PDA

View Full Version : QE3 just started

Echo2
09-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Bend over and brace yourself......

Seriously folks....keep your eyes to the foreign markets.

My "Spidey Sense" just went off the charts.....but I'm one of those paranoid right wing conspiracy theorist.

Willie51
09-13-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm with ya Echo.

piranha2
09-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Thats three of us .

Grumpy Old Man
09-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Ya'll read my mind!!

Taz Baby
09-13-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm ready. Are you?

izzyscout21
09-13-2012, 08:43 PM
Bend over and brace yourself......

Seriously folks....keep your eyes to the foreign markets.

My "Spidey Sense" just went off the charts.....but I'm one of those paranoid right wing conspiracy theorist.

I'm with ya Echo.

Ya'll read my mind!!

Thats three of us .

I'm ready. Are you?

So how is this going to affect everyone's prepping? What steps will everyone be taking to lessen the effect that this may have on us?

Taz Baby
09-13-2012, 10:22 PM
I was talking about prepping with my answer. If it started going bad right now today, I am ready. Don't have everything I want to have, but I have every thing I need. Just have to get back to the BOL

Echo2
09-13-2012, 10:47 PM
I may go ahead with a couple purchases I've been putting off.....made one earlier today....2003 Chevrolet 3500 Dually....with utility body.

I'm looking at getting a better set of binoculars....

And....I've been wanting to get a crossbow to go with the 80 bolts I got at a flea market for $0.50 each almost 30 of them had broad heads.

Or.....just buying a copious amount of ammo....:)

bacpacker
09-13-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm in agreement with everyone in the thread so far. This is gonna create even more inflation, that won't be counted since it has been taken out of the formula.

How it affects me is gonna be pretty much the same list I posted in the Middle East News thread. I'm gonna get what I can while I can.

Willie51
09-14-2012, 12:38 AM
We're in pretty good shape here. Will beef up the stock on mid-range food supply. Pulled out 10 extra gas cans and will stock up on more gasoline. Gas is rising and will go through the roof as things heat up or happen in mideast especially with Iran. When Carter was president, and the Iran showdown happened, I remember long lines for gas when you could get it and it spiking over night.

eagle326
09-14-2012, 01:18 AM
So how is this going to affect everyone's prepping? What steps will everyone be taking to lessen the effect that this may have on us?

This doesn't affect me in the sense that I have to speed up preps. I've always looked at the worst case senario and went by that. I know that where I'm at I may have to Get Out Of Dodge sooner than later. I have a place to go to with an old Nam brother that we've been working on a secure area. I can probably get there on my own ; But There are some in the colony who could be a safe stop on the way but at this time I hate to ask because I may put them in harm's way. I will never knowingly risk another Ant's survival chances just to extend mine or my family's safety.

There are many things I do which I don't expound upon on this site for OSPEC reasons. Though I will say that there are those whom I've P.M. with or talked with on the phone and these people i would trust with my family's life. The site I mentioned with a Nam brother is open to all in the colony as he and I talked this matter over. He's not a computer guy but trust me he has talents in areas we don't normally use everyday.

LUNCHBOX
09-14-2012, 07:26 AM
This doesn't affect me in the sense that I have to speed up preps. I've always looked at the worst case senario and went by that. I know that where I'm at I may have to Get Out Of Dodge sooner than later. I have a place to go to with an old Nam brother that we've been working on a secure area. I can probably get there on my own ; But There are some in the colony who could be a safe stop on the way but at this time I hate to ask because I may put them in harm's way. I will never knowingly risk another Ant's survival chances just to extend mine or my family's safety.

There are many things I do which I don't expound upon on this site for OSPEC reasons. Though I will say that there are those whom I've P.M. with or talked with on the phone and these people i would trust with my family's life. The site I mentioned with a Nam brother is open to all in the colony as he and I talked this matter over. He's not a computer guy but trust me he has talents in areas we don't normally use everyday.

Eagle, if you and yours have to come this way.....your more than welcome. You could even go along with us on our little journey.

NWPilgrim
09-14-2012, 08:34 AM
I think QE3 is the tipping pt. TARP was the signal event that the banksters feel they don't need to hide what they do any more. After decades of incremental theft and corruption they felt it had enslaved us enough they could quit being coy and just put the gun to our head. Congress pissed their pants and proved them correct. TARP was a game changer. Since then they did QE1 and 2, GM theft, de facto eliminate criminal penalties for fraud, and shift the riskiest investments to the taxpayers.

QE3 is the next level of enslavement. This will send us into the death spiral. Remember the public hue and cry against TARP, first/second debt ceiling increase and QE1? Now nothing, ho hum just another complicated thing we shouldn't worry about.

Like most here I am already continuing my preps as best I can. Not much I will change except now I know to expect financial chaos in the next year whereas before I was thinking it could collapse in 1-5 yrs. there is no recovery at this point. We will crash on the rocks, the banksters will try to keep us enslaved to impossible debt and the question us will let them or gid rid of that old game altogether and rebuild fresh.

eagle326
09-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Eagle, if you and yours have to come this way.....your more than welcome. You could even go along with us on our little journey.

