PDA

View Full Version : CBRNE Event in Ware, Mass.

Twitchy
10-21-2012, 10:05 PM
WARE, MASS (WGGB) – The threat of a possible nerve gas attack has prompted a hazmat scare in Ware.

According to police, they received a call just before 7 a.m. Sunday from someone reporting some suspicious activity on West Street near the Middle and High Schools.

Throughout the day the town has been calling residents alerting them of the situation and urging them to stay indoors.

Police and Firefighters from several towns have been called in to deal with the situation that Ware police are calling “Suspicious Activity.”

They include crews from Ware, Warren & Hardwick. The National Guard was not called in, but members were close by so they responded as well.

A large portion or West Street remains closed down at this time, while crews search the immediate area.

http://www.wggb.com/2012/10/21/police-fire-respond-to-hazmat-situation-in-ware/

Any ants in the area? Stay safe if you are!

Twitchy
10-21-2012, 10:49 PM
Updated, search has been called off...

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-22-2012, 12:01 AM
Let me be the first to say. "Way to go Brother!" Way to stay on top and informing the colony!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Now that I am the first to post that, I can get on with my assessment. They seemed pretty complacent judgeing by the report. They didn't do shit! Obvious they thought the threat wasn't real. Suppose it happened then everyone would have been FUBAR! But it looks like Ware is just like the rest of the country seems to be going SNAFU (Situation Normal All Fucked Up) just doesn't seem right. I mean really. Twitchy.......you're in the FD as we can all see by your avitar I'm ass-u-meing. What would you have done if you were the Chief? This stuff does not need to be treated as a joke. Either that they just covered it all up and sweep'd it under the rug as fast as possible. Just all seems to neet to me that's all, way to quick to mop up and carry on, ya know? CBR is nothing to screw around with...................

Twitchy
10-22-2012, 12:37 AM
Now that I am the first to post that, I can get on with my assessment. They seemed pretty complacent judgeing by the report. They didn't do shit! Obvious they thought the threat wasn't real. Suppose it happened then everyone would have been FUBAR! But it looks like Ware is just like the rest of the country seems to be going SNAFU (Situation Normal All Fucked Up) just doesn't seem right. I mean really. Twitchy.......you're in the FD as we can all see by your avitar I'm ass-u-meing. What would you have done if you were the Chief? This stuff does not need to be treated as a joke. Either that they just covered it all up and sweep'd it under the rug as fast as possible. Just all seems to neet to me that's all, way to quick to mop up and carry on, ya know? CBR is nothing to screw around with...................

not yet. I am an EMT to be and just finished my first quarter of school for it...

Too many variables they are holding back to really make an educated decision on what to do... If i took it as a serious threat It would be a minimum to do an evacuation of the possibly affected area, pre-establish contaminated zones if the device was deployed, other than that, Searching possible areas where a device could cause the most damage... Of course, contacting local depts. to be on the look out as well would be on my list of things to do... Now, if i knew all the details like the Ware FD Chief did, I could really go to town on what I would have done... but i am a meager EMT student whom is just thinking in a commonsense fashion. lol...

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-23-2012, 04:04 AM
common sense isn't common anymore...keep it! You're going to need it in your field, gut instinct, brains and courage just to name a few. Then you'll be taking your national registry, and then Paramedic and then..........??????? I'm proud to know ya, stick with my man, America needs more of you.

Twitchy
10-23-2012, 07:15 PM
common sense isn't common anymore...keep it! You're going to need it in your field, gut instinct, brains and courage just to name a few. Then you'll be taking your national registry, and then Paramedic and then..........??????? I'm proud to know ya, stick with my man, America needs more of you.

Thanks! I'm taking the National Registry in July, then I will be sitting for the state fire exam in December of next year probably... Hopefully, looking to find a job after that!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-24-2012, 03:53 AM
Good Luck and God Speed Little Brother! You can do this, study your ass off and if you have a wife girlfriend or significant other. You have someone to practice on. Well as they say......practice makes perfect. Now go save somebody! Just don't cause an accident trying ;)