PDA

View Full Version : The Overton Window

Willie51
09-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Has anyone else read this book? I just finished it yesterday evening. This work of fiction (which he calls "faction") by Glenn Beck was very "eye opening" to say the least. Once you start reading this thriller, its hard to put down. I highly recommend it!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
09-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Guess this little woman and I are going to have to look for that one to add to the library. Care to give me a taste of the plot?

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

slowz1k
09-04-2012, 06:00 PM
It's been a while, but I remember that being a pretty good read. Pretty scary how the story shows how easily situations could be manipulated with just a few well placed people.
Amazon says this:

A plan to destroy America, a hundred years in the making, is about to be unleashed . . . can it be stopped?

There is a powerful technique called the Overton Window that can shape our lives, our laws, and our future. It works by manipulating public perception so that ideas previously thought of as radical begin to seem acceptable over time. Move the Window and you change the debate. Change the debate and you change the country.

For Noah Gardner, a twentysomething public relations executive, it's safe to say that political theory is the furthest thing from his mind. Smart, single, handsome, and insulated from the world's problems by the wealth and power of his father, Noah is far more concerned about the future of his social life than the future of his country.

But all of that changes when Noah meets Molly Ross, a woman who is consumed by the knowledge that the America we know is about to be lost forever. She and her group of patriots have vowed to remember the past and fight for the future--but Noah, convinced they're just misguided conspiracy-theorists, isn't interested in lending his considerable skills to their cause.

And then the world changes.

An unprecedented attack on U.S. soil shakes the country to the core and puts into motion a frightening plan, decades in the making, to transform America and demonize all those who stand in the way. Amidst the chaos, many don't know the difference between conspiracy theory and conspiracy fact--or, more important, which side to fight for.

Sniper-T
09-04-2012, 06:23 PM
sounds interesting.

will have to keep an eye open for this one...

izzyscout21
09-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Guess this little woman and I are going to have to look for that one to add to the library. Care to give me a taste of the plot?

Riverrat,

you can borrow my copy if you want.

Willie51
09-04-2012, 09:58 PM

Slowz1k nailed it with the Amazon intro. The title sounds kinda weird but it will make sense as you get into the book. It's a really scary novel. The reason Beck calls it "faction" is because it is fictional story based on facts and is very thought provoking. He lists all his references in the rear of the book and as always, he suggests you research these facts for yourself. I think everyone here will love it as it relates to why we do what we do. It will open your eyes a little more. I bought my copy at Sam's a couple of months ago, and it was two down on my reading list after Seal Team Six and The Last Patriot which I haven't started yet. I picked the book up off my desk before leaving town last week and started reading and then could not put it down. It's an easy read and I finished it in 5 evenings before bed time. Very worthwhile. :)

bacpacker
09-05-2012, 01:11 AM
One more I gotta find.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
09-05-2012, 01:26 AM
FOUND IT! It's on our book shelf! Guess I'll have to get off my ass and look, eh? Didn't know I spoke Canadian either did ya? and thanks for all the feed back! I appreciate-cha!

Taz Baby
09-05-2012, 01:40 AM
BAM(books a million) has it for $10.00

bacpacker
09-05-2012, 01:50 AM
Got it on Kindle for $9.99. It'll prolly be my next read.

Willie51
09-05-2012, 03:18 AM
Great prices! It retailed for $26.00 and I think I paid $17.00.

ladyhk13
09-05-2012, 06:04 AM
All dh had to do was ask...went right to where it was and said "TA-DA"...also his book "Broke" is right next to it.

Willie51
09-08-2012, 03:17 AM
All dh had to do was ask...went right to where it was and said "TA-DA"...also his book "Broke" is right next to it.

HA! Same way at my house LadyHK. The DW always has the answers when I can't find things. :)