PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Preps?

TroubleShooter
09-24-2012, 01:45 AM
Ok, SHTF is happening...Once your line is crossed , or a disaster is occurring..

What last minute preps will you begin to do or what purchases will you deem necessary ....?

Echo2
09-24-2012, 01:48 AM
fill up all gas cans on way to BOL.

bacpacker
09-24-2012, 02:02 AM
Top off with gas. Maybe hit up coop foe deseil seed and fertilizer.

prepguide
09-24-2012, 02:14 AM
get whatever food, fuel, hygiene supplies as possible that could be obtained safely. If it appears there is a serious risk to us then we're not doing it.

Taz Baby
09-24-2012, 02:19 AM
This is my list of priority. Fuel is #1 on the list( gas, diesel, propane,) Guns, ammo, as much solar as can afford, along with everything required to use it. Bigger water tanks, fuel tanks, house, Garden equipment for the tractor ( plow, disk, root rake,) sawmill, As much lumber and building material as can afford while we can still get it, (Even tho we have a saw mill we ain't young anymore),concrete, insulation, tin, nails and hardware, extra power tools. (Can't have enough power tools. Then start with the meds, and hospital stuff just in case. There's more of course but you get the train of thought.

Sniper-T
09-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Fuel... top off everything. Propane buy as many bottles as possible. Grab as many spare filters for the Catydine (sp?) as possible. Add whatever food items (canned) that will fit in the truck on the way home.

realist
09-25-2012, 12:33 AM
So I am thinking that this is a bad time to start prepping??

This is for staying at home. Call the family and give them a sit rep. OK, gasoline, ice, whiskey, cash and I any meds that I can get my hands on then I should be good to go. I find that when I start to think about things I am always adding more. I was taking inventory of my things this past week and you can always find things to add. The thing I want most is fresh gasoline, as apposed to my daughter who would just like ice cream.

If I were to have to hit the road, again it would be gasoline and ice. Call family members and others to let them know routes and rally points. There is never enough room to bring all your stuff. Almost everything is boxed and read to go with the exception for weapons.

Evolver
09-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Like most have said... Fuel, Fuel and more Fuel. Reg Gas, Propane, Lamp oil and whiskey.

bacpacker
09-25-2012, 11:05 PM
On second thought. While at the co-op, I would clean them out of all canning products, lids, rings, jars, canners, tools. Also, hit the plumbing section pretty hard for fitting and pipe. Oil, fuel treatment, filters, tow straps, chain, and new to our store, Craftsman hand tools. Probably on the way home from there would be a stop at the local hardware store for roughly the same stuff. They have a decent canning and really good seed sections.

Willie51
09-26-2012, 12:24 AM
Top off all fuel tanks on vehicles, fuel cans, boat, purchase all the propane tanks I could get and carry in the truck and trailer. Top off all water tanks including RV. If safe, go to local Walmart or grocery store and buy all canned goods I could carry. Also if safe, go to bank and draw all the cash I could get. All this would supplement the current stock.

4suchatimeasthis
09-26-2012, 04:45 AM
HHmm....I have thought a lot about this one...since we live at our BOL, I think that I would contact family like Realist mentioned.

Then, empty the bank account between the co-op, home depot, and sams club. Once back at home, enjoy a good soak in my garden tub.....cause who knows how long before I would have the time and hot water available with such little effort.

Willie51
09-26-2012, 05:03 PM
HHmm....I have thought a lot about this one...since we live at our BOL, I think that I would contact family like Realist mentioned.

Then, empty the bank account between the co-op, home depot, and sams club. Once back at home, enjoy a good soak in my garden tub.....cause who knows how long before I would have the time and hot water available with such little effort.

Don't forget to eat all the ice cream too, so you can remember what it taste like (saw that in first episode of Revolution). :)

Gunfixr
09-27-2012, 01:18 AM
I don't really have a way to store fuel, so I'd get that. Top off everything.
Right now, I could use some more batteries, but I'm working on it, so that would change.
There's never enough food.
More stove fuel, lantern fuel.
Some building materials, to build a water collector, and batten down the house.
I need a new axe, busted the handle, again. Of course, I've had it for almost 30yrs. Time for one of those new, virtually unbreakable handle ones.
I always want more ammo, but I probably have enough.

In another month, I should have most of this list knocked out. Selling a bunch of unnecessary stuff to finance necessary stuff.