PDA

View Full Version : Turn on your TV: Revolution is on!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
09-20-2012, 02:08 AM
IT'S HAPPENING NOW! EVERYTHING IS TURNING OFF NOW.....................it's shutting down.........now................bye bye.........:eek:

Be safe................the night is your friend

Taz Baby
09-20-2012, 02:22 AM
Watched it last night on the internet, lol. Really good.

bacpacker
09-20-2012, 10:00 AM
DVR'd it. Prolly watch this weekend.

RedJohn
09-20-2012, 12:27 PM
I just watched the first episode. Backpacker, don't read the following.

1/ I would have loved a few episodes about the 15 years.
2/ 80 millions in the bank ... gone! Need to buy some precious metals, just in case, or some "Charmin" paper.
3/ Must remember the poisoned whiskey in the BOB. Neat trick.
4/ A good blade and how to use it is a must.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
09-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Well it doesn't seem to be too bad of a show. But funny how it seems that all these "disaster survival" series programs are now popping up. Before it was like Taboo, "Jericho" was frowned upon(my opinion). Now they seem to be everywhere, movies, TV, etc. I guess they want us to prepare, Hmmmmmmmmmm? Guess they should call this one the Newt Gingrich hour. In light of he's the only one that was concerned of an EMP strike. But it was a pretty realistic scenario in the beginning of the program, planes falling out of the sky all at once and all. But I didn't like how they skipped the initial chaos, guess they don't want to PUT THE FEAR OF GOD INTO PEOPLE AND MAKE IT TOO REAL! I mean with all the riots, looting, killing, raping, starvation you know................ like New Orleans. Funny, the people of Alabama and Mississippi didn't behave that way...............

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Taz Baby
09-20-2012, 07:46 PM
I didn't like the 15 yrs later thing either. Also notice that every one of these movies have the cars, planes anything that has a motor and wheels just stops. Also you would think that they had 15 yrs to explore their surrounding for useful things they could use. But it show the girl acting like that was something new she just found close to home, the RV. And then they showed the homemade medicine for the boys Asthma. All in all it starts out OK.

ak474u
09-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Well it doesn't seem to be too bad of a show. But funny how it seems that all these "disaster survival" series programs are now popping up. Before it was like Taboo, "Jericho" was frowned upon(my opinion). Now they seem to be everywhere, movies, TV, etc. I guess they want us to prepare, Hmmmmmmmmmm? Guess they should call this one the Newt Gingrich hour. In light of he's the only one that was concerned of an EMP strike. But it was a pretty realistic scenario in the beginning of the program, planes falling out of the sky all at once and all. But I didn't like how they skipped the initial chaos, guess they don't want to PUT THE FEAR OF GOD INTO PEOPLE AND MAKE IT TOO REAL! I mean with all the riots, looting, killing, raping, starvation you know................ like New Orleans. Funny, the people of Alabama and Mississippi didn't behave that way...............

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Jericho was only frowned upon by people who don't want Americans to realize they can "do it" on their own, it was just too red-blooded American for the network. I'll always believe that was the reason for the first time it was cancelled, and it was brought back due to the "nuts" campaign by the fans.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
09-21-2012, 03:54 AM
I didn't like the 15 yrs later thing either. Also notice that every one of these movies have the cars, planes anything that has a motor and wheels just stops. Also you would think that they had 15 yrs to explore their surrounding for useful things they could use. But it show the girl acting like that was something new she just found close to home, the RV. And then they showed the homemade medicine for the boys Asthma. All in all it starts out OK.

I gotta admit, that was the best fuckin use for a Prius I've ever seen yet! (gutted and used for a planter) Pardon my excitement.

Be safe...............the night is your friend.

realist
09-21-2012, 04:28 AM
RJ there is something definitely wrong when some one has to resort to putting poison in their whiskey, that is just wrong. BR you are soooooooooo right I bet that Prius still has the sticker to allow them to drive in the car pool lane, bastards.......

I just wonder what happened to the modern firearms. Oh I forgot in a SHTF situation all the guns will evaporate and only the bows and arrows will be allowed. Oh yah only the bad guys might have one or two.

I am in agreement I would much rather see the first 15 years.......

Baker
09-21-2012, 04:19 PM
It's pretty good. My guess is that there are going to be some flashbacks, maybe an episode or two, dedicated to looking back in the 15 years from what happened to their present day.

There are a lot of questionable things, but I like it.

NWPilgrim
09-22-2012, 03:15 AM
You mean nobody had a 15 year stockpile of ammo! What happened to all of us?! 😃

ak474u
09-22-2012, 05:33 AM
You mean nobody had a 15 year stockpile of ammo! What happened to all of us?! ��

I didn't see a single ant head on anything... Did we all bugout to our own island? Or, are we the bad guys? Hmmmmm

izzyscout21
09-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Caught the 2nd episode last night.

