PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead

robsdak
10-13-2012, 10:51 PM
it's that time of year guys and girls. the new season is on Oct. 14 at 8 PM Central. i know, way away from reality, but it's a good show. i didn't watch the 1st season till the second one started. AMC does a marathon before the new season.

Taz Baby
10-13-2012, 11:40 PM
The marathon was today. And I will get to see the one tomorrow then none at all until next year. Uuuggg :mad:

robsdak
10-14-2012, 02:44 AM
the marathon is on all night and tomorrow from the way it looks.

mitunnelrat
10-14-2012, 03:05 AM
Unless you have dish. The bastards. I never did get a chance to watch this before they took AMC off their line-up.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-14-2012, 04:08 AM
We have "DISH" and we have been "ditched" and I'm still left with memories of season #1. ...................crickets....................MIT R you could be in our shoes know how damn good the show is and losing the fuckin channel! Yeh I said that.............

mitunnelrat
10-14-2012, 08:01 AM
That would be my reaction as well. That's way worse than never seeing it at all.

robsdak
10-14-2012, 01:00 PM
yeah, sorry guys. DISH BLOWS....... didn't mean to pour salt on the wounds... : ) LOL

apssbc
10-14-2012, 09:37 PM
That really sucks, that is one of my favorite shows, and I havent followed a show in years. This is a great show sorry some of you dont have it. However 9pm tonight itll be on tv at my house ;)

robsdak
10-15-2012, 02:28 AM
got caught up on the last few shows and then watched the new one. kinda odd where they picked the story up. but then again, i haven't read the novel/book and have no intention too. kinda hard to read one thing and then watch another. but all in all, it was a pretty good start for the season.

apssbc
10-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Rob I havent read it either. However from what I understand the show is following it, however loosley. The new season is opening with the prison which is a huge plot in the novels.

Willie51
10-15-2012, 01:58 PM
We have "DISH" and we have been "ditched" and I'm still left with memories of season #1. ...................crickets....................MIT R you could be in our shoes know how damn good the show is and losing the fuckin channel! Yeh I said that.............

For that reason, I would ditch dish!! Go to Direct TV. Also, if you sign up with a Netflix account...I think it's $8 or $9 per month, you can see all season one and two. Now I know you can not stay current, but ditch Dish and go to Direct TV. They will probably switch you out for free. Many of my friends have done that.

Dropy
10-15-2012, 05:27 PM
looks like the group got a little smarter over the winter. i see a couple silencers, an AK and an AR with em now. they also work better as a team now. Too bad Herschel got bit last night. i like him.

robsdak
10-15-2012, 06:37 PM
yeah, the prison would be a safe/secure place to be, if done right. well, until them buggers learn to climb fences.

and herschel getting bite, i am really surprised any of them are still alive. LOL seems like 1st and 2nd season, just about every time they went out, someone was lost.

Dropy
10-15-2012, 09:04 PM
yeah, they took there sweet arse time getting there heads right. But such a stressful situation can make most anyone a bit ditzy. Prolly why they lost so many people?

I think that if the kid, Carl, makes it to adulthood he is gonna be one bad mofo!

apssbc
10-15-2012, 09:47 PM
Im pretty sure that the clanking we heard at the beginning of the episode was Carls balls dropping. Hes smoke checking zombies left and right and macking on Herschels daughter. Glad to see because last season I was hoping he was going to be eaten near the end...he was annoying me.

Willie51
10-16-2012, 12:33 AM
^Carl is still annoying, just like his mother. She's getting paid back for being weird and such a bitch to Rick all last season. It is funny that Carl has the hots for Hershel's daughter....that was funny in the cell. He was checking out the top bunk thinking he was sleeping in there with her. LMAO.

Evolver
10-16-2012, 01:05 AM
Justa has been watching the walking dead from the beginning and I refused to watch it thinking it was the typical (B) Zombie movie. Well... I started watching the first episode Saturday during the marathon and needless to say... I'm now infected with the current stage of the virus. (All in two days) :o Very well done!

