PDA

View Full Version : Please forgive me, but here we go again

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-16-2012, 03:05 AM
Another shooting today. "BZ" to the security guard and those who assisted in taking down the idiot. But not being a conspiracy theorist......uh, ok maybe. But isn't this falling into what I was talking about a few days ago? "Stig" don't shoot me ok, but this is all to neat. Where did he go, why did he do it, what does he represent? I'm sorry but it seems like it's all happening with allot of frequency here lately, pickin up speed with elections coming soon. We are all at risk here, OK I'll shut up. But this is just way to coincidental. Beat me whip me, I'll take out the trash, but it's all food for thought and I am out of line with forum rules I believe. Sooooooooo, on that note, I'll step aside.

Be safe..............the night is your friend.

LUNCHBOX
08-16-2012, 03:33 AM
BR, understanding your concerns and from a prepping standpoint....An individual could take this as a means to step up there prepping, pick up more items that an incident like this could cause havoc to. Maybe pick up the extra mags while you can that you have been putting off. What do you do if you can't order items offline? From a prepping view, maybe its time to step up some areas your weak in.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-16-2012, 04:05 AM
Yeah, how many shootings have we had the 3 months? And yes I can agree with your post as well "Gear Pimp" that is a cute name though. I'd love to see your outfit. Eh, hem....anyway, way too much frequency with this crap brother. So this guy was gay and pissed off cause he couldn't get married? Democrat with a gun? OK no politics!

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Sniper-T
08-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Also, in terms of prepping... keep your eyes and ears open. think of the 'situational awareness' thread. Don't let yourself get into a situation where something like this can happen to you.

Keep that head on the swivel!

eagle326
08-16-2012, 12:11 PM
In today's world and society nothing is as it seems. One must clear the fog to discern what is real. Keeping our heads on a swivel while living our life style ( prepping ) is only common sense.
We can only do the best we can watching and prepping wise and will probably still be caught a little by surprise.
Thankfully there's a colony of ants watching.

bacpacker
08-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Eagle is dead on. Just watch the news, tv shows, ect. Most everything discussed as being a good thing would have been considered horrendous 30-50 years ago. Perception is not nessacarily reality any longer.

It seems the more information you hear about these shootings ( background wise) and other topics as well, the more these things start tying together. Rather than just the random acts they appear at first glance.

My head stays on a swivel now days and I have been trying to follow a topic from another thread on maintaining focus and awareness of your surroundings. That is much harder to me than I would have expected.

eagle326
08-16-2012, 12:27 PM
B.P. ; Keeping your head on a swivel is a learned function. The more you do it the better you get at it. After awhile it becomes a normal everyday habit like walking ; talking ; breathing. You'll end up doing it without ever thinking about it . Just like when you're out and just naturally look for things most people wouldn't look at for survival or extending your ability to sustain your life style somewhat normal if things go downhill.

For us who've been doing it for years ; It's just a normal way of everyday life. After awhile you'll be up to speed and won't realize it . ;)

Grumpy Old Man
08-16-2012, 04:12 PM
BWRR, I'll step up to the plate and grant you absolution! Yes, these shootings that are getting publicized don't seem as random as they are portrayed. And there is an increasing number of crimes that aren't reported like the "beat downs" and "knock out games" in the inner city and elsewhere. As has been pointed out, situational awareness is the order of the day. I personally restrict my travel to any of the cities around me, except Palm Springs. I don't go to WallyWorld for the basic reason that is a thug and gibsmedat hangout. I shop, when I have to, solely during daylight hours. And I often travel with friends to any events we may wish to attend.

I have been personally at condition orange since the first of the year. I am expecting trouble based on what I see around me in terms of attitude, the way people drive and their facial expressions. Buy what you need to round out your preps and pay cash. Keep cash on hand. Buy basics and make from scratch. Don't draw attention to yourself. And above all, Stay the Hell Away From big public gatherings.

And remember just because you're paranoid, that doesn't mean people aren't out to get you!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-17-2012, 03:19 AM
Thank you for the pardon Warden. (Grumpy) On the "Shooting" incident I have to point out that this time people REACTED instantly this time, they were not going to let it happen again. The Little lady and I need to step up our preps on the property. Allot of ground to cover though. But, that's what we do, carry on smartly eh? Situational Awareness, head on a swivel and paranoya are in a sense all one in the same. Some people just freak out on the latter. My point was just that with the increased frequency of the stupidity of these people. We are going to suffer very soon. Seems everyone's getting my point of stepping up of "preps" as well as other things coming down the pipe. Funny thing happened this morning, I was talking to an elderly lady. She was telling me about the Republican National convention being held in Tampa is going to have allot of trouble. She was telling me that the Black Panthers are going to show up and cause a huge ruckus. Now this was coming from a woman in her late 80's. She said she was "keepin an eye on these things" Smart as a whip she is, but she was no joke, I mean she has been in Florida for almost all her life, moved to TN, lived in Carroll county, then came back and She's pissed! I enjoyed our talk, the elderly have so much more to offer, so much wisdom if their mind hasn't left them. I hope one day to talk to her again. We talked about more "political" things but not to be discussed here. She was a wealth of information. I'll have to be mindful of her Predictions.

Be safe...............the night is your friend.

TEOTWAWKI13
08-20-2012, 04:10 PM
From a prepping point of view, the Tampa RNC offers me this... the .gov says Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists, the Black Panther says 'kill whitey', the city of Tampa tried to implement a hand gun ban downtown, and the local LEO are practicing "riot control" by seeing how fast they can put on their gas masks to combat people holding posters and signs....

in short, situational awareness begins long before you find yourself in a 'situation'. I wouldn't be anywhere near Tampa to begin with. Just my $0.02

bacpacker
08-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Same thing with Charlotte, NC here in a few more weeks. I wouldn't touch either of them with a 10' pole.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Yes, we'll all be "armchair warriors" when the conventions convene. At least we'll be where we are instead of there. Just remember "No matter where you're at, there you are".
Huh? Carry on..............

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-21-2012, 06:45 PM
From a prepping point of view, the Tampa RNC offers me this... the .gov says Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists, the Black Panther says 'kill whitey', the city of Tampa tried to implement a hand gun ban downtown, and the local LEO are practicing "riot control" by seeing how fast they can put on their gas masks to combat people holding posters and signs....

in short, situational awareness begins long before you find yourself in a 'situation'. I wouldn't be anywhere near Tampa to begin with. Just my $0.02

Yeah, and wouldn't ya know it. They happened to be AMERICANS! Long pause............................................. ..............................screw'em!

Be safe.............the night is your friend

Willie51
08-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Same thing with Charlotte, NC here in a few more weeks. I wouldn't touch either of them with a 10' pole.

Amen BP. The dear wife had wanted to go to Tampa and I said notta...no way! I wouldn't be within 50 miles of there! :cool:

TEOTWAWKI13
08-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah, and wouldn't ya know it. They happened to be AMERICANS! Long pause............................................. ..............................screw'em!

'Tis true...give em no reasons.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-22-2012, 12:57 PM
All I can say truthfully is that this is going to be interesting to watch. Painful while the polls come in, and well, what happens happens and then we deal with it from there. God speed and good luck to all.............in advance. We will surely need it the way things are going.