PDA

View Full Version : Prepping Book - Preparedness: The Basics and Beyond

4suchatimeasthis
09-19-2012, 08:20 PM
I decided to give my friend a call, and what do you know, but he went and published another book!

Preparedness: The Basics and Beyond (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008GU5BRI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B008GU5BRI&linkCode=as2&tag=trutistrea-20)

He also has a website (http://www.southernplainsconsulting.com/) now, it looks good!

prepguide
09-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the props. I try very hard to put out good information no matter the format. This book Preparedness Basics and Beyond is intended more for those who are newer to the lifestyle . The sequel (no working title yet and already underway) will be geared toward those medium level skills and goals.I hope to have the draft of the second book to the publisher by early December.

4suchatimeasthis
09-20-2012, 05:42 PM
And hopefully you will consider posting your fiction here? Ya know, in all your free time.

ladyhk13
09-26-2012, 02:11 AM
prepguide I went to your site and wanted to get info on the simple pump but all the links are "broken"...are you a dealer of these or have you stopped?

4suchatimeasthis
09-26-2012, 04:37 AM
Lady, you can still google them, just for general info. HTH

prepguide
09-28-2012, 02:18 AM
Just wanted to pass along that work on the sequel is really moving. I just finished a chapter tonight in fact. So far my deadline of wanting to have it to the publisher for editing in early December is on track.

prepguide
10-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Just got word that Backwoods Home magazine will be doing a review of my book in an upcoming issue! I am quite excited to say the least. Wanted to share that.

Echo2
10-09-2012, 10:29 PM
I've been a subscriber of BHM for many years now.....since they bought out ASGs sublist.

Great publication....congrats.

bacpacker
10-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Real good magazine. Congrats on getting some PUB!

prepguide
10-31-2012, 02:08 PM
I keep chipping away on the sequel which is titled Preparedness The Next Steps. I hope to have it available in early 2013.

prepguide
11-18-2012, 01:22 AM
I participated in an open house for Organics OKC this afternoon (a supplier of all manner of equipment and supplies) and while there two nice ladies stopped by my table. One of them picked up a copy of my book and said to the other lady "Isn't this that book?" Turns out they had just left a prep group meeting in another part of the city and speaker had told the people there to make sure to purchase a copy of the book. I have NO idea who this man is or why he likes the book so much but I was needless to say thrilled.

So one of the ladies bought a copy which was nice. I'm trying to find out who the speaker was so I can reach out to both thank him and introduce myself to him.

A pretty good day for me, wanted to share that.

prepguide
01-11-2013, 04:08 AM
A review of my book Preparedness Basics and Beyond is out in the latest issue (Jan/Feb) of Backwoods Home magazine. I am beyond excited!! (page 72 not that I was checking lol)

ladyhk13
01-11-2013, 04:18 AM
Congrats!! I hope it was a good one but I guess we'll have to wait until we buy the mag? Dh always gets one (we have to drive an hour to a store that sells them though). But kuddos to you!!!!

prepguide
01-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Lady, they sent us a preview of the review last fall and its a good review overall so I'll take it. That kind of exposure should help sales for sure. Work on the sequel (Preparedness The Next Steps) is coming along.

prepguide
01-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Just did a radio interview on the Preparedness Radio Network regarding my book and the upcoming sequel. I love doing big shows like that. We talked about the books, gun control concerns, Simple Pumps, the upcoming Self Reliance Expo in late April in Arlington TX and much more. Great show to do.

Echo2
01-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Congrats...Saw the review.

Didn't notice.....are they offering it in the book section of the magazine?

Sniper-T
01-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Nice Prep. Congrats!

bacpacker
01-18-2013, 02:56 PM
Good deal Prep. I hope things take off with it.

Willie51
01-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Congratulations sir! Sounds like a very good book and I will be ordering one for sure. Is there a website for the expo in Texas? Might need to take a road trip. :)

Update 1:30pm- Just ordered book from Amazon. :)

prepguide
01-19-2013, 06:03 AM
Willie, the website is www.selfrelianceexpo.com but I just checked they don't have the April show info up yet. The dates for the show are April 26 and 27. When I did the show last year it was held at the Arlington Convention Center which is right next to both Six Flags and the Ballpark at Arlington. Really nice facility. I don't know yet what I'll be doing my presentation on but the speakers they had last year at the event were among others Jack Spirko of Survival Podcast, Jackie Clay, Dr. Bones and Nurse Amy.