Willie51
10-16-2012, 01:22 AM
Evolver, our 25 year old son (who works in film) got us into it. I had never heard of the show and when he told us, I felt the same way you did. But he kept saying "Dad, you gotta see this, the production quality is unbelieveable and is filmed in our old Georgia town where we used to live." Well, he had a Netflix acct. and gave me his password, so me and Songbird watched the first season and needless to say got hooked!!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, say hi to Justa for us. :)

Evolver
10-16-2012, 01:56 AM
Evolver, our 25 year old son (who works in film) got us into it. I had never heard of the show and when he told us, I felt the same way you did. But he kept saying "Dad, you gotta see this, the production quality is unbelieveable and is filmed in our old Georgia town where we used to live." Well, he had a Netflix acct. and gave me his password, so me and Songbird watched the first season and needless to say got hooked!!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, say hi to Justa for us. :)
Yeah I didn't get as much done as I wanted to last weekend but I must say... I was entertained.
Justa says Hi back. She's was just watching the 2007 Steven King movie "The Mist" and pointed out to me that three of the actors in it are in The Walking Dead, Dale, Andrea and Carol.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-19-2012, 05:57 PM
For that reason, I would ditch dish!! Go to Direct TV. Also, if you sign up with a Netflix account...I think it's $8 or $9 per month, you can see all season one and two. Now I know you can not stay current, but ditch Dish and go to Direct TV. They will probably switch you out for free. Many of my friends have done that.

We used to have Direct TV but when the cat farted we lost signal. So we switched to Dish, signals great, the cat can fart and everyone's..........well the signal's great! Went to Wal-Mart the other night and picked up the 1st 2 seasons. Now you guys are telling me what's happening in season 3, shame on you, but go ahead and have your fun. I'll stay off the thread. But we missed the 2nd season and we're going to have our own marathon.

Willie51
10-19-2012, 09:21 PM
We used to have Direct TV but when the cat farted we lost signal. So we switched to Dish, signals great, the cat can fart and everyone's..........well the signal's great! Went to Wal-Mart the other night and picked up the 1st 2 seasons. Now you guys are telling me what's happening in season 3, shame on you, but go ahead and have your fun. I'll stay off the thread. But we missed the 2nd season and we're going to have our own marathon.

That used to be correct with Direct TV. Now they have fixed that problem for the most part.

Okay, I'm done with this thread too my brother. My lips are sealed on season 2 and 3 until you are caught up! :p

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-22-2012, 02:39 AM
WELL GUESS WTF CAME ON TONIGHT? Yup AMC is back on so I guess we missed a few episodes and now have to really catch up. Big Tiny just got his head bashed in and everybody's settled into prison life I guess now. Inmates are learning how to kill zombies........so how many have we missed this season please?

apssbc
10-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Just one. This is episode 2 season 3

mitunnelrat
10-22-2012, 08:44 PM
AMC is back! Cool! I'm gonna have to find it now and see when Walking Dead airs!

ladyhk13
10-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Well we were flipping last night and guess what???? DISH has put AMC back in our lineup so we watched our first episode after just buying the first 2 seasons...we watched the first season on AMC but they cut us off of the 2nd so now we are into the 3rd and haven't seen the 2nd yet. Guess we're going to have to do a marathon of the 2nd and catch up and try to fill in the blanks of the few episodes we have missed already of the 3rd...hopefully they don't shut us off of this one.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-23-2012, 03:03 AM
AMC is back! Cool! I'm gonna have to find it now and see when Walking Dead airs!

Sunday Night....I forgot what time but it played every other hour.

robsdak
10-23-2012, 07:25 AM
this episode was kinda strange. Rick is looking to his dark side. Carl needs dad to step up and whip his little arse and teach him a little respect. no reason to treat Laurie that way, adult issues are just that. and are people really that stupid??? prisoners not comprehending "walkers"?

mitunnelrat
10-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Sunday Night....I forgot what time but it played every other hour.

Hopefully that includes midnight (or later) EST... otherwise I'll be at work for it most weeks.

mitunnelrat
10-25-2012, 11:06 PM
I finally got to watch it this morning. I've been searching the guide daily for rerun times.

