PDA

View Full Version : Back in Florida

IDTANDY
09-22-2012, 03:57 AM
The last 18mo. has been a bit of a trip.PTSD bit me in the ass.Having dealt with others all this time, failed to recognize it in myself until I broke.There where many times postings on this site and socializing with the colony kept me somewhat grounded.Anyway I'm back in Florida and reunited with my wife;)

Willie51
09-22-2012, 04:03 AM
The last 18mo. has been a bit of a trip.PTSD bit me in the ass.Having dealt with others all this time, failed to recognize it in myself until I broke.There where many times postings on this site and socializing with the colony kept me somewhat grounded.Anyway I'm back in Florida and reunited with my wife;)

Welcome back buddy. Our prayers are with you.

Katrina
09-22-2012, 04:29 AM
Welcome back Hope you are doing better.

IDTANDY
09-22-2012, 04:34 AM
Doing well off pharmaceuticals and on nervine herb blends.

ak474u
09-22-2012, 05:32 AM
Been there, took 11 years for me to chill out. So happy for you.

Taz Baby
09-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Doing well off pharmaceuticals and on nervine herb blends.

Now you will recovery nicely. Glad to hear you are back and with the wife.

The Stig
09-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Thanks for being trusting enough to share this with us.

There are a lot of vets on this board so if you ever need to talk with someone who can relate just PM me and I'll get you hooked up with them. This assumes you aren't doing this already....if you already are good stuff.

Take care of yourself bud. Let us know if there's something we can do to help out.

Evolver
09-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Welcome home Bro, Sometimes a good ole walkabout is good for the soul.

Sniper-T
09-22-2012, 10:05 PM
welcome back! glad to hear you are back together.

Stay Strong!

eagle326
09-22-2012, 11:12 PM

I know where you're coming from brother. I was the same way from 1971 to 1995. Was to busy working ; taking care of family and being the protector as my psychologist called it. Up until it all built up to a volcanic eruption in my doctor's office. Luckily he asked the right questions and I was send to the V.A.

The wife stood beside me for all those years even though I was hard to live with. She said she knew I was trying to be good as a father and husband ; but there were demons in my past who sought control over me. She had to throw a pillow into and on my bed to wake me up as I once caught her and almost choked her to death in a sudden aroursal from sleep.

A good woman is worth more than all the gold on God's earth. I hope you & the wife make it through this trying time and if there is anyway I can be of help please let me know.

IDTANDY
09-23-2012, 12:56 AM
My wife stuck by through it all.I left because I was afraid I might hurt someone,not so much my familly,but all it would of taken was someone on the street saying or doing something to trip my trigger..I have a good support system.
Thanks
Andy

4suchatimeasthis
09-23-2012, 03:17 AM
Welcome back! Or, "hi", cause I don't know that we've met :) .

It's great to hear that you have a solid support group, and an awesome wife. Thank you for your service to our country! You are very brave to share something so personal, and so real. Thank you!