PDA

View Full Version : Harbor frieght has some great deals with coupons right now

Stormfeather
08-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Got a email from harbor freight for great deals on solar panels and all the accoutrements that go along with them.
45 watt solar panel, plus full kit to set it up, only $159. Plus a ton of other coupons on pretty good deals 6x8 greenhouse, for $249, 10x12 greenhouse for $549. . . stuff like that. If anyone is interested, check out Harbor Freight website online. Im sure they are listed there.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-08-2012, 07:42 PM
I picked up that solar kit about 6mths ago, so far I haven't had any problems. Mostly I have used it for charging Car, bulldozer, truck batteries. You'll need to buy an Inverter(not included in kit) to do other things. So far it's been holding up. You can can a "smash and crash" warranty with it as well. I recommend strapping the panels on the rack because they have a loose fit for my taste. I have not figured out what exactly what I'm going to use it for on the property yet. When I get to that point I'll post something. At least that way everyone will know that mine is old, used and BWRR abused!

Be safe.............the night is your friend

Taz Baby
08-08-2012, 08:44 PM
We get those coupons all the time and love using them. We got 2 of those solar kits when they first came out and had 4 panel and the inverter came with it. We have been using them for 2 yrs now with no problem. They run our place just fine. We are always using those coupons up as fast as they come in, but be careful, read the fine print, If it says 20% off it somethings says with over $100.00 purchase. We wait until the coupon says 20% off total price or 1 item only. Since we both get them in email and mail we have twice the savings.

Echo2
08-08-2012, 08:47 PM
The solar kits are ok....worth the sale price....but forget the greenhouse....flimsy would be a compliment.....the scale one they have there is cool.....full size flexes all over the place.

slowz1k
08-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Good site for QandA on those HF panels:
http://solarpanelkitatharborfreight.ning.com/forum/categories/harbor-freight-solar-panels/listForCategory

bacpacker
08-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Think I may pick up a solar kit. We just got coupons yesterday.

My step dad got one of the greenhouses last spring and the panels are not very strong. But he mounted the frame to a 4x4 base and it stiffened it up quite a bit. It was worth the money for seed starting and late season hold overs. He does remove the panels going into cold weather so they don't hold snow or ice loads.

Stormfeather
08-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Ok, just ordered the solar panel kits, sounds like Im on the slow boat here, but since everyone gave them a thumbs up, Im going to give it a try. Ordered 3 kits plus the inventer for them. Decided to pass on the greenhouse, but still looking for options.

rentprop1
08-12-2012, 03:45 AM
forget about the Bunker Hill gun safe too, the Asian girl in the pic has to be 4 foot 9, cause the safe its that tall