Carl's a lot younger than I expected from the discussion here.

Evolver
10-27-2012, 12:00 AM
In the last episode I liked how someone wanted to practice on somebody for somebodies well being. (wink) lol

robsdak
10-27-2012, 02:54 AM
In the last episode I liked how someone wanted to practice on somebody for somebodies well being. (wink) lol

LOL

apssbc
10-29-2012, 02:24 AM
So discussion on this weeks episode?

rentprop1
10-29-2012, 02:55 AM
no rear sight on that AR after he took it from the soldier, bad mark for the script supervisor

apssbc
10-29-2012, 03:30 AM
Agreed it was a pretty bad oversight. The dynamics coming into play with the new and returning characters is very interesting. I'm super excited to see where this season is going.

Also Meryl has MTR's wanted stabby arm thingy as discussed in other threads.

rentprop1
10-29-2012, 03:57 AM
so was it really bad for the Governor to take out all those soldiers ?? , I mean I could see where you may not be able to disarm them when they came to Woodbury, but does strength in numbers out weight the fact that a group of well trained men may at some point decide to over throw the Gov and the system already in place ??

apssbc
10-29-2012, 04:03 AM
I'd say its bad. They ambushed a group of military who laid down their arms under a flag of truce and a lie. There was no reason for them to die. He and his merry posse are murders and should die in the worst ways possible.

Why not utilize the men. Befriend them and it can be advantageous to both groups. No reason to not try for an alliance or to take them in.

He has the pilots head in a fish tank...he needs a machete to the face.

rentprop1
10-29-2012, 04:12 AM
so you don't think those 12 or so well trained, well armed men could ever make one hell of a commotion should they decide to assault or take over Woodbury ??....I don't think they would have given up their weapons if asked, and if the Gov took them to Woodbury they might gather intel should they ever decide to come back later for food, water, women or whatever...........I'm not sure it was a good move to take them all out, but in the end it might prove a safe move

apssbc
10-29-2012, 07:23 AM
No reason to kill them IMHO. Seemed like a decent enough group of guys. No reason not to try and make friends, try and take some time to develop a relationship with some much needed help. Lets face it its the end of the world these soldiers need others too. There will always be some conflict however the troops weren't offering any trouble.

Plus they aren't that well trained since they didn't even have rear sights. Just sayin

robsdak
10-29-2012, 08:40 AM
wow, the discussion started without me. :)

i am thinking the Gov. isn't all there. heads in fish tanks? who does that? Andrea, well she should have died at the Farm. she is going to be nothing but trouble... she has a tendency to "follow" her own agenda and looks like to me she needs to be with a wackjob.....LOL

yeah i saw the missing sights and wondered, why the soldier would have taken it off? and then the shot The Gov. made? come on, not bad enough he slaughtered them,why not let him go? bad thing too shoot a man in the back. i can see where be friending the soldiers would be a good thing, but on the other hand, they are just people too. maybe they took them back and they decided "they" wanted the town and killed the townsfolk?

the Gov. and his little "do boy" are looking for something with the walkers, no clue what it is yet. what's up with Merle? was kind of a bad arse in the past? now he acts like a dog that has been smacked on the nose with a newspaper. :rolleyes:

i thought it was kinda cool that the writers left Rick's group out of this episode. gives them time to bring in more characters.

it's going to be a good season, i hope, the last two have been good.

Willie51
10-29-2012, 10:04 PM
The governor is power hungry and a real whack job. It was stupid and sick to kill the Nat. Guard soldiers, but if you noticed, he only surrounds himself with morons. He has total control over them, and he knows he can't control anyone who is a patriot and thinks for themselves. It will be interesting how Michonne (not sure it's spelled right) handles this when she gets her sword back.

It was so obvious that the rear site was missing and we starting laughing.

