PDA

View Full Version : Ant gear?

4suchatimeasthis
09-11-2012, 12:33 AM
I love the little ant logo, does he have a name? He looks like a Willard to me. And more importantly, will someone put him on a heavy cotton hoodie and not charge more than $50 for him? Black please, with the logo in white, throw in the "SHTF Ready" too. Also, I would totally buy a travel coffee mug with the logo on it....and a t-shirt for my hubby...and a 6 mo. baby onesie...and, you get the idea.

Thank you :)

Gearhead
09-11-2012, 02:19 AM
I wouldn't mind having a logo to go onto my green AR lower.

izzyscout21
09-11-2012, 03:32 AM
I wouldn't mind having a logo to go onto my green AR lower.

like a decal?

Sniper-T
09-11-2012, 09:45 AM
I love my Ant head decal!

I have it on the inside back side window of my truck. Unfortunately, the window is tinted quite dark, so he hides most of the time, but when the sun hits it in just the right way, it almost glows right through the window.

Makes me smile everytime I see him!

I wouldn't mind a couple more... maybe a couple of smaller ones for gear (2")

2die4
09-11-2012, 11:26 AM
I found a company that will recreate the ant head decal. I eventually get it made It is very cool.

The Stig
09-11-2012, 11:30 AM
like a decal?

Almost sets a fella's mind to thinking don't it?

Echo2
09-11-2012, 12:15 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160461622586?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Ant-Graphics-Car-Decals-Stickers-5-x5-/03/!By+T+r!EWk~$(KGrHqV,!hEEw5h+7,JzBMUDyglMyw~~_12.J PG

izzyscout21
09-11-2012, 01:52 PM
I love my Ant head decal!

I have it on the inside back side window of my truck. Unfortunately, the window is tinted quite dark, so he hides most of the time, but when the sun hits it in just the right way, it almost glows right through the window.

Makes me smile everytime I see him!

I wouldn't mind a couple more... maybe a couple of smaller ones for gear (2")

I'm glad you like the decals.

One never knows what may be lurking in the shadows ready to be unveiled............

Grumpy Old Man
09-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Old Red has a coveted ant decal proudly displayed in the rear window!

realist
09-12-2012, 01:04 AM
This all sounds a lot like a conspiracy to me................I like it.

Katrina
09-12-2012, 03:14 AM
I wanna ANT she says as she kicks her heels on the ground LOL

Taz Baby
09-12-2012, 03:26 AM
This in a round or octagon shape will work for me. SHTF ready on top, ant head in the middle and the rest on bottom.

http://www.shtfready.com/images/styles/Modern/style/logo.png

izzyscout21
09-12-2012, 04:00 AM
This in a round or octagon shape will work for me. SHTF ready on top, ant head in the middle and the rest on bottom.

http://www.shtfready.com/images/styles/Modern/style/logo.png

something like this????

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx288/2crgrunt/SHTF_ANT_v2.jpg

or this??

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx288/2crgrunt/SHTF_ANT_v2_tan-brown.jpg

Brownwater Riverrat 13
09-12-2012, 04:16 AM
Again I say "Thank you" Izzy! So get me my damn stickers already! I need one for each vehicle, 4 wheelers, front gate, mail box, for taggin!

Be safe................the night is your friend.

LUNCHBOX
09-12-2012, 04:18 AM
^^^^What he said.....

Sniper-T
09-12-2012, 09:41 AM
yep yep! I like that one lot!

The Stig
09-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Golly Brother Izzy, it's almost like you already had that artwork laying around. It's as if you had already spent the time doing leg work getting the artwork done, contacting people about pricing and investing time in seeing if such a thing were possible.

:cool:

The Stig
09-12-2012, 12:37 PM
When y'all say "stickers" is there a preference for regular stickers versus window decals (i.e. the the stickers you can put on the inside of your car's back window and it's seen regularly from the outside)?

Taz Baby
09-12-2012, 01:00 PM
something like this????

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx288/2crgrunt/SHTF_ANT_v2.jpg

or this??

