PDA

View Full Version : Central Ohio Meetup 9/29/12

drissel
09-25-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm posting this for another...I plan on going.

Columbus OH meetup - Sept 29th - Family Friendly
by wirelessdreamer » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:20 pm

I'm working on putting a meetup together for the 29th at 3 pm. We'll be meeting at Three Creeks Metro park, 4042 Bixby Rd, Groveport OH

Directions:
from 270 on the south side go east bound on 33.
Take first exit on to south hamilton road (317)
Turn right on bixby rd

The entrance to the metro park will be on your right, just before a big factory type building, it has a sign for the park, but you won't see it till your almost on it.
There is a kids play area, pick nick tables, lots of paved 2 way trails that are stroller friendly, a lake that allows fishing (with license), bathrooms, tons of trails with with Paw Paw and walnut trees.

I'll have Foragers Harvest, and Natures Garden by Samuel Thayer with me, as I've been studying them for the past month, and am starting to be able to identify a number of plants from them I've seen at the park. I'm hoping to start building some friendships with others who have similar interests, and bike a lot around this area.

I'll have Dehydrated Apple chips, and some frozen paw paw from this year.

Bring something to sit on in case we can't get the pavilion, and munchies in case you get hungry.

I've seen at least 5 others from the general area on the forums, and sent messages back and forth with a few. Feel free to drop me a line if you can make it or have questions. I've got a couple projects in the works, don't know if i'll have any of them done by then.

Bring some chairs, blankets, and drinks with.Prior Service (electronics repair)
HAM (have equipment, studying for test)
Foraging, Primitive skills