Also, what's in the tea?

apssbc
10-30-2012, 12:11 AM
Zombie Juice!

rentprop1
10-30-2012, 02:03 AM
Also, what's in the tea?

they made a comment about the tea on Talking Dead that it was a pun to one of the writers who always drinks tea

Willie51
10-30-2012, 02:10 PM
BTW, as most of you know, this is really filmed in Georgia where I used to live and grew up. What I like is they are using real names of the little Georgia towns and the scenes shot in the towns are the real streets and buildings. It makes the survival scenarios more relatable for us.

robsdak
11-05-2012, 05:20 AM
tough episode tonight, boys..... Andrea is thinking with the wrong organ again. sad about TDog. Lori, i am on the fence about, while sad, she also was a drama queen. and i hope they find Carol hiding somewhere, she shouldn't have to die. that Andrew was a fly in the ointment.....

apssbc
11-05-2012, 12:28 PM
While I dont want to see Andrea and the Governator get together is she really thinking with the wrong organ? She was a civil rights lawyer before the apocalypse so it makes sense she dosent pick up on his creepy commie ways/speeches. Is it her motherly instincts kicking in? Survival of the species is an instinct as old as any animal has walked, slithered, crawled, or flown this earth. However I question her choice in partners.

T-dog is a loss but he has been a solid character throughout. He went out a hero with nothing on his mind but getting Carol out of there, its sad to see him go. Hopefully Carol survives and will be back. She would be a good choice for the babys nanny. The show has taught us that because they disappear, far from means their dead.

Lori is gone finally and I wont miss her shit. However she was a necessary character for the storyline. Im worried the show will downturn if they stick with Rick spending the next episode being a blubbering fool the whole time. Mourning is natural but he cant loose his cool and go all Shane on the group as the previews showed.

Carl is a man now. He put his own mom down, cleared rooms and made decisions to save Maggie, Lori (for a while), the baby, and himself. He has transformed into one of my favorite characters. Minus the double finger trigger pull :(. He is adapting to this new world better than everyone else due to the fact he does not have 30 years of experience in how the world is supposed to be. He is becoming like Daryl. He comes, sees zombies, and breaks their shit.

As for Daryl...he's awesome....that is all.

izzyscout21
11-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Carl is a man now. He put his own mom down, cleared rooms and made decisions to save Maggie, Lori (for a while), the baby, and himself. He has transformed into one of my favorite characters. Minus the double finger trigger pull :(. He is adapting to this new world better than everyone else due to the fact he does not have 30 years of experience in how the world is supposed to be. He is becoming like Daryl. He comes, sees zombies, and breaks their shit.

^^this

He had to make a really shitty decision. Carl is turning out to be a great character

As for Daryl...he's awesome....that is all.

^^+1000

Evolver
11-05-2012, 09:31 PM
The storyline is moving in several different directions now and I hope that they can keep it all together without it being too distracting.

Should be interesting when Daryl and his brother get reunited and it could go any direction.

ladyhk13
11-06-2012, 06:43 AM
I thought it was really crappy that no one thought of Carl when they found out Lori was dead. He stood there in the middle all by himself while his father who wanted nothing to do with her anymore went totally overboard crying like a little girl and didn't even think of his son first and what had happened. How melodramatic and way over the top to the point of being stupid. I had a really hard time with Carl and him stepping up to shoot Lori, he has just grown up so fast and no child should have to make the choice to shoot a parent. That had to just rip his little heart out.

2die4
11-07-2012, 12:29 AM
The General and I are still trying to figure out the heads in the fish tank. Wacky!

apssbc
11-07-2012, 02:05 PM
I seriously think it may have something to do with the tea. History is ful of crazies that eat/drink parts of their enemies because they feel it makes them stronger, ect.

robsdak
11-07-2012, 11:05 PM
naw, they explained the tea in the after show. the tea reference is in homage to one of the writers, as he is always drinking it.

apssbc
11-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Well so much for my theory lol. Then hes just bat shit crazy!