It's getting good.............

ladyhk13
09-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Yeah but that stupid girl wouldn't let the uncle kill the bounty hunter and look what happened. Put the whole group in danger. Told dh I would never question a decision like that from him. I would have a real problem if it came to a woman and child but still wouldn't stop him (i.e. the discussion on the other thread about woman stealing your corn - ya don't know if she's point for some real bad guys - actually did see a woman in another movie who was so even though it would be hard, the decision would be left to the men). BUT then she was smart falling down the hill and drawing in the kid who was following her and cuffing him to the post and then going in and blowing away the head of the slave camp so she did redeem herself.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
09-26-2012, 12:40 AM
OK gang, scenario time! These clowns showed up at your house, smelled then saw your buck hanging in the front yard tree (first mistake). Martial law dictates No citizen shall possess any firearms unless it is a primitive weapon, i.e, bow, cross bow, sword , knife, etc. Obviously by the wounds you blasted this here buck with 00 buck. The "man" demands your shotgun. Now what? You're out numbered 25 to 1, DID YOU PREPARE FOR THIS SITUATION? If so and how?

I guess we'll pick apart the series as it goes along. This could be good "situational awareness" training.

*NOTE* He was in possession of an AMERICAN FLAG! What the hell did the leader of the "A" hole group say about that, I forgot. I know that represented the rebel forces but there was something he said............it was just something so anti American and it pissed me off, but I forgot what he said.

Be safe..............the night is your friend.

ak474u
09-26-2012, 01:39 AM
OK gang, scenario time! These clowns showed up at your house, smelled then saw your buck hanging in the front yard tree (first mistake). Martial law dictates No citizen shall possess any firearms unless it is a primitive weapon, i.e, bow, cross bow, sword , knife, etc. Obviously by the wounds you blasted this here buck with 00 buck. The "man" demands your shotgun. Now what? You're out numbered 25 to 1, DID YOU PREPARE FOR THIS SITUATION? If so and how?

I guess we'll pick apart the series as it goes along. This could be good "situational awareness" training.

*NOTE* He was in possession of an AMERICAN FLAG! What the hell did the leader of the "A" hole group say about that, I forgot. I know that represented the rebel forces but there was something he said............it was just something so anti American and it pissed me off, but I forgot what he said.

Be safe..............the night is your friend.

The flag thing wasn't lost on me, neither is the fact that the militia honcho looks, uh, Barack-ish. NO, not because he is black.

Taz Baby
10-09-2012, 12:02 AM
Ok as some of you know I don't have t.v so does anyone have a link to where I can watch this show on here maybe? If so thanks in advance.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-09-2012, 05:28 AM
Ok as some of you know I don't have t.v so does anyone have a link to where I can watch this show on here maybe? If so thanks in advance.
Hey little sister, wish I did, I can't even watch the walking dead and I have "Dish" dish doesn't carry that "ONE" channel, asswipes.

Wait try this!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2070791/

OOPS! Sorry try this one it seems to be free.
http://watch-freeseries.eu/updated.php

Willie51
10-09-2012, 04:08 PM

You can also watch it for free on www.abc.com

Taz Baby
10-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Hey little sister, wish I did, I can't even watch the walking dead and I have "Dish" dish doesn't carry that "ONE" channel, asswipes.

Wait try this!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2070791/

OOPS! Sorry try this one it seems to be free.
http://watch-freeseries.eu/updated.php

Thanks Big Bubby, We got caught up this year from last year watching the Walking Dead on http://www.movie2k.to/. Don't sign up to nothing, just keep trying until you get one of the links to works. this is a preety good site but you do have to fish for the right link for it to be able to watch. Hope that helps you.

Willie51
10-10-2012, 02:58 AM
You can also watch it for free on www.abc.com

So sorry TAZ, I meant www.nbc.com. Sorry about that. :)

Taz Baby
10-10-2012, 03:00 AM
So sorry TAZ, I meant www.nbc.com. Sorry about that. :)

N P Haven't had time to try any of them out yet.

Stg1swret
10-11-2012, 12:44 AM
Kind of a Hunger Games meets Jericho plot. Everyone seems to be quite stupid in this show. A few more bad decisions by the lead characters and I'll be watching something else. Based on what I've seen so far, it is a wonder anyone survived.
As for why you haven't seen any signs of ANT's, we are all on Aruba, partying it up, and we have power.

