PDA

View Full Version : New Scenario: US Govt. enacts Ban on civilian ownership of all assault weapons....

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-17-2012, 04:43 AM
The Us Govt. enacts ban on civilian ownership of all assault weapons, AK's. SKS's, AR's, M1's any and all weapons that may have been used by the military.
Any long rifle that is considered "semi-auto"
No Magazines for pistols over 10rd capacity.
Prohibiting anyone with diagnosis of any type of mental illness's to include Veterans, Emergency Personnel & LEO's with PTSD. the right to own any gun.
Ammunition will be purchased only by "ration cards" and limited to specific types only.
This goes into effect 04JAN13

What is your course of action?

Taz Baby
10-17-2012, 04:52 AM
:p You watched the debate. I did too. Now this is a good one and I don't normally get in these. But I will say that anyone who knows me knows what I think on this and anyone who don't know me really might not want to find out. I don't like someone telling me what I can or can not have when I have to protect what is mine. Now that's all folks

ak474u
10-17-2012, 05:01 AM
For OPSEC reasons, and because it wouldn't be hard among my sphere of influence to unravel my plan, (if anyone knew it that is, and my wife doesn't either). I'll say I would not comply with such an unconstitutional order, and, they'd find Hoffa before they'd find my guns. I'm not sure what % of guns are semiauto, more than ever currently, I'm sure, but it'd be THE most tyrannical move by govt. to date, and may even be a trigger event. Personally, it's hard to know what exactly to do, I have a wife, and a minor child to think of, just as our forefathers did. I think back to the great men in history who made such decisions, and know that it's in all of us who are patriotic, to do the right thing when called regardless of the result. I don't think such an order is likely, but it's plausible. One iteration of the assault weapons bill defined any rifle larger than .22 as a "Sniper Rifle" so anything could happen i suppose. Sadly, I think such a ban is more likely than actual enforcement of existing laws, you can't ask an immigrant if he's an illegal alien for gods sake, who would've ever imagined that would happen? We live in bizarro world.

Echo2
10-17-2012, 10:30 AM
What guns.....let me tell you about my terrible boating accident.....

Sniper-T
10-17-2012, 10:54 AM
^
yep!

I think there will be a whole lot of boating accidents, break ins, and cash sales on Jan 3, 2013

bacpacker
10-17-2012, 02:07 PM
My boat sank right after i was broke in on. Its a sad story sit down right here mr. Gov and let me tell u about it.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-17-2012, 02:16 PM
OK let me digress, DO NOT! BE OVERZEALOUS WITH YOUR ANSWERS HERE I was a bit heated over someone's remarks on the "Tele" last night. Lest someone is always watching what "we" are up to. Be wise is all I can say about responding to this. Please as the man said "OPSEC"

Me? well, I guess I would have to stock up on what I usually do as a hobby. But I'd have to inventory first. Make sure I get the "right" stuff, not just junk! I also look at it this way, assault weapons ain't all that and a bucket-a-chicken......so to speak. But then again, there are some that have the range and accuracy that I demand. The rest are just 50yd guns. My opinion............but alot of things happen within 50yds...........

Now I guess I'd have to make my "stuff" disappear gradually as I am completeing my objectives.

"They're coming to take me away, ha, ha, They're coming to take me away, ho, ho. Those nice young men in their little white suits are coming to take me awaaaaaaay!"

Hey wait a minute.....BOATING ACCIDENT? WHAT BOATING ACCIDENT? Was Hooper called about this? Where's Sheriff Brody? I was some answers, the beaches remain open!

rice paddy daddy
10-17-2012, 03:02 PM
If Romney was a "real" gun guy he could have countered Obammy's assault weapon comment by following up on The Bamster's Chicago gun crime comment by noting that handguns are illegal in Chicago but that doesn't stop criminals.

And, as far as the original question, my several-times-great grandfather picked up his musket and joined the revolutionaries in 1776. I have some of his genes and blood.
The opening shots at Lexington and Concord were fired over the issue of gun confiscation by the British. This may need to be pointed out to politicians should things get that far.

"The tree of Liberty should be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed - but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny." E. Abbey

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-17-2012, 03:12 PM
I thought he said "just enough" Put the blame back on parents and upbringing, leave the laws in place. That was enough for me..........for now that is, but this is politics. Gun crimes and gang bangers are due to mostly bad parents anyway, shoulda whip the shit outta that kid and brought him up right in the first place!

Grumpy Old Man
10-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Go Galt!

cwconnertx
10-17-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm not saying what I would do, but I think the populace should turn in their guns... ammo first... at full velocity

The Stig
10-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Really not seeing how this is a "training scenario".

The answers will either cause us to look like nutballs, veer into politics or sound like a wacko militia movement (which is strictly verboten here).

Sorry but this is not fostering any prep related discussions and so far has been thinly concealed political discussion.

Thanks for taking the time to create the thread but this one ain't cutting the mustard.