2die4
11-08-2012, 01:11 AM
May be tigerblood....

robsdak
11-08-2012, 03:20 AM
Well so much for my theory lol. Then hes just bat shit crazy!

he's about 4 sammies short of a picnic. LOL

TEOTWAWKI13
11-13-2012, 04:26 PM
So I assume by now you've all seen this weeks episode and the Talking Dead and realize Carol is presumed dead and buried. Daryl laid the Cherokee Rose on her grave. I think his brother and he will reunite, but I don't think it will be a peaceful reunion. I think Daryl is a complete bad ass. Every one makes fun of the redneck until the zombie apocolypse.

As for Rick I think the plan is to push him as far as they can push him to the cliff without him jumping off. The phone ringing in the jail really threw me. I can see a plot twist coming next week.

apssbc
11-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Carol is not dead, Im fairly certain of that. How many times have we seen people disappear and not die in three seasons? Quite a few to say the least.

Daryl is my favorite character by far. They will reunite pretty soon and I think its gonna be ugly too. Meryl is still a crazy dirt bag, Daryl is changed alot and I like it. I see Daryl killing Meryl in defense of rick.

As for Rick he is a little crazy now. However I think he is still within acceptable levels. After all his wife just died, leaving the baby motherless, and he needed to let off some steam by clearing a entire block of zombies. The phone has symbolism in the comics however I dont know how its gonna play out in the show.

The MMA match with zombie cage was weird as could be. Along with brushing the Dead daughters hair. Things are getting interesting tosay the least.

TEOTWAWKI13
11-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Carol is not dead, Im fairly certain of that. How many times have we seen people disappear and not die in three seasons? Quite a few to say the least.

Daryl is my favorite character by far. They will reunite pretty soon and I think its gonna be ugly too. Meryl is still a crazy dirt bag, Daryl is changed alot and I like it. I see Daryl killing Meryl in defense of rick.

As for Rick he is a little crazy now. However I think he is still within acceptable levels. After all his wife just died, leaving the baby motherless, and he needed to let off some steam by clearing a entire block of zombies. The phone has symbolism in the comics however I dont know how its gonna play out in the show.

The MMA match with zombie cage was weird as could be. Along with brushing the Dead daughters hair. Things are getting interesting tosay the least.

My only insight on Carol came from the director talking about it in the aftershow Talking Dead. He said Carol was dead. Now, he could've been totally trying to draw the audience off course I suppose. Only time will tell. Rick has been what I'd expect someone in his position to be. I think he's in a state of shock from Lori dying as well. I think you may be right. He may snap out of it.

The dead daughter thing was just odd. The heads in the jars was odd. The Gov'ner is just a sociopath in general. But this show is a great way to think over a post apocalypse scenario, sort of to see all angles of a collapsed society.

apssbc
11-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Ishould stay up and watch this talking dead huh ;). I remember the one I saw Tdog assured there would be much more of him this season....judging by his transformation into a happy meal Id say theres less of him. I think shes alive and kinda hope she is. After all she would be perfect for the mother role for the newborn.

The governator is just bat shit insane, and there are bound to be plenty of his type post shtf. Its a very good show and I agree it spurs alot of though in the things we prepare for.

TEOTWAWKI13
11-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Well, let me say on this last Talking Dead, they showed the T Dog bust puppet they used in the scene where he took one to the jugular. That apparatus was eery. Looked just like the dude. :)

And yeah, so far, I've noticed a lot. The govt is obviously inept (we all knew that) as it relates to handling a situation (look no further than FEMA after Sandy)....folks will band together to survive. Others will resort to theft and murder to survive. Some will be a leader for their own power and ego. And some will just go off on their own to survive. It's interesting to say the least.

carolinasurvivalist
11-13-2012, 09:25 PM
I thought I saw on the preview for next week where they find a walker with Carol's knife in it... could be mistaken. I hope she is still around, she was turning into a good character.

robsdak
11-13-2012, 10:05 PM
you did, they find a walker "holding her knife, keeping it safe" LOL yeah, i don't think she is dead. would be a waste of story line. seemed like her and Daryl were becoming close. (i am sure after the exchange on the bus, inside the gate of the prison, they have had 'relations'.

looks like next week Michone meets up with the Rick's group. and as said before, The Gov. is 'bat shit crazy'. i guess he is no different than Herschel was, hoping beyond hope that there is a cure. but the difference is Herschel was diluted in his belief, the gov. is just out there. Rick, will be OK, people just deal with grief different than others. i can see going off the deep end for a little bit and wanting to take out some frustrations. he'll come back and be stronger than ever.

what's up with the Gladiator Fight? that was kinda sick, IMO.

izzyscout21
11-14-2012, 01:00 AM
Daryl is still awesome. He's got to be the best one on the show.

