PDA

View Full Version : Last Resort

Stg1swret
09-22-2012, 11:15 PM
This is a new show airing on ABC. To say it will put you on the edge of your seat is putting it mildly. Just finished watching the preview on the internet, all I can say is wow.

RedJohn
09-25-2012, 12:15 AM
I guess that I am going to have to watch a couple episode to see. Thanks.

500 feet beneath the ocean's surface, the U.S. ballistic missile submarine Colorado receives their orders. Over a radio channel, designed only to be used if their homeland has been wiped out, they're told to fire nuclear weapons at Pakistan. Captain Marcus Chaplin (Andre Braugher) demands confirmation of the orders only to be unceremoniously relieved of duty by the White House. XO Sam Kendal (Scott Speedman) finds himself suddenly in charge of the submarine and facing the same difficult decision. When he also refuses to fire without confirmation of the orders, the Colorado is targeted, fired upon, and hit. The submarine and its crew find themselves crippled on the ocean floor, declared rogue enemies of their own country. Now, with nowhere left to turn, Chaplin and Kendal take the sub on the run and bring the men and women of the Colorado to an exotic island. Here they will find refuge, romance, and a chance at a new life, even as they try to clear their names and get home. From executive producer/writer Shawn Ryan (The Shield, The Unit, The Chicago Code) and Executive producer/writer Karl Gajdusek comes this dramatic new international action-thriller about treachery, treason, and nuclear brinkmanship. LAST RESORT contemplates establishing of a new society in the modern world, and character becomes everything when unthinkable decisions must be made.

izzyscout21
09-25-2012, 01:11 AM
I'm looking forward to this show. It looks very interesting

bacpacker
09-25-2012, 10:21 AM
I saw previews last night. Looks to be very interestting.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
09-26-2012, 02:55 AM
Read the previews after seeing them, sheds a new light on the visual. Now I'll have to keep my "political" comments to myself. Hard to say if I'll watch it. I'm sure it'll be a good show but it depends on what's on at the same time. No offense to the "bubble heads" submariners. Good plot too, but I'm sceptical with the politics of this one. Just the old Rat's opinion.

Be safe..............the night is your friend.

RedJohn
09-29-2012, 11:59 PM
Watched the first episode yesterday. They got my attention. Let's see what the second episode brings.

I watch so many shows already.

4suchatimeasthis
09-30-2012, 01:23 AM
A little piece of me died when "In Plain Sight" ended, and since then I have looked for something to replace it. Other than NCIS I don't watch anything online (no tv)....but I have to say, this is a contender. Looks good!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
09-30-2012, 02:29 AM
Saw the last 30 minutes, forgot it was on. A real attention getter, Problem..........I don't know how it started but it got my attention. So I checked for an encore showing and of course it happened to be during the season premiere of "Fringe" so I was ass out again. Now I'm looking for a third shot at the first show because i am interested to see how the whole thing lit off. It got my attention. Here's the other ironic part, It aired during the premier of Glenn Beck's "the Project" go figure I think that was intentional.....for those of you who don't know what that is it's an eye opening documentary. Just watch it is all I can tell you................