PDA

View Full Version : I want this pump!

4suchatimeasthis
09-19-2012, 08:36 PM
I want a Simple Pump (http://www.simplepump.com/)! A buddy of mine sells them, he gave me a quote of about $1300-$1500 for the a complete kit of everything you need. Check it out! Only a 2" well needed, it requires only 12lbs of downward force, and it's THE ONLY HAND-PUMP that gives you full use of all your home's taps and plumbing fixtures! How awesome is that?!

bacpacker
09-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Nice lookin pump. I will be looking into this further.

Echo2
09-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Looks solid....we have one of these....

http://www.bisonpumps.com/

4suchatimeasthis
09-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Gee, I wonder what the odds are of convincing my husband to forgo that big a$$ tv one more year, and buy this pump instead? Hmm...considering he has worked overtime most of the summer, and will be working every (but two) weekends till Christmas, and that big tv is his reward, my odds are not that great. I wonder what I could sell....

Echo2
09-19-2012, 09:06 PM
A hand pump capable of more than 300ft draw will be worth it's weight in gold in the event.

Sniper-T
09-19-2012, 09:14 PM
I hear that there is some fancy new technology coming out mid-next year that is going to obsolete all the current tv's. It is going to be so revolutionary that people will sell their children to buy a new set. It is going to be so fantastic that people who cannot buy one are going to fall into a miserable downward spiral of depression that will completely shatter their lives. Tell him to hold off, buy the pump now, and he can have enough saved up again by the time they come out.

yeah, good luck with that!

Awesome pump though!

4suchatimeasthis
09-19-2012, 09:15 PM
^^^ Pretty much. These kits that you can supposedly adapt to just about any regular well, I bet would be invaluable to barter with. In fact, if I had the money I would be tempted to purchase an extra 2 or 3.

Bob Krack
10-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Without showing how ignorant I actually am, how can I convince the man in the mirror to spend $1200-1500 for a kit?

Bob

Echo2
10-08-2012, 12:44 AM
If you need to pump water after the event....and have a deep well....You'll think $1300 to $1500 is cheap.

4suchatimeasthis
10-08-2012, 04:50 AM
Hubby surprised me, seems that I underestimated him. He is willing to compromise the TV (for now), and get the pump instead. He does request we finish the shed remodel, and buy all the hay for the winter first, which I agree is wise. We should have the shed finished and the hay put up by the end of the month. Also, after asking some more specific questions, I learned that our well is a lot better than I realized, and this should save us some money too, as we wont need as much pipe, etc. Woo hoo, saving money makes me happy!

Bob Krack, the issue for us is that we live way out in the country, on a farm, and when we lose power, we also lose water. We have livestock, and they drink a lot more water than we can just "save up". When we used to live in the city I would store water for us, in case of emergencies, plus, water in town still came on without power. But when you have your own well, you have to have a power source to use the pump, which draws the water out of the ground.

You will die in 3 minutes without air, 3 days without water, 3 weeks without food, and 3 months without hope (shamelessly stolen from Prepguide). Sure, a genny works for short term, as long as you can put the fuel in it, but we paid $800 for ours, and that's not counting the price of fuel, and that's assuming you have access to the fuel. I believe a day is coming when they may not be. Then what? We had a real bad ice storm down here a few years ago, some people didn't have power for over a week. I guess to me it pays for itself in peace of mind, we can have unlimited water for ourselves, our animals, our neighbors, etc. To me, it's worth it.

prepguide
10-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Simple Pump also offers a high quality deep well pump. It comes with a spare set of bushings, on a two inch well it will draw from 350 feet using only the hand lever and has a five year warranty. So that is another option. It is American built.