Carl is still probably the best bit of character development going.

I see Michonne showing up with Ricks group.

Carol may or may not show back up. That was left too open ended.

I felt it rather odd that the one walker just completely ate Lori. How freaking odd was that?

How romanistic was the zombie gladiator fight? But then again, how ceasaristic is that whole little town? I see a little bit of caligula in the governor.........

ladyhk13
11-14-2012, 01:36 AM
^agreed....but, uh....aren't you a little young to know about Caligula?

izzyscout21
11-14-2012, 12:47 PM
^agreed....but, uh....aren't you a little young to know about Caligula?

I think I missed my time..............I could so see myself as part of the legion.......

or as one of Roger's Ranger's.......

or as one of the 506th on the night of D-Day.............

I could have fit in in several time periods............

mitunnelrat
11-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Are you referencing Caligula the 3rd Emporer of Rome, or "Caligula" the movie, LHK?

I had to look it up to understand the reference, and noticed the references to both

Evolver
11-14-2012, 09:58 PM
As for Rick in the preview of next weeks episode when the phone rings... My bet is because of everything thats happened lately all the stain has caught up to him and he's imagining the phone call. He's in dire need for strength and he's whats somebody outside of he clan to be there for them and I also agree that Carol is still alive.

izzyscout21
11-14-2012, 10:08 PM
Ok .............I had to look it up.

I meant the 3rd emperor of rome...........the crazy one..............you pervs............:o

mitunnelrat
11-15-2012, 12:08 AM
I figured that out from the context of your post. I still have no idea what the plot to the movie is, though I can guess now.

I only asked since I saw it as a search result, and the decription under it said a movie from the 70's, which is an era I've heard people ask before "aren't you a little young to remember that?"

robsdak
11-15-2012, 02:51 AM
you guys crack me up... i

ladyhk13
11-15-2012, 05:46 AM
The movie was based on his life ya know....yeah, he was a perv and you wanted to be a part of that?? lol.
I think Carol is still alive too. She ran and if she was "killed" she would have come back as a zombie and they would have found her or she would have come out to kill them already.
Weird that the zombies are starting to eat whole bodies now...that is just freaky. They seem to be morphing since the start of the series.

TEOTWAWKI13
11-16-2012, 03:52 PM
I've got some spoilers that a friend of mine let me in on. She was a 'walker' in the season finale of episode 2, just after Shane was put down and the zombies overtook the farm. She was one of those 'walkers' that over ran the farm.

I won't give it away, but some of you are onto somethings.

Evolver
11-19-2012, 12:39 AM
Now what about the baby? Last week they went on a formula run but it could run out so... Why not have one of the girls force lactation. Adopting mothers breast feed and it can be easily done by letting the baby do what they do best.

izzyscout21
11-19-2012, 02:08 AM
IIRC they only picked up like 2 cans last week. that's only good for a few days.

apssbc
11-19-2012, 02:18 AM
This weeks episode was a doosy I think. I think the next two we will have some Rick v Governor conflict. Darryl is gonna kill Meryl I truly believe. I can't wait.

Also I'm reading the comics...different story but I love it.

robsdak
11-19-2012, 06:31 AM
this week was pretty good...

poor Rick is losing his 'mind', he will be ok, though... i think??? could be his mind working through the whole sequence of events. it kinda looked like a dream sequence, Herschel's face was acting funny and the whole, i just took a shower LOOK... LOL

Andrea is just a hoe, really? she just doesn't have good taste in men. she should have been a lesbian, maybe she was no good at that either???

