PDA

View Full Version : FLASH Gasoline prices on the rise on the Left Coast

realist
10-06-2012, 04:49 PM
News flash gasoline prices have gone up on the Left Coast. How much, about 50 cents over the past few days there are now some places that are selling it at over $5.00 per gallon. I would not be surprised to see some fights in some of the big lines. In Southern Cal Costco has sold out and does not know when they will be getting in more. I went out and topped off the vehicles at Costco up here and paid 50 cents less than any other gas station. I would imagine that it has gone up today.

So why are the costs going up so much. Well a lot of it is the regulations that they have adopted that are so restrictive that we cannot import gasoline from other states due to the formulation. With all our refineries on line they can keep everyone going. The problem is that there are two that are out of commission and another one that had a temporary power outage. This all puts a huge strain on the system. So they raise prices as the quantity is restricted. It really is a good lesson to all to make sure that you keep vehicles topped off and supplies rotated.

Echo2
10-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Kalifornastan has surpassed Hawaii in gas price.

ladyhk13
10-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Saw that today....the price went up .12 overnight. Ours is $3.49 or so. Really glad we we don't live out there. Sympathy to you guys.

prepguide
10-06-2012, 11:05 PM
if you didn't know you can use www.gasbuddy.com to monitor gas prices by county all over the continental US. Its free and updated quite regularly. Just click on the top for gas price map

Evolver
10-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Added to my bookmarks. Thanks PG

rentprop1
10-07-2012, 03:09 AM
dayum still about $ 3.50 here

Willie51
10-07-2012, 04:19 AM
Topped off truck and 60 gals. in some cans today at Sam's for $3.48 here.

prepguide
10-07-2012, 04:31 AM
Prepper buddy of mine in SoCal told me today that gas in his area jumped .45 in the last 24 hours. That has got to hurt! Seems like we are dying the death of a thousand cuts

4suchatimeasthis
10-07-2012, 04:38 AM
Ya know how the Amish are always asking us "English" for rides here and there in town, because they don't drive? Well, at these gas prices, I wonder if anyone asks them for a ride in the buggy.

I feel for you guys out there in CA....hope the prices drop down soon!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-07-2012, 02:35 PM
The way I see it, you can thank this debate (coincidence maybe) Pelosi "SKelitor" as I like to call her has such control over that place. There's no real reason at all for this to happen. I don't care what the excuse is. You're looking at the beginning of a soon to be panic. Little Harry (her Butt Shark) next door "Nevada" will be next to follow (need to call Mom and little brother) seriously stand back and look at it. The excuse originally posted for the refinery shut down was a power outage, also something about a pipeline incident????(simultaneous coincidence?) Also local refineries were dropping production levels, exporting supply to Mexico and other countries, and allowing inventory to dwindle in anticipation of switching over to production of winter blend gasoline. This is an intentional choke hold to "hard working American" it's all pre-planned. At least that seems to appear that way to me....................but what do I know, they are sending our gas to MEXICO! across the damn border! :mad:
I'm going to go make some more bullets and get another cup of coffee.......oh Mornin Ya'lll!

Willie51
10-07-2012, 03:03 PM
The way I see it, you can thank this debate (coincidence maybe) Pelosi "SKelitor" as I like to call her has such control over that place. There's no real reason at all for this to happen. I don't care what the excuse is. You're looking at the beginning of a soon to be panic. Little Harry (her Butt Shark) next door "Nevada" will be next to follow (need to call Mom and little brother) seriously stand back and look at it. The excuse originally posted for the refinery shut down was a power outage, also something about a pipeline incident????(simultaneous coincidence?) Also local refineries were dropping production levels, exporting supply to Mexico and other countries, and allowing inventory to dwindle in anticipation of switching over to production of winter blend gasoline. This is an intentional choke hold to "hard working American" it's all pre-planned. At least that seems to appear that way to me....................but what do I know, they are sending our gas to MEXICO! across the damn border! :mad:
I'm going to go make some more bullets and get another cup of coffee.......oh Mornin Ya'lll!

BWRR, you're right, it makes NO SENSE!

We also need to watch the election results today in Venezuela. If Chavez is re-elected (I thought he was about dead by the way), he has promised to double down on production and exports to China, Russia, and Asia and cut exports to U.S. Remember, they have bigger reserves than Saudi Arabia. We know the answer to this- use our own resources and become energy independent.

Also, if Chavez wins, they are expecting riots, etc. So, it's worth keeping an eye on it today.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, got a call in to Songbird's brother and sister in California to see how they're doing. One in San Diego and one in Oakland area.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-07-2012, 04:07 PM
BWRR, you're right, it makes NO SENSE!

We also need to watch the election results today in Venezuela. If Chavez is re-elected (I thought he was about dead by the way), he has promised to double down on production and exports to China, Russia, and Asia and cut exports to U.S. Remember, they have bigger reserves than Saudi Arabia. We know the answer to this- use our own resources and become energy independent.

Also, if Chavez wins, they are expecting riots, etc. So, it's worth keeping an eye on it today.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, got a call in to Songbird's brother and sister in California to see how they're doing. One in San Diego and one in Oakland area.

Roger That! Need to make a patch to Mighty Mouse and get a SITREP. ON the "Hugo" situation. Romny made a comment @ the debate about increasing trades with south and central Americas. Makes me curious. Would be nice to take control of the Panama Canal, that would increase our leverage. a good CINC would do that " If I was President.............blah, blah, blah" but I won't. Nope just need to keep an eye on that one, Besides, what about all that great Russian oil? I mean really He's a dummy (Hugo) the only thing he wants is the trade money and the only thing Russia and China wants is the key to our back door. Plain and simple. OK Back to prep'n I need to go do what I said I was going to do , get another cup of coffe and finish loading the rest of this 9mm. There won't be an empty pistol cartridge in the house in a few hours. Momma will be happy that my room is clean too!

realist
10-08-2012, 03:41 AM
Got a deal at Costco this afternoon and only had to pay 50 cents more than a couple of days ago, the cost you ask $4.59 per gallon. The next closest gas was $4.67. They say it should be going down sometime next week. You know they say pigs can fly too............