PDA

View Full Version : Mermaids :The Body Found

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-01-2012, 02:32 AM
Just finished watching the most interesting program on the discovery channel. You can beat us Navy guys up later. But this will really put you on the edge of your seat. By the way the last creature left on my Wanna dive with list is whales.ok now mermaids and whales So NO I'm not into hurting them because I can't eat one in one sitting. .........OK so how does this go again......I can neither confirm nor deny the pressense of__________:rolleyes:

izzyscout21
10-01-2012, 02:33 AM
LOL. I've seen it before and my wife is watching it now.

blackhole
10-01-2012, 02:44 AM
You know its fiction right? Read the small captions at the very end.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-01-2012, 03:00 AM
You know its fiction right? Read the small captions at the very end.
Guess you're with MIB right?

- - - Updated - - -

Guess you're with MIB right?

It's OK sonny, we sailors have many secrets.

IDTANDY
10-01-2012, 03:45 AM
Same with th A.F.Grew up ,or should I say,spent the most time there.My father was a technical photographer and writer,Enlisted.(WADC)Wrirght Patterson AFB,Dayton,OH.Late 1947's-1958.Seen pictures of things :D

Kodiak
10-01-2012, 03:51 AM
Wait...you mean this show was a fake?! Next you'll be telling us that there is no bigfoot!

Sniper-T
10-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Wait...you mean this show was a fake?! Next you'll be telling us that there is no bigfoot!

After a couple months without shaving, I have been accused of being a direct decendant, and been mistaken for Uncle BF himself!

Er... Um... I mean, Ah! Nevermind!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-01-2012, 03:31 PM
It's ok........I've been there myself.........accused and all...........nuff said...........move over I'll sit on the bench next to ya if you don't mind company....

Sniper-T
10-01-2012, 03:38 PM
lol. c'mon over!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Yup I do have what you might call a lumpy neanderthal forehead. But then it coulda been from all the all the hard knocks I took in life too. I consider myself more uh........Troglodyte......... cave dweller type.... ya know. Thanks for the seat Sniper.

Willie51
10-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Sorry to say, but it is fake and states it in the credits. I wish it were true. My son is in the film business and they call these type films pseudo-documentaries. It's like the horror films where they say "based on a true story". Well it is based on a story spoke out of someone's mouth and then they can claim that it's a "true story" and they didn't just make it up. We watched it twice back in the spring and I have to say it was very good and entertaining. Especially for folks who love the creatures of the sea like some of us divers do.

Next the Discovery Channel will be playing Zombie Apocalypse. Y'all know how many people actually bought this book in a book store and thought these were documented cases and was true. I ran into a family (adults too) in a gun store in south Florida who was trying to convince the checkout clerk it was true because they actually called the CDC and that's why they were buying the Hornady Zombie ammo. :p

Sniper-T
10-01-2012, 04:15 PM
But... but... the tv told me so! It must be true!

:rolleyes:

Willie51
10-01-2012, 04:23 PM
But... but... the tv told me so! It must be true!

:rolleyes:

It's just like our mainstream media, I mean lamestream media. They are a threat to our democracy.....but that's another story. :rolleyes:

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Willie, I love you man! Florida, diver, Zombies, mermaids, do any cave diving yet? By the way Zombies are real and so are Mermaids, I was in the Navy for 22yrs and I dove with Zombie mermaids that breathe liquid oxygen. We got the formula from the aliens that we keep in contact with that live in the Bahama's trench. I know because I am one of them, I changed back because I have the antibodies in my system. You just have to have an open mind.

Willie51
10-01-2012, 05:08 PM
BWRR, heck yeah there are zombies. I see them in Walmart at night all the time. And the dear wife and I were playing with a mermaid on Friday while out Redfishing in the bay, his name was flipper.:)

And yes, we are cave certified and were diving nuts for years. Our favorite here in Florida was Peacock Springs.....did the mile run and all. Dropped in one hole and out the other a mile away. :)

izzyscout21
10-01-2012, 05:19 PM
You know, as I am one of the most interesting men in the word (because I drink Dos Equis), I see these critters all the time. They travel the word to eat form my outstretched hand.

Willie51
10-02-2012, 03:59 AM
Same with th A.F.Grew up ,or should I say,spent the most time there.My father was a technical photographer and writer,Enlisted.(WADC)Wrirght Patterson AFB,Dayton,OH.Late 1947's-1958.Seen pictures of things :D

Did he ever share anything about Roswell with you? My father (Air Force/ Army 32 years) believed that the crash was real and was not a weather balloon.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-02-2012, 04:10 AM
BWRR, heck yeah there are zombies. I see them in Walmart at night all the time. And the dear wife and I were playing with a mermaid on Friday while out Redfishing in the bay, his name was flipper.:)

And yes, we are cave certified and were diving nuts for years. Our favorite here in Florida was Peacock Springs.....did the mile run and all. Dropped in one hole and out the other a mile away. :)

Cool, I got my basic scuba through Hal Watts in 1976 and never came back to dry land. I retired out of Panama city in 07. Morrison springs up there there isn't too bad, devils sink is nice devil's, eye, orange sink, I dove so many since I was a wee lad plus where the Navy took me. But i haven't blown any bubbles since i retired. I miss it......I moved to FL back in 66. I was 4 then. Mickey Rat moved in and ruined the whole state. Pretty much sums up the whole story. Also ruined allot of our dive spots, coral reefs, you name it!