Willie51
10-11-2012, 03:01 AM
Kind of a Hunger Games meets Jericho plot. Everyone seems to be quite stupid in this show. A few more bad decisions by the lead characters and I'll be watching something else. Based on what I've seen so far, it is a wonder anyone survived.
As for why you haven't seen any signs of ANT's, we are all on Aruba, partying it up, and we have power.

I agree, I've about decided give it up. That stupid constipated look that Charlie keeps giving....hmm? But that's just me. :cool:

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-11-2012, 05:50 AM
Well I look at it like at this. as that I can pick it apart not so much as the "quality" of the show and the plot. Like I would have killed the Insurance adjuster right off the bat, not questions asked,and let him go and be captured ALL OVER AGAIN. I could go on, bit i won't, I'm looking at it as a training tool. I can watch the show use my survival experience, draw upon my instructor training and create a survival scenario. That is not quite the same as the show but it gives me some basic Ideas, then expand/contract ideas and develope a tactical/survival scenario based on the skill level of our "colony". Now for those that want to engage their minds ad try to enhance their mental/ psycological an physical capabilities are more than welcome to. But those that don't , do not need to comment on what is good bad or indifferent. Go grow your garden,can you your veggies or whatever. I myself spread myself around. Keeping my mind flexible and open. I enjoy the hell ourt of this site and learn quite extensively from alot of experts in their own feilds, some novces' as well.
So here i sit at the "Warriors Round Table" NOW for just that.................warriors..........to stratigize, and, adapt, overcome and improvise. Above all else defeat the enemy at their enemy at their own game and win at all cost, save your colony and the group, survival. Prepare isn't that the name of the game, the site? Teach your fellow prepper, enjoy each others company and if at all possible lend a had when one in is in need of help!

Let me know if I missed something?
Peace love and no underwear!
Brownwater Riverrat OUT!.....................

Willie51
10-12-2012, 03:20 AM
BWRR, I enjoy your scenarios better than the show. And I will continue to read and learn from them, but under the rules of engagement on this site for participating in the Warriors Round Table, I am not qualified to comment according to the rules. I served in the Army many years ago and had a desk job. So since I did not see combat or have not been a Law Enforcement Officer, I'll just had to read what you warriors write. I honor and respect you guys more than you know.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-12-2012, 04:23 AM
BWRR, I enjoy your scenarios better than the show. And I will continue to read and learn from them, but under the rules of engagement on this site for participating in the Warriors Round Table, I am not qualified to comment according to the rules. I served in the Army many years ago and had a desk job. So since I did not see combat or have not been a Law Enforcement Officer, I'll just had to read what you warriors write. I honor and respect you guys more than you know.

No problem Willie I just jumped into another one! So Grab your gear and let's "blow some bubbles" posted by Jimmy24

RedJohn
10-12-2012, 10:53 AM
In the last episode of Revolution (S01E04), one of the guys said:

"We prepped for everything. We had food, medicines and everything else, but we did not stock on weapons. It ended up to be a grave mistake! They came and they took everything, the food, the medicines, everything."

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-12-2012, 03:33 PM
JUST LIKE THEY DID TO US........after the tornados in huntsville, they took/bought everything. Only the opposite.........But we got our weapons too...................

mitunnelrat
10-12-2012, 11:41 PM

Willie, is the section in bold throwing you off?

There will be a higher requirement for participation in WRT than on the rest of our site. It will be expected that the people giving answers have some sort of relevant experience to the subject matter. In short, no wannabe warriors will be tolerated. While we wish to have real, gritty and honest discussions there will be heavier than normal mod activity in this forum to ensure some half-baked nut doesn't come in an spew nonsense. All are invited to ask questions to learn. Only those with real experience/training should be answering however. There will be no exceptions here.

If so you're cleared hot for engaging the scenarios there. I mean, c'mon, its a freaking pirate who may or may not have a submarine fleet posing the questions! ;)

But all kidding aside, read the following quote, as I am asking and presenting you some info the same as LT COL Grossman is in the book I pulled this from,

If you are in a war, you are a warrior. Is there a war on drugs? Is there a war on crime? Is there a war against terrorism? Are you confronting and containing aggression as a peace officer at home, a peacekeeper in some distant land, or a warrior combating terrorism around the world? Or perhaps you have chosen to be a martial arts practitioner or an armed citizen, seeking to defend yourself or your loved ones in their hour of need? Are there people who wake up every morning determined to send you back to your family in a box?
Then you are in a war and you are a warrior.
There are only two kinds of people once the bullets start to fly: warriors and victims, those who fight and those who are unprepared, unable or unwilling to defend themselves.