I had a great time being a vendor and speaker at the event am thrilled to be asked to come be a part of it again. If all goes well I will be launching the sequel at the show.

- - - Updated - - -

Echo, I'm not sure if they are offering it or not. It is available through Amazon as either a Kindle E-book or in print. If you are an Amazon Prime member it is a free download.

Echo2
01-19-2013, 12:51 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Echo, I'm not sure if they are offering it or not. It is available through Amazon as either a Kindle E-book or in print. If you are an Amazon Prime member it is a free download.

Hey Prep....do you get anything off the lending off prime?

prepguide
01-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Yes I still get my full commission for each download. :)

Echo2
01-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Sweet...just downloaded it.

prepguide
01-19-2013, 05:19 PM
My thanks to you and I sincerely hope that you enjoy it. I welcome any and all comments about it as well. If you really like a certain part please let me know and even more important to me is that if you read something you don't agree with or feel is incorrect information let me know! I strive to put out correct information while helping people.

prepguide
01-26-2013, 12:49 AM
Finally got to see the review in Backwoods Home magazine today on my book. I have to admit I was caught off guard by the length of the review. It is one entire page and I wanted to share some of the quotes from it.

Mark A. Smith lays out a wealth of information on things the well-prepared individual or family should have and do.

His chapter on weapons is one of the best I've seen.

My overall impression is that this book contains a ton of information.

The review was done by Claire Wolfe so this is pretty high praise (stand back so my ego doesn't run you over LOL) In fairness she does correctly take me task on a few points but those points are being addressed in the sequel.

Just wanted to share that with you.

Willie51
01-26-2013, 01:48 AM
Finally got to see the review in Backwoods Home magazine today on my book. I have to admit I was caught off guard by the length of the review. It is one entire page and I wanted to share some of the quotes from it.

Mark A. Smith lays out a wealth of information on things the well-prepared individual or family should have and do.

His chapter on weapons is one of the best I've seen.

My overall impression is that this book contains a ton of information.

The review was done by Claire Wolfe so this is pretty high praise (stand back so my ego doesn't run you over LOL) In fairness she does correctly take me task on a few points but those points are being addressed in the sequel.

Just wanted to share that with you.

Again congrats buddy!!! Can't wait to get my copy of the book from Amazon. Kinda thought it would show today, so should be here any day now.

4suchatimeasthis
01-26-2013, 03:28 AM
Awesome! I will have to hunt up a copy of said periodical. Very nice, Prepguide!

Willie51
01-27-2013, 02:44 AM
Yeah!!! Got my copy today. Prepguide, looks pretty awesome so far.

Willie51
02-08-2013, 06:07 PM
I just had a chance to sit down and read the book, Preparedness: The Basics and Beyond, that I ordered from Amazon. I would first like to say that this is a very good book and wish it was around about 4 years ago when we got really serious about preparing for more than just hurricanes.

It was well written and easy to read. The title says it all, “the basics and beyond”. It’s a great guide for the beginner and experienced Prepper in my opinion. I don’t care who you are or what level you think you’re at, this book is a great reference. I highlighted and made notes as I read. The author uses a common sense approach to everyday preparedness. Many times I would think, wow, I could have written that and many times I would think, wow, I should have thought of that or done that already. This book has helped us to re-adjust some of our thinking and our plans, especially since we were having to do it anyway because of our recent move to northwest Florida.

As I read I also decided that this is a great book to give to those we care about, whether family or close friends who are aware that they need to prep at some level but are riding the fence for some reason. So that being said, we ordered 5 more books to give out and maybe inspire some of these folks to do the right thing for themselves and their family. By them reading it in a well written book, they would take it more serious. A great tool for getting people on board and maybe building or adding to the group.

Anyway, I felt like I needed to share this and thanks to Prepguide for a really good book.

Willie51
02-13-2013, 02:09 AM
Got my 5 new copies of the book in today from Amazon! Will give out 2 of them this week.

Willie51
03-08-2013, 01:49 AM
I've given out two of the above books...one to our youngest son and his new bride and the other to a couple that lives the next town over from us. He gave me a hug when I handed it to him. Will give another out next week to a couple in Panama City.