Willie51
10-02-2012, 05:13 AM
Cool, I got my basic scuba through Hal Watts in 1976 and never came back to dry land. I retired out of Panama city in 07. Morrison springs up there there isn't too bad, devils sink is nice devil's, eye, orange sink, I dove so many since I was a wee lad plus where the Navy took me. But i haven't blown any bubbles since i retired. I miss it......I moved to FL back in 66. I was 4 then. Mickey Rat moved in and ruined the whole state. Pretty much sums up the whole story. Also ruined allot of our dive spots, coral reefs, you name it!

Wow, Hal Watts was a legend- “Mr. Scuba“. :) I think he owned a spring near Ocala named Blue Grotto or something….can’t remember exactly. You go way back man! So, you retired from the Navy out of PC? I was living there in ’07. I was born on Tyndall AFB (the hospital was on base in the 50s) but grew up in the Atlanta area.

My diving began in some lakes of Georgia back in the 70s, but I was not certified then. My friend and his dad were and we used their equipment. Anyway, like I said, the wife and I used to dive alot in many places around the States, Carribean and Hawaii. I used to Divemaster some of the trips before we slowed down as life got in the way. Over the years, we both certified with PADI, NAUI, IANTD (for Nitrox and deep diver cert), and NACD and the NSS-CDS for cave diving in the mide 90s. As a matter of fact, I just sold most of our cave equipment 2 years ago because we decided to give that up. We have dived many times in Morrison and Vortex just north of Panama City. The best ones to me though are in Central Florida west of Lake City as you mentioned….Devil’s Ear & Devil’s Eye, Peacock, Orange Grove, Cow Springs, Blue Springs. Lots of great memories both in the oceans and underground and lots to talk about sometime. :)

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-02-2012, 05:42 AM
All I got to say Is "Bitchin Man" that's great WILLIE! Now I'm more a spelunker, we find more caves here around TN. I have a small one here on the new property I've yet to crack open. It has a butt ton of spring water flowing out of it right now I plan on opening it up to get a looksee inside to see what we can see. The wife and I were in a cave that we were # 7 & 8 to have ever been in ever! IN the whole wide world. No foot prints! It was massive! Like Mamouth cave in kentucky massive! we were lookin at the property next door so our realtor and I packed for cavin for this cave, it was an added benefit, He sold that property. Long story great pictures! If there's a hole, I'm in it! I'm still an adrenaline junkie but it's catchin up with me. I'll but we could tell a few stories, eh?
!

Willie51
10-02-2012, 05:30 PM
All I got to say Is "Bitchin Man" that's great WILLIE! Now I'm more a spelunker, we find more caves here around TN. I have a small one here on the new property I've yet to crack open. It has a butt ton of spring water flowing out of it right now I plan on opening it up to get a looksee inside to see what we can see. The wife and I were in a cave that we were # 7 & 8 to have ever been in ever! IN the whole wide world. No foot prints! It was massive! Like Mamouth cave in kentucky massive! we were lookin at the property next door so our realtor and I packed for cavin for this cave, it was an added benefit, He sold that property. Long story great pictures! If there's a hole, I'm in it! I'm still an adrenaline junkie but it's catchin up with me. I'll but we could tell a few stories, eh?
!

Yeah man, that is awesome. I'm not as adventurous as I used to be either. My mine likes it, but my body doesn't....it's hell gettin old. :-) The caves up where you are sound great and would be a fun find. I think you and I can say we've been places where most humans have not. When the wife and I did the "mile run" at Peacock Springs near Lake City (this was the final test for our full cave certification), our cave diving instructor told her that she can honestly say that she was in a very rare minority for women who have done that dive. My total dive time counting deco was 2 hours and 47 minutes. We set up stage bottles at the end. She was diving a heavier mix of Nitrox, so her dive time was a little less than mine. We slept great that night. :)

Sounds like y'all have some beautiful property up there. What a great find on the property next door, sounds very cool! Would love to see some pics someday of the cave y'all found. We had a home in the north Georgia mountains (which was also our BOL), but sold it a couple of years back. Our BOL is now in NW Florida which will soon be our BIL when we get the house built (working on the plans this week).

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-03-2012, 03:17 AM
HOUSE PLANS! yee-ha..........that's a thorn in my butt right now, Still can't decide. We know where, not what. It's going to be off the grid, Solar and hydro, we have the water supply, no problem. Have to build a bridge too over the creek. Then things will start crankin. Need to, need to, need to! I need to go run the dozier over something!

Taz Baby
10-03-2012, 03:29 AM
I need to go run the dozier over something!

Just make sure it is on your own land and watch out for the misses berry bushes :D

blowing off steam using a bulldozer is FUN FUN and more FUN.

