PDA

View Full Version : Iranian currency collapse

msomnipotent
10-03-2012, 08:28 PM
I just heard on CNBC that Iran's currency has collapsed and "things are not looking good". (Ya think?) Hillary Clinton is blaming Iran, Iran is blaming their President and the nuclear sanctions. Of course, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is blaming the west. CNBC believes they are headed for a regime change very shortly. From what was said, their rial (dollar) has dropped to less than 1/3 of its value in less than one week.

I am doing what I can to prepare for a financial crisis in the US, but all this in less than a week? Even with my preps, I'm not sure how I would be able to prepare for what the Iranians are going through in less than 1 week. As it is, I'm praying that we are able to kick the can for another 6 months to a year for me to get things in order. I'm still trying to sell my things on CL without much luck. I'm tempted to just pack up my stuff and sell it to a reseller for a lot less than what I would sell for, but at least I would get something that I can turn into food or preps.

prepguide
10-06-2012, 11:53 AM
This makes me wonder how dangerous it could make Iran. I mean if there is a country wide financial collapse it could force the government to do something dramatic in an effort to remain in power. Looks the fire just got turned up yet another notch...

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-06-2012, 12:46 PM
This makes me wonder how dangerous it could make Iran. I mean if there is a country wide financial collapse it could force the government to do something dramatic in an effort to remain in power. Looks the fire just got turned up yet another notch... Prepguide:KNowing the area and the people like I do I couldn't agree with you more. This might be the break that is looking for. This would be the opportunity to strike Isreal and then poking the Eagle in the eye. In truth it wouldn't relly effect our gas prices but "speculators" would make it so. Ahmadinejad would make his run at blockading/closing/mining the straights of Hormuz and the Navy would have that cleared in a matter of days. It would just slow traffic not stop it. Civil war would break out in Iran and well, that's their problem not ours, but that's just my opinion.

Now, what would "I" do, the prepper/retarded military/Navy Pirate? Well........carry on smartly, continue my preps, keep thy wife calm, adjust finances, trickle down bank accounts, been doin that anyway. I'm not making any interest so why keep it there? Diligently continue efforts to look for that 5th wheel trailer to put on the property and put my house on the market as planned. BASICLY MAINTAIN COURSE AND slightly adjust SPEED! Just my input...........carry on.............morinin all time for my cup of coffee, thanks for the morning news!

Willie51
10-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Prepguide:KNowing the area and the people like I do I couldn't agree with you more. This might be the break that is looking for. This would be the opportunity to strike Isreal and then poking the Eagle in the eye. In truth it wouldn't relly effect our gas prices but "speculators" would make it so. Ahmadinejad would make his run at blockading/closing/mining the straights of Hormuz and the Navy would have that cleared in a matter of days. It would just slow traffic not stop it. Civil war would break out in Iran and well, that's their problem not ours, but that's just my opinion.

Now, what would "I" do, the prepper/retarded military/Navy Pirate? Well........carry on smartly, continue my preps, keep thy wife calm, adjust finances, trickle down bank accounts, been doin that anyway. I'm not making any interest so why keep it there? Diligently continue efforts to look for that 5th wheel trailer to put on the property and put my house on the market as planned. BASICLY MAINTAIN COURSE AND slightly adjust SPEED! Just my input...........carry on.............morinin all time for my cup of coffee, thanks for the morning news!

Good info Brother BWRR. Seems we have another thing in common. I knew you guys were looking at house plans for building on your new property and as you know, so are we. Hope to have a final decision next week when our architect gets back in town. Building costs are higher in Florida, especially near the water and the plan has to be Engineer approved for 130mph wind load, so it complicates things. We have 4 acres on lake in northwest Florida which we're planning on building on which is our BOL. We will be parking our moho (short for motorhome) on it while building. We're making another trip to south Florida next weekend to get some more important essentials so they are with us. Then we'll put the house in s. Florida on the market.

prepguide
10-06-2012, 11:04 PM
BWRR very well said. The best course of action is stay the course, I agree that the speed of some things might need adjusted but if we react to every single 'twitch' out there we'll die of exhaustion long before something of real consequence comes along. I am doing much the same, continuing to prep, train and network. I am keeping a weather eye on events but in the meantime equipment stills needs refurbished, crops planted and life lived. Bravo on your post sir!