I'm struggling with how to most clearly impart this in print, because its not as if the rules don't apply to scenarios... they do, but I believe its likely to be one of those areas where moderator discretion comes into play. The way I see it, if a recognized subject matter expert poses a scenario, replies are open to anyone because s/he is using it as a group learning tool. The revolution series of scenarios is a prime example of this. Those scenarios also have another aspect to them that anyone can use. They ask you to draw upon your own skills and experiences, without exception, in making replies.

In such cases as outlined above moderator discretion would allow for discussion to flow unimpeded so the free exchange of ideas can allow learning and growth amongst the membership. I'd expect SME's to chime in to support good info and refute bad ideas. I'd also hope the free talk would help inspire more specific topics for the SME's to develop as lessons in individual threads. Tracking so far?

Now, if a member introduces a more limited scenario that pertains to a narrow band of skill sets, I'd expect only those with experience or training in those skill sets to reply.

The goal behind the rules isn't to limit member participation, but to make sure information isn't passed that could get a member injured, killed, or jailed. To put it even more simply, if you don't pretend to be an expert in something you're not, and don't pass of bad info in the process, you should be ok.

bacpacker
10-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the clarification MIT. I had been staying out of discussions on the WRT becasue I didn't think I was suppose to be chimin in.

mitunnelrat
10-13-2012, 12:23 AM
Some of that is just my opinion, so take even that fwiw. I did ask that someone more involved in spear heading WRT follow up on here to clarify or correct me as needed.

The Stig
10-13-2012, 01:19 AM
The purpose of the Warrior Round Table is to discuss the more violent side of SHTF events whether short or long term.

What we don't want is every arm-chair commando and internet bad-ass chiming in going on about how they are a 1000 yard sniper, one-man army and secret ninja.

And because we're talking about potentially deadly situations we want people giving good advice.

So lets talk "relevant experience". That all depends on the situation. If your SHTF event is an active shooter I feel very comfortable giving advice from a firearms self-defense standpoint since I've spent a bunch of time and money getting trained on a number of weapons systems. If your SHTF event rquires true military tactics I am 100% completely unqualified to give any advice since I have never served.

So it all depends on your experience. If you see a thread, and feel you have something relevant to add please don't hestiate. You don't have to be a Special Forces operator to chime in.

Our main goal was to keep internet know-it alls, who's "experience" includes playing Call Of Duty and are legends in their own minds from gunking up threads with nonsense. we definitely don't want good threads getting messed up by idiots dribbling stupid internet myths all over them.

Hope this helps clarifies.

izzyscout21
10-13-2012, 02:43 AM

Willie:

I think MTR and Stig summed it up well. They beat me to the punch.

Participation in the WRT is for everyone. However, it is a place where our SME's have a chance to contribute their experience and skills.

Please, come on in to WRT. Ask questions. Start a thread. It's how we all learn. We have folks here with a myriad of professional backgrounds who love to teach and share their knowledge. If you want a place to learn and discuss the warrior mindset without the usual internet BS, WRT is the place for you.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-13-2012, 02:57 AM
HOWEVER!

I mean, c'mon, its a freaking pirate who may or may not have a submarine fleet posing the questions! ;)

I DO IN FACT RESEMBLE THAT REMARK! You little Mole hole tunnel diggin dweller!;)

mitunnelrat
10-13-2012, 03:01 AM
Hey, at least I didn't point out you're devising land based scenarios!

izzyscout21
10-13-2012, 03:03 AM
HOWEVER!

I DO IN FACT RESEMBLE THAT REMARK! You little Mole hole tunnel diggin dweller!;)

Hey, at least I didn't point out you're devising land based scenarios!

are you guys gonna swashbuckle?

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-13-2012, 03:29 AM
are you guys gonna swashbuckle?
That's cause all I got's is creeks matie! ARRGGGHH! But I have been known to go ashore and pillage and plunder!

Willie51
10-13-2012, 03:50 AM
MTR and Stig, comprender. Thank you for clearing that up. I did read into it wrong as I do respect the rules. You guys have done a really nice job setting this site up to keep out the arm chair commandos and secret ninja types. I have seen them and their sillyness on some of other past sites, so I know what you're referring to. Don't have time for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Willie:

I think MTR and Stig summed it up well. They beat me to the punch.

Participation in the WRT is for everyone. However, it is a place where our SME's have a chance to contribute their experience and skills.

Please, come on in to WRT. Ask questions. Start a thread. It's how we all learn. We have folks here with a myriad of professional backgrounds who love to teach and share their knowledge. If you want a place to learn and discuss the warrior mindset without the usual internet BS, WRT is the place for you.

Thanks Izzy!

Taz Baby
10-13-2012, 07:55 PM

AMC is Now having a Walking Dead marathon if you get this in time.