Glenn is too trusting, he should have killed Merle. why didn't Maggie shoot? i can see a fight coming between Daryl and Merle.

i knew Carol was alive, she couldn't die, she has to be the new MOM for Carl. that boy needs a mom around.

Michonne found the prison. brings gifts. but don't get why she let Merle get away? didn't even try to help. i know she didn't know Glen and Maggie, but knowing who Merle was, should have been enough.

apssbc
11-19-2012, 10:15 AM
I think it's Ricks way of coping. At the end "Lori" told him to keep the baby and Carl safe. I think he's gonna use it to spur him along.

Andrea is a hoe I fully expect their relationship to get interesting too. Like what happens when she discovers the girl and pickled heads?

Maggie and Glen should have opened fire right when Meryl made his move. Before that Maggie should have moved to Meryl's right to create an L. Increases their survival chances by making Meryl transition between targets and it allows a better view of him. When he moved smoke check him.

I expected Carol to live, she may become the new mom but I see someone else filling that role.

As for Michonne she was wounded and handicapped. Her best bet was to go get help for Maggie and Glen due to what she overheard and her condition. Also her returning helps the baby. She will be a huge asset to the Rick clan I think.

Daryl and Meryl will fight I guarantee that. I think Daryl is tight with Rick and hearing what he is going to from Michonne about Meryl will solidify his allegiance to the Ricktator.

PS- compared to the comics the governor is a saint in the show.

apssbc
11-19-2012, 10:17 AM
As for Carl I think he's adapting well to the new world. The kid is stone cold and got into this world young enough to not know anything different. This is his normal. The dead walk, people die, and survival is his normal.

ANEURYSM
11-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Without giving anything away to those who havent seen it.

Is the baby formula some sort of zed repelent?

robsdak
11-19-2012, 04:20 PM
no, it's the guts of the 'big sweater zombie' she killed. a couple episodes back the gov. and his sidekick figured out that if you keep zombies around you, the others aren't attracted.

ANEURYSM
11-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Ahh true. Was just checking to see what others thought.

TEOTWAWKI13
11-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Michone actually had the two wa lkers on chains early on and it "camoflaged" her with other walkers. When she gutted the walker it covered her, keeping her 'invisible'. I just watched this week's show last night.

Maggie and Glen should have smoked Meryl. I know Glen "knew" Merly so I guess his guard was down, but come on. Dayrl will likely be the one to put an end to Meryl, I agree.

As for Andrea, wow! So even after the zombies come, there's still the one girl who sleeps with every douche bag around?! First it was Shane in a car, then the Gov'ner. I guess Meryl better hurry up and get some before he dies off.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
11-27-2012, 03:38 AM
NEWS FLASH: I just finished watching "The Mist" Carrol's hair won't grow because she was infected by "The Mist" case closed on that one................as for Andrea, was a slut in the Mist too! She was already to jump in the main character's pants who just lost his wife to alien's.He's got a son who she immediately starts playing mommy to and well if you saw the movie you know the rest of the story............I rest my case. She'll always play the slut.

izzyscout21
11-28-2012, 08:27 PM
I have an alternative idea:

Carl kills Merle..........with his bayonet arm.

There.

I am a genius.

Willie51
11-29-2012, 01:52 AM
The wife and I were talking about who will die next Sunday night. You know the mid-season will end with something drastic and shocking! So what do you all think? Who all will it be?

robsdak
11-29-2012, 02:59 AM
i can see Merle dying, a few of the 'townspeople' and maybe Rick getting hurt. wouldn't mind seeing Andrea going either. she won't though, they need her story line to continue.

Glenn and Maggie will be OK. Andrea sees whats going on and helps save Glenn and Maggie. at least i can hope.

apssbc
11-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Glen and Maggie escapes with the help of the the big black guard from the town. Hes been pictured alot but with no lines. He has a part it's coming I'm sure. The scientist guy will help

Meryl won't die yet. They'll leave off with Meryl and Daryl squaring off.

