PDA

View Full Version : So I'm here on the deck of the beach house.

Echo2
08-15-2012, 02:30 AM
......drinking a Corona.....and going over a mental inventory of my mobile field locker....listening to the ocean.....wondering if this will be the last vacation I'll be taking so far away from home.

I like the salt air....even if I will have to do a full breakdown and cleaning on all firearms when I get home.

A few things I did before I left.....

1) placed a fair sum of cash in a cashe at the house just in case one of the folks I have looking after the house needs to get something.

2) wrote down all the numbers of the car rental companies in the area.....along with a few of the cab companies to get me there....2 of the 4 companies have Suburbans...the others have large vans....I came in a Suburban.

3) moved all unsecured guns into the safe....along with some of the other trinkets around.

4) transferred all recording functions of the cameras to my shop computer....and have it recording on a terabyte drive.....and I can check it from my phone now.

5) scheduled to have the house checked on 4 times a day by different people.....and gave the neighbor kid $50, the driveway alarm box....to take note of everyone who stops by.

6) split all the cash into multiple areas of travel gear....wallet....shoes.....lockable gear box....Suburban....wife...back packs....etc.

Have a good evening folks....Echo2

Gunfixr
08-15-2012, 02:35 AM
Are you at a beach still in Va?

If at Va Beach, you're close to my neighborhood, and in GunnerMax's.

Echo2
08-15-2012, 02:43 AM
Buddies house on Emerald Isle....NC

Gunfixr
08-15-2012, 02:46 AM
Aahh.
Well, enjoy.
Figured if you were in my neck of the woods we could catch a cold one sometime, if you wished.

bacpacker
08-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Buddies house on Emerald Isle....NC

May I be the first to say YOU SUCK!

Seriously enjoy. To your point about long trips, the wife and I had been planning a trip to the Outer Banks in Oct. With all the BS going on right now we decided to stay much closer to home.

I like the plan of folks checking things and the next door kid keeping an eye out.

realist
08-15-2012, 12:27 PM
When you are on vacation you are not suppose to worry about if this will be the last one. I just got back from Hawaii after a week on the beach. I did roughly the same thing. Although smaller I drove the four door jeep. It was great the sun, the beach, the family but.............I get to thinking about all the things that need to be done. So up early each morning before the family is up and back to making lists of things that I need to do when I get home.

I really do like the idea of cameras at the house and that is one of the things that I am going to look into.

Enjoy your vacation.

The Stig
08-16-2012, 01:07 AM
Enjoy your trip - I'm jealous.

Good thinking ahead. Would be a good thread for "how to prepare for a vacation" or the like.

Enjoy the cold one!

Sniper-T
08-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Sounds like a great holiday! Enjoy!

Whenever possible I try to get someone to stay at our place while we're away. usually the inlaws. I lock up anything that's none of their business, and then can rest assured that the house is occupied.

LUNCHBOX
08-16-2012, 10:04 AM
E, enjoy the getaway.