Willie51
10-03-2012, 03:37 AM
HOUSE PLANS! yee-ha..........that's a thorn in my butt right now, Still can't decide. We know where, not what. It's going to be off the grid, Solar and hydro, we have the water supply, no problem. Have to build a bridge too over the creek. Then things will start crankin. Need to, need to, need to! I need to go run the dozier over something!

:cool: A Man and his toys....a bulldozier...i love it! I've been looking at a new Kabota the past month. I sold my a couple of years back to a friend of mine in Canada. Dang, I should of kept it. :( Anyway, we are planning the same thing. We have been working on plans for several months now. We played with our plan last night til 1:00 in the morning and my brain hurts from looking and changing. We will be on a lake, but waking distance to bay for Gulf access. Our land is perfect for a windmill as we get a breeze most of the time off the water. So, lots of work to do and I'm ready to get started this winter. We are downsizing big time this time though. We want the house to stay around 1800 SF (just the two of us), but I will have an awesome workshop and shelter for the toys...I mean tools.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-03-2012, 03:38 AM
Just make sure it is on your own land and watch out for the misses berry bushes :D

blowing off steam using a bulldozer is FUN FUN and more FUN.

Yes dear, how are you two doin?

IDTANDY
10-03-2012, 04:01 AM
Did he ever share anything about Roswell with you? My father (Air Force/ Army 32 years) believed that the crash was real and was not a weather balloon.
Many things,there where many UFO sightings around AF bases....................

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-03-2012, 04:34 AM
Personally, I think one has to have an open mind on the subject of UFOs, Big Foot, "mermaids", Skunk Apes, etc. I can't begin to tell you the things that I and the crew of the ship that I was on back in the late 80s saw down in the Caribean saw for a couple of nights near the the island of Puerto Rico. It was logged in the ships deck log, and never redacted. I'm sure these incidents still occur today. I've traveled through the Bermuda Triangle numerous times without incident.......and with instruments malfunctioning, I.E. gyros spinning, compasses spinning, Gps's white out. Then all's normal, but you log it. You carry on smartly, it's like a sailor's norm. Sure it's "folklore" to us (sailors) but to others it's freakish. I found it fascinating, cool, do it again! Others it scared the shit out of. But look up in the sky in the night in the middle of the ocean and what do you see? EVERYTHING! There's just too much out there yet to be explored and if people actually think we are the only ones around in this galaxy/universe whatever then I think they're stupid...........but hey, that's just me. I'm just fuckin goofy man! A Zombie Merman from hell!

helomech
10-03-2012, 12:40 PM
:cool: A Man and his toys....a bulldozier...i love it! I've been looking at a new Kabota the past month. .

I love my kubota. I have the 4X4 hydrostatic 50 hp MX-5100. That thing is so much nicer than my Masey that I had.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-03-2012, 01:12 PM
I love my kubota. I have the 4X4 hydrostatic 50 hp MX-5100. That thing is so much nicer than my Masey that I had.

I've had a 3130 4x4 for about 9 yrs now it just cracked 700hrs has the front end loader and all the implements of destruction. My only drawback is that I have literaly had the front wheel fall off once. Wasn't a pretty sight. having my neighbor pull me out of the holler with his JD. but it's the design that's flawed to me. The other side started to make noises so I lifted the front end with the loader (which is nice that you can do that with no jack) and popped the hub off, took it down and had them. Order a new housing/hub they press fitted everything back together and I slapped it back together. But the first time it was destroyed. That all happened around 500 hrs. They have a stubby axle design, not a full length axle. But other than that I love the damn thing use the piss out of it, it's a life saver and a life taker. Quite destructive i might add. Use it for bush hoggin mostly but built my gun range, roads, rerouted the creek and what nots. I highly recommend one like it or bigger

Willie51
10-03-2012, 02:39 PM
The 3130 4x4 hydrastat is the model I had and sold to my Canadian friend. I had front end loader, Brown bushhog, box blade, and spade and trailer. It was a life saver when it came to clearing some property I had and keeping my long driveway graded, maintenance, etc. I loved it.

helomech
10-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Here is mine when they delivered it. I have a box blade, 6 foot cutter, tiller, middle buster, and a road grader for it. Also have the quick change bucket, so I can use the pallet forks or the bucket.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/helomech1973/home/IMG_0720.jpg

And here is the massey that it replaced. It was also a 50 hp, but it was 2wd and a manual gearbox.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/helomech1973/home/IMG_1721.jpg

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Damn dude, no fair, your's is bigger'n mine!

izzyscout21
10-03-2012, 07:11 PM

OK.OK.........let's not turn this into one of those bathroom swordfight kinda things.............

helomech
10-03-2012, 07:41 PM

It is a 2011 and already has 185 hours on it.

izzyscout21
10-03-2012, 07:50 PM
It is a 2011 and already has 185 hours on it.

Been running it hard,helo?

helomech
10-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Been running it hard,helo?

Yeah, use it for all my grass cutting, fixing roads, digging my aquaponics system, clearing trees, and so on. Even my other tractor (which I hated) I averaged about 100 hours a year.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-04-2012, 02:36 AM
No it ain't like that. I love my tractor just the way it is. It has done every thing I wanted it to do. It'll bury the dead as well. .........and your donkey.