do plan to add a colorful, civy looking XXL over shirt, and pack cover that I could easily wear or remove as the situation dictates.

Weekends: cargo shorts, cargo pants, t-shirt, Keen TargheeII's, riggers belt.

realist
08-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Generally I am wearing T-shirt and jeans, with Merrell Moab shoes, Wilderness instructors belt, Schrade multi tool, phone and wallet. I generally carry a Colt 1911 with me which is sometimes replaced by a Glock.

The truck has a complete kit, always, with enough to get me where ever I need to go. It has food and water that will sustain me for at least a week. I have a large backpack in the event that I have to go it on foot. Shotgun, pistol, rifle and lots of ammo, along with various tools and clothing.

The Stig
08-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Working: Sport coat, button down shirt, dress slacks, dress shoes and tie.

Office day/weekends: Jeans or BDUs, tshirt, Merril MOAB's, possibly overshirt if greater ccw concealment is needed.

TEOTWAWKI13
08-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Working...khaki pants or dress slacks, and usually a polo/golf shirt, dress shoes. I sell cars, so my vehicle is a football field away. In it are my hiking boots, jacket, khaki hiking pants that zip off, a light shirt, and socks, as well as my GHB, which is red in color. My clothes aren't that "tactical" looking, so I wouldn't stick out where I work or where I'd be going.

helomech
08-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Blue jean pants or shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes. I don't own any other clothes, except for my hunting stuff.

carolinasurvivalist
08-21-2012, 08:41 PM
T-shirt, olive or khaki quick dry cargo shorts, and merrells

Katrina
08-22-2012, 04:06 AM
Normally, pre-foot surgery I wore dresses or business skirt suits and 3 inch heels. After surgery, Slack suits with athletic shoes but have graduated to "normal" flats and arch supports most of the day now. At home sweats and my slippers or bare feet depending on the weather.

Onestep
08-22-2012, 01:42 PM
M-F office casual, Dickies pants, polo shirt, street shoes, GHB
Friday - jeans, polo shirt, sneakers, GHB
In the vehicle are jeans, zip-off pants, socks, boots and light jacket.
weekends - jeans or shorts, T-shirt and boots to Reef sandals