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx288/2crgrunt/SHTF_ANT_v2_tan-brown.jpg

Kinda, SHTF Ready above the ant head, ant head like that one in the middle and The Ultimate Survival Form Or The Ant Colony under the ant head on the bottom, in the stop sign shape. But that looks good.

Stormfeather
09-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Swag Swag for everyone!!!!!

slowz1k
09-12-2012, 02:20 PM
When y'all say "stickers" is there a preference for regular stickers versus window decals (i.e. the the stickers you can put on the inside of your car's back window and it's seen regularly from the outside)?

I would buy both. I prefer the window decals that mount on the inside looking out, for my vehicles, but a "plain jane, adhesive on the back, everyday decal" is far more versatile for gun safes, toolboxes, file cabinets, bumpers, liberal foreheads, ammunition boxes, refrigerators, notebooks, etc...:cool:

Sniper-T
09-12-2012, 02:34 PM
^ what he said!

Echo2
09-12-2012, 04:59 PM
How about no text at all in the hexagon.....each sticker come with a "SHTF Ready" bar sticker if you want to display that you are a prepper.

The folks that would know what the "ant" meant....are the folks I wouldn't mind talking to anyways....because they were told that story and took something from it.

4suchatimeasthis
09-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Love it, Izzy!!!

Am I going to be infringing on some copyright something-or-other if I have a local guy put that ant head on a shirt? There is a guy at my hubbys work that has the equipment to do silkscreen stuff, and then a girlfriend of mine from church has her own local embroidery business, so Im not sure which way I want one yet, but when its finished I will post pics, if it's okay that I do so.

I really think the site could sell something like that, and its good advertising.

Echo2
09-12-2012, 07:33 PM
And a subdued patch...

The Stig
09-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Love it, Izzy!!!

Am I going to be infringing on some copyright something-or-other if I have a local guy put that ant head on a shirt? There is a guy at my hubbys work that has the equipment to do silkscreen stuff, and then a girlfriend of mine from church has her own local embroidery business, so Im not sure which way I want one yet, but when its finished I will post pics, if it's okay that I do so.

I really think the site could sell something like that, and its good advertising.

There are already patches and decals in various stages of works right now. I'd suggest waiting until we release those before going off and creating a whole new design. If you like what we are able to produce it would save you some hassle . If you don't like it than you can work with your network to create your own.

I'm somewhat reluctant to encourage people to run off willy-nilly and stamp www.shtfready.com and an ant head on every last little thing. That said it is great advertising.

But for now and all the people suddenly asking for www.shtfready.com gear there are a few things in the works. Please be patient as we are all volunteers and our main focus is the website not being swag designers and manufacturers.

Sniper-T
09-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Stig, I am a little more than adept with a computer... and drafting, and well, etc! If there is anything I can do to help, just say the word!

Echo2
09-13-2012, 12:10 AM
I also will lend a hand.....amateur graphic designer.....brochures and logos mostly....some photoshoping.

4suchatimeasthis
09-13-2012, 01:50 AM
There are already patches and decals in various stages of works right now. I'd suggest waiting until we release those before going off and creating a whole new design. If you like what we are able to produce it would save you some hassle . If you don't like it than you can work with your network to create your own.

I'm somewhat reluctant to encourage people to run off willy-nilly and stamp www.shtfready.com and an ant head on every last little thing. That said it is great advertising.

Ya know I hadn't thought of it like that, but it makes sense. If I owned a site like this I sure wouldn't want every Tom, Dick, and Harry plastering the logo on all kinds of crap. I don't mean to be a pain and I certainly don't want to cause a problem. I just wanted a shirt with the little ant head :). I didn't realize you guys had patches and decals and stuff like that in the works already, good to know!

Twitchy
09-13-2012, 02:17 AM
Ya know I hadn't thought of it like that, but it makes sense. If I owned a site like this I sure wouldn't want every Tom, Dick, and Harry plastering the logo on all kinds of crap. I don't mean to be a pain and I certainly don't want to cause a problem. I just wanted a shirt with the little ant head :). I didn't realize you guys had patches and decals and stuff like that in the works already, good to know!

Proud owner of one of the limited run first edition window decals :) Can't wait to get my truck to put it up!

