PDA

View Full Version : Costco Has 2 Great Deals On Survival Food This Week with Free Shipping!

Stormfeather
08-14-2012, 06:11 PM
I purchase a few of these from time to time to supplement my supplies. This way I can also give them out to friends if necessary and they are already bagged up ready to go. Only downside is you need water for them and they are higher in sodium than I would like, but in a SHTF atmosphere, I think I can overlook those issues. Free Shipping all this week, so get them while the getting is good! Also, they actually done taste bad as far as the meals go, so big plus there!

Veggies. . . . http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11606929&whse=BC&topnav=&cm_sp=RichRelevance-_-itempageVerticalRight-_-BrandTopSellers&cm_vc=itempageVerticalRight|BrandTopSellers

Meals. . . . http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11649759&search=ark&Mo=1&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=ark&Ntt=ark&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

Fatty
08-15-2012, 02:53 AM
Thanks!

Gunfixr
08-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Do you have to be a member?

I don't really see the "needs water" as a bad part, since you need water much more urgently than you need food. So, if you're alive for any length of time, you've acquired water.

Stormfeather
08-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Do you have to be a member?

I don't really see the "needs water" as a bad part, since you need water much more urgently than you need food. So, if you're alive for any length of time, you've acquired water.

Thats the best part, you don't have to be a member to order these items! While they do need water, I didnt meant it as a bad part, just that you would have to ensure you have potable water for these to be edible.

bacpacker
08-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Well thats good news for a non meber. We dont have one local so we never joined.

Gunfixr
08-16-2012, 02:37 AM
Cool.

Now I just have to find the funds, before it's all gone.

Stormfeather
08-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Well thats good news for a non meber. We dont have one local so we never joined.

Thats the best part about this, free shipping!

Willie51
08-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Stormfeather, thanks for the heads up. I just ordered a couple of buckets to add to supply. I'm brand new here and I already got my money's worth!! :)

Sniper-T
08-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Welcome aboard Willie! Browse around, this site is full of threads of members helping members

msomnipotent
08-16-2012, 03:50 PM
I had no idea that you don't have to be a member! Every time I order, I have to enter my membership number. How do you get around that?

I think the chicken is a good deal, too. http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11753135&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|3605|75277|93288&N=4052705&Mo=12&pos=5&No=2&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=93288&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC39718-Cat75277&topnav=

Willie51
08-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Welcome aboard Willie! Browse around, this site is full of threads of members helping members

Thanks ST, glad to be here.

- - - Updated - - -

I had no idea that you don't have to be a member! Every time I order, I have to enter my membership number. How do you get around that?

I think the chicken is a good deal, too. http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11753135&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|3605|75277|93288&N=4052705&Mo=12&pos=5&No=2&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=93288&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC39718-Cat75277&topnav=

They charge a small surcharge for non-members. They added 8.75 to my order for being a non-member. It was still a great deal.

Evolver
08-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Stormfeather, thanks for the heads up. I just ordered a couple of buckets to add to supply. I'm brand new here and I already got my money's worth!! :)

Hey, I know you!!! It's good to see you here Willie and I'm sure that you will like the crowd. (colony) You might even see some old faces. :)

Willie51
08-17-2012, 02:12 AM
Hey, I know you!!! It's good to see you here Willie and I'm sure that you will like the crowd. (colony) You might even see some old faces. :)

Hello there Evolver!! Good to see you again my friend. I can see it's a very good group and glad to be here. I've been enjoying your pics especially from out west. Me and the Mrs. just got back from out that way too. I will post some pics of our trip soon.

LUNCHBOX
08-17-2012, 05:18 AM
Just a heads up on these tubs meals. Wally-World just put some out (I'm at work and don't have the info) and I think they were around three weeks worth. IIRC the cost was around $65.00 each. Not bad to just walk in and grab and go. Check your local WW.

Willie51
08-17-2012, 11:57 AM
While traveling out west this summer in our motorhome, we noticed that every Wallyworld that we stopped in had a food storage isle....Wyoming, Washington, Idaho, Montana, etc. We couldn't believe it!! You don't see that here in Florida, but hopefully it's coming soon. Needless to say, we couldn't help ourselves and we grabbed some #10 cans of fruit and veggies since it was cheap and no shipping cost.

Just a heads up on these tubs meals. Wally-World just put some out (I'm at work and don't have the info) and I think they were around three weeks worth. IIRC the cost was around $65.00 each. Not bad to just walk in and grab and go. Check your local WW.

msomnipotent
08-17-2012, 03:18 PM
The Costco near me finally has some buckets, but they were mostly soup and granola. Fine in a pinch, but I was really hoping for some of the Thrive or Auguson Farms options that they have on their website. Our Walmart still only has a few Mountain House pouches in the camping aisle and nothing else. I wish my stores would catch up with everyone else!

Grumpy Old Man
08-17-2012, 04:19 PM
I boycott Costco for their support of causes I don't believe in, but they do have some good deals as does Sam's. But I have a Honeyville Farms store close by, so I'm meeting a couple of buddies up there tomorrow to do a little shopping (pay cash), grab a nice chicken fried steak breakfast and do some air rifle shooting at one guy's place.

I also find that you can put together your own buckets cheaper, with what you like in them. Stores charge a fair amount extra for packaging.