Thanks Lunchbox. If I'm not mistaken my 2nd. oldest son lives in your area. Kettering outside Dayton. Ex Navy was an I C man. I plan on him being my commo go to guy. He's a smart one ; bull-headed at times but good.
Would be an interesting journey I'm sure.

Fatty
09-14-2012, 06:08 PM
I was hoping to have my family's 1 year food supply stocked up long before QE3 so I had a little time to pick up some PM's. Looks like the timeline shifted again so now I hope to get the 1 year set aside before things let lose completely and pick up any lose ends along the way.

Cabela's had a gen 1 night vision monocular on sale for 150.00. I picked it up so I atleast had SOMETHING. I was happy with what I received for the price.

Sniper-T
09-14-2012, 06:28 PM
QE3??? TARP???

Help a Canuck out here... I tried google and wiki; but just got long drawn out blah-de-blah's. Who can provide a simple summary, and prophesy?

tx

bacpacker
09-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Tarp=goverment bailout of companies such as GM and banls. QE = Quanatative easing by the Federal Reserve (BTW its not ran by the goverme t and has doubtful reserves) they basically print money out of thin air with nothing backing it other than IOU. It is a major factor in the inflatio we are under right now, and the last several years.

Echo2
09-14-2012, 07:20 PM
The bottom line is the FED is purchasing treasury bonds to the tune of about $40,000,000,000 a month.

The US Dollar has been in real trouble for the last couple years.....and this is only going to weaken it even more.

Most foreign investors are straying away from the dollar....and the US credit rating is going to suffer.

If we as a country had to pay .5% more in interest....we would not be able to make minimum payments.....however...it's not like we are now anyway.

We have been robbing Peter to pay Paul for a few years now.

If it were a family.....the US would be homeless right now.

bacpacker
09-14-2012, 07:32 PM
What Echo said! We have borrowed so much it will be almost impossible ever pay it back. It is now getting down to crunch time.

The Stig
09-15-2012, 02:45 PM
For the Stig household this means we need to brush up on our bartering skills, watch our budget & discretionary spending like a hawk and continue to try to do more with less.

I don't see any way that this doesn't end up with the mighty American dollar being worth the same as a Zimbabwean million dollar coin.

Echo2
09-15-2012, 02:58 PM
For the Stig household this means we need to brush up on our bartering skills, watch our budget & discretionary spending like a hawk and continue to try to do more with less.

I don't see any way that this doesn't end up with the mighty American dollar being worth the same as a Zimbabwean million dollar coin.

There's nothing you have been waiting to pick up.....that would be better to get now rather than after hypre-inflation?

The Stig
09-15-2012, 03:01 PM
There's nothing you have been waiting to pick up.....that would be better to get now rather than after hypre-inflation?

Good question....maybe one of those slick Honda generators that I've been wanting. Can live without it since we already have a different genny but it would be nice to have.

Other than that, nothing critical comes to mind.

Echo2
09-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Good question....maybe one of those slick Honda generators that I've been wanting. Can live without it since we already have a different genny but it would be nice to have.

Other than that, nothing critical comes to mind.

We had a chat with all the members of my group....we are doing another group buy of LTS food from the LDS and EE.

They way we are looking at it....if we spend $3500 now.....it will be the same as $7000 before the expiration dates.

May sound like a big increase.....but the price of quality food....and the general quality of all food will suffer during hyper inflation....fillers and all to stretch product.

I bought $80 worth of peanut butter last night....:)...along with ordering a extra set of heads for a Country Living grain mill.

We also have a guy picking up 12, 50lb sacks of popcorn....we'll bag and bucket it up at our fall meeting.

I have my eye on another pressure canner.....Model 910...we got a couple big boys....but this is the smaller one.....less fuel to preserve a small amount.

Gunfixr
09-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Doesn't change much here. We're strapped enough now that preps get added only occasionally, so that won't change. Might borrow a bit from my father to bolster a few things.

Eagle, you come down this way, you can stash you and yours here if need be. We're already at risk here in the city, so nothing changes.

bacpacker
09-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Those are some good ideas Echo. LTS food could well be the best investment right now. Implements to prepare or preserve food you grow are very important as well.

I am currently working on a substantial seed order to get sent off very soon. I'm also trying to get more perinnials going. Garlic, asparagus, horseradish, ruhbarb, etc. gonna expand the grapes as well. I went to the Co-op Thursday with the plans to buy 100lbs of open pollenated seed corn Not only did they not have the corn I wanted in bulk, they didn't have any smaller size bags either. The only seed they did have was turnips, mustard, collards, and radishes. I did get some horseradish roots and 100 apsparagus roots that were left overs. i got them for $3.00, so even if less than half of them come up, it was still a good buy.

BTW Eagle, you know you all have a spare nail to hang out on down here.