4suchatimeasthis
09-13-2012, 02:35 AM
Proud owner of one of the limited run first edition window decals Can't wait to get my truck to put it up!

Gee, why does that not surprise me?! ;)

izzyscout21
09-13-2012, 03:43 AM
I didn't realize you guys had patches and decals and stuff like that in the works already, good to know!

you just never know what we are scheming..............

The Stig
09-13-2012, 11:53 AM

Basically we're easing into the www.shtfready.com logo'd items. Several staff members have been working on a couple things that will be released to the membership for sale. Izzy has already done a trial run of patches that seems to have worked out well. We've done a very small run of decals a long time back. Lunchbox did a project for a t-shirt as a gift item for a fundraiser last year.

Window decals are *possibly* the next item we'll release for sale. The details have not been finalized at all but in *broad general terms* it will likely be a decal version of the patch design Izzy posted earlier in the thread. We're discussing the logistics of having both window and regular decals done but we still need to iron out cost and the details of ordering.

Beyond that a patch is very likely to be the next item to be launched for sale. Please do not expect this to happen next week. I only share these details to wet your whistle for the future.

Yes, there needs to be some balance between having membership running amok slapping www.shtfready.com on every little thing and only allowing staff to create designs and release them. So membership involvement is appreciated when it comes to ideas and designs. The practical limitation is the logistics. We can't have 47 different color variations when we release a patch. We can't create kids, womens, adults, physically handicapped, pocket, no-pocket, long-sleeve, armored and jet-pack versions of a t-shirt to accommodate every request.

We are a website dedicated to discussing real prepping by ordinary people and that's our main focus. Maybe someday we'll grow big enough to have a store with 189 different logo items. For now, we're going to try our hand at a few things and see how they work out. You may like some of the things we develop, you may not. If you like them buy some. If you don't maybe we'll get closer to the mark next time.

Just wanted to let the membership know the thought process we/I have regarding these items. We want to release some items in the near future for sale, and several things are in the works. Beyond that who knows. Our priority is the forum, not selling trinkets.

Lastly, have you voted for the Thread of the Month Contest yet?

4suchatimeasthis
09-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Lot's of good thoughts, Stig, I can see where you guys are coming from. It's obviously very complicated, I can appreciate that.

All good things come to those who wait, so I can be as patient as I need to be. I really like what I have seen so far.

And yes, I voted, it wasn't easy though, so many good choices!

Stormfeather
09-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Proud owner of one of the limited run first edition window decals :) Can't wait to get my truck to put it up!

As am I! Waiting for the new BOV to get back before I put it on!

- - - Updated - - -

The practical limitation is the logistics. We can't have 47 different color variations when we release a patch. We can't create kids, womens, adults, physically handicapped, pocket, no-pocket, long-sleeve, armored and jet-pack versions of a t-shirt to accommodate every request.

Um. . . yes we can! In fact, I bet Izzy is working on one now as we speak!

Sniper-T
09-13-2012, 06:59 PM
Yes, there needs to be some balance between having membership running amok slapping www.shtfready.com on every little thing and only allowing staff to create designs and release them. So membership involvement is appreciated when it comes to ideas and designs. The practical limitation is the logistics. We can't have 47 different color variations when we release a patch. We can't create kids, womens, adults, physically handicapped, pocket, no-pocket, long-sleeve, armored and jet-pack versions of a t-shirt to accommodate every request.

Dang, I wanted a 48 colour version! :( Can I still get the above in short sleeve? And my wife would like it in a halter with spaghetti straps

Lastly, have you voted for the Thread of the Month Contest yet?

yep yep

Onestep
09-14-2012, 12:06 PM
Izzy, the stickers rock bud. Simple and easy to recognize.
Now, how do I get a few (I prefer the green one)?
As for clothing, I'd stick with short & long sleeve t-shirts and hats. Probably in tan or green. Too many items/choices will become a PITA, trust me, been there, done that.
If you want shirts or caps I have a good freind in the embrodery business. Just sayin...
Let me know if I can help with any of this.

Katrina
09-16-2012, 05:21 AM
When you get ready to release, let me know.