PDA

View Full Version : Another shooting at the Empire State building this time.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-24-2012, 03:52 PM
OK, I guess I'm not a crazy, everyone else is. Call me Nostradomus or whatever his name is. WTF? Alright ya'll go for it. Disgruntled employee this time.............?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/24/13455394-2-killed-9-injured-in-shooting-near-empire-state-building?lite

Be safe............. the night is your friend

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-24-2012, 05:04 PM
OK, I guess I'm not a crazy, everyone else is. Call me Nostradomus or whatever his name is. WTF? Alright ya'll go for it. Disgruntled employee this time.............?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/24/13455394-2-killed-9-injured-in-shooting-near-empire-state-building?lite

Call me stupid..............empire state building........................

helomech
08-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Wait New York I thought that could not happen there since they can't carry guns around, heck they are barely allowed to keep them.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Wait New York I thought that could not happen there since they can't carry guns around, heck they are barely allowed to keep them.

No, no, no.....you got it all wrong. You're not allowed to carry a 16oz. Coke.

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

izzyscout21
08-25-2012, 12:13 AM
FML.

Gunfixr
08-26-2012, 03:06 AM
That is rather ironic.
Where handguns aren't allowed, some guy takes a handgun and shoots a former (from a year before, no less) coworker down, and just walks away unconcerned.
He is soon after being followed by two police, upon whom he spins and points his handgun, which he's not allowed to have, at them. A shootout ensues. He is killed, and 9 other bystanders are shot. The two officers fire 16rds total, one having fired 9, the other 7.
Apparently all 9 bystanders were shot by the police. However, only two were hit by complete bullets, the rest having been hit by fragments. The idiot, who started it all, was hit 10 times. Apparently, NYPD issues rounds that easily pass through a human target, as simple math shows that many of the bystander hits were bullets that had passed through.

Really, from what we mostly hear, 10 hits out of 17 shots is pretty good. It's usually far less.
At least they got him.
Now, if the dept. can just change their rounds.

ak474u
08-26-2012, 05:05 AM
That is rather ironic.
Where handguns aren't allowed, some guy takes a handgun and shoots a former (from a year before, no less) coworker down, and just walks away unconcerned.
He is soon after being followed by two police, upon whom he spins and points his handgun, which he's not allowed to have, at them. A shootout ensues. He is killed, and 9 other bystanders are shot. The two officers fire 16rds total, one having fired 9, the other 7.
Apparently all 9 bystanders were shot by the police. However, only two were hit by complete bullets, the rest having been hit by fragments. The idiot, who started it all, was hit 10 times. Apparently, NYPD issues rounds that easily pass through a human target, as simple math shows that many of the bystander hits were bullets that had passed through.

Really, from what we mostly hear, 10 hits out of 17 shots is pretty good. It's usually far less.
At least they got him.
Now, if the dept. can just change their rounds.

9 collateral hits in the background while making a shot on a suspect at LESS than THREE YARDS! I'm thinking that the NYPD needs to go back to revolvers, after all, semi auto handguns are killing machines, they have a high capacity which allows the police to shoot more innocents without having to reload. I'm pretty sure this never really happened anyway, as handguns are illegal in NYC, next you'll tell me there's life on Mars.

Stg1swret
08-26-2012, 12:55 PM
What the NYPD needs to do is learn to shoot. 9 bystanders hit, WTF. They also need to re-evaluate their ammo choice too. Big question is is where did the 6 rounds that didn't hit the perp go?

Gunfixr
08-27-2012, 09:54 PM
You guys didn't read the whole thing.
Of the 16 shots fired, 10 hit the suspect. Therefore 6 missed. 9 bystanders were hit, but only 2 of them by complete bullets. The rest were hit by fragments of either the bullets that missed and hit something else, or bullets that hit the suspect and fragmented and went through.

While this is certainly not great shooting by any means, of the police shootings I have read of, this is probably the highest hit ratio, if not very close, and usually many more rounds are fired.
Most times for only 16 shots or so, the suspect either isn't hit at all, or only once.
These two were both 15yr veterans on that Dept.
Unless more info comes out that all 10 projectiles were removed from the suspect's body, I'm supposing some must have passed through.

I wasn't trying to give them ultimate praise, but they did do better than most have, even with the collateral damage. Usually, the collateral damage is all there is.

Of course, it is a known fact that a shooters' hit percentage will drop by about 40-50% from their range shooting in a real shooting, on average.
3 yds is a good average distance, really.