PDA

View Full Version : Jungle hammock

Onestep
09-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Anyone have experience with one they'd recommend?
I'm looking for one for all day hunts down here in FL where I can relax in the middle of the day before going back to the stand.

mitunnelrat
09-14-2012, 08:11 PM
I don't have any experience with a jungle hammock, but would recommend avoiding the ENO slap straps as suspension. They stretch too much.

shoeglue
10-28-2012, 08:32 PM
If by jungle hammock you mean something like http://hennessyhammock.com/catalog/specs/expedition_asym_zip/

Then YES. And I can say I own 2 of those, one stays in my truck and the other in my BOB

they are amazing and I can't speak for other brands, however I can attest to Hennessy hammocks. I've used mine for about a year and it's still in excellent quality.

You are basically sleeping flat. But you need to lay a bit crooked.

Evolver
10-28-2012, 08:39 PM
I like this! and I also like that Radiant Double Bubble Pad that lower down on the ad. It would be good for those cooler nights.

Baker
10-28-2012, 08:47 PM
I like my treklight double hammock. Only thing is that it doesn't have an integral bug net, but that can be easily fixed.

shoeglue
10-28-2012, 08:54 PM
yeah, I've never used those typically though I use something similar although proabably a bit less good. I like to layer under my sleep system with something like http://www.amazon.com/Grabber-Outdoors-Original-Weather-Blanket/dp/B002CQUA28/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1351457363&sr=8-2&keywords=reusable+space+blanket
works just as good, has multiple uses, and last pretty well.

I mean, you are hanging in the air so you really do need something to buffer you from the night air/wind.
however, between a reusable space blanket like that on bottom and a sleep system like a bivi and decent sleepingbag w/ a wool blanket on top - you'll be sleeping cozy xD

I also like hammocks because one of my more realistic fears is flooding, as long as it's not a raging river and just mild flooding I can find a few trees to set up shop for a few days if needed (although never really been in a flood so that comment might be totally ignorant and it wouldn't work at all haha)