Rick gets wounded as does the governor.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
11-29-2012, 11:08 PM
I think Carl's in deep shit. Merle's inbound and is going to hit the prison and he's going to really man up. Carl's going to kill Merle, Rick's going to kill the Gov. and be the new Sheriff in town, (doubt it) but there will be a hell of a show down in the Happy town. Rick will probably get the kids out, and make it out and Carl will be left hangin with Mer;e having him in his sights....... and we'll be left hangin until next season................

mitunnelrat
12-03-2012, 12:23 AM
I'm just happy they ran a marathon today, which just happened to be a weekend off for me. I was able to catch up on the episodes I've missed these past few weeks, and I don't have to wait for a rerun to air to see this weeks episode. Awesome.

carolinasurvivalist
12-03-2012, 02:23 AM
Carl is the man. This last episode just proved it for sure. Kid is turning into the smartest most level headed character on the show.

TEOTWAWKI13
12-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Carl's making his own way. The show ended a little less dramatic than I thought. Daryl vs Merle, perhaps, but in a weirder way than I suspected. The Gov'ner is a jackass. Michone made a Samurai popsicle out of his little zombie kid. Andrea is a nimrod, but she's getting it now. As for the next season. Carl telling Rick he maybe doesn't need to lead the group anymore....I think it's because of the little girl, maybe. I don't think Carl's little ego is so bad that he thinks he needs to lead the group.

mitunnelrat
12-03-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm not convinced Andrea is seeing anything differently yet. She walked into a room in the governor's to find a woman she'd trusted for 8 months fighting a man she'd known for days - alongside a dead zombie and amidst a scattering of zombie heads, and sided with the dude.

Then she seemed to have accepted his explanation on why he had those heads and his daughter.

The only thing that might shake the blinders from her now is remembering Meryl asking about Darryl. The spy story may not add up for her, especially of the governor gives her some weak sauce theory. He'll have to seriously ad lib here to hide the mission to kill Mishone from her

TEOTWAWKI13
12-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Perhaps you're right. I'm interested in seeing how they get Daryl and Merle out of this mess. If Daryl dies off, I'm done watching.

apssbc
12-04-2012, 12:45 AM
I agree if Daryl dies we riot! Haha I love this show but I can't wait till February. I like the new characters, Tyreese is a huge character in the comics but the storylines are so different I'm interested to see how it plays out.

spirit
12-06-2012, 09:38 PM
I don't think they will kill off Darryl. But then I didn't think they would kill off Dale, T-dog or Ricks wife (Laura, Laurie, whatever). Darryl is my favorite character so if they kill him off I am done.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
12-07-2012, 06:23 PM
I have a feeling that both brothers will survive the fight. Maybe Merle will loose his other hand...............HA! The Irony! Ooops, sorry Bro..........Andrea's still a dumb Ho, she can't see past her womb. She's a total idiot she'll hang with the Gov. If she can/could sympathize with this necro, zombie lover.....I mean what possible explanation could there "really be" for 8 heads in a fish tank and having your zombie hooded, straight jacketed, "chain-in-a-box", daughter all locked in a secret room? UH, well I was trying to find a cure for her by preserving the heads using electromagnetic swamp farts harnessed from the outer moons of Uranus. PLease, you gotta believe me!

And then Carl comes to town and kills the Govenor and the season ends with Rick being the Sheriff, and life was good, and they opened a micro brewery called "Zombie Piss" and the Beer was good.

"No Zombies were harmed during the brewing of this beer"

YOU CAN ENJOY YOUR LIFE NOW...........DRINK SOME ZOMBIE PISS

mitunnelrat
12-07-2012, 07:10 PM
and they opened a micro brewery called "Zombie Piss" and the Beer was good.

"No Zombies were harmed during the brewing of this beer"

YOU CAN ENJOY YOUR LIFE NOW...........DRINK SOME ZOMBIE PISS

Because real men drink beer. Not tea. ;)

Evolver
12-07-2012, 11:51 PM
What a cliffhanger that last mid season episode was. This can go on in ANY direction and I agree Darryl needs to stay!!!