PDA

View Full Version : PK - RIP Camping Kitty

Sniper-T
10-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Had to put down my cat of 14 years last night. Her diabetes finally got the most of her and her kidneys shut down. She was essentially a house cat, and the cuddliest cat ever. But since she was 5 months old we took her on almost every camping trip that we went on, beit by vehicle, boat, canoe, or snowmobile! Until the diabetes got ahold of her, she was the best disciplined cat too, she wouldn't go on counters or tables, even if there was food out, she knew better. She made a home on any lap that presented itself, and made friends with everyone. She was quick to purr, and quicker to crawl under a blanket/sleeping bag for a nap.

When we were camping, she slept with me almost exclusively, but when we were home, she was my wife's teddybear. She had a rough night last night without her.

The house seems empty without her!

:(

4suchatimeasthis
10-24-2012, 02:10 PM
So sorry, Sniper :(. She sounds like she was a wonderful cat and family member.

The Stig
10-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Sorry to hear this man. Losing a loved one like that always stinks.

carolinasurvivalist
10-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Sorry for your loss.

robsdak
10-24-2012, 03:44 PM
dude, that sucks..... sorry to hear it, losing a loved one is hard.

eagle326
10-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Sorry to hear Sniper. My daughter has 4 cats and the oldest one is 14 yrs. old and I'm taking her in tomorrow so they can try to remove a cancerous tumor from her hip. Will be about a 6 to 7" cut to try and remove all of it. Hoping all goes well for her as she's her first cat and she's like you ; Her kitty is everything.

Cats ; dogs are hard to lose and you never really get over them. You just learn how to live without them and the empty space they filled in your heart. Again sorry for your loss big guy.

bacpacker
10-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Sorry to hear about this Sniper. We'll keep you guys in our prayers.

slowz1k
10-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Sorry for your loss Sniper

Evolver
10-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss of family T. She sounds like she was a very unique cat by being willing to ride in a car but a snowmobile! She was one cool cat and I'm sure she's missing you too. RIP Camping Kitty. Prayers sent laced with Cat-nip.

ladyhk13
10-25-2012, 02:00 AM
Sniper dude I am in tears rignt now...you know that me of all people loves kitties probably more than I do kids. I am so sorry that you are going through this and have lost your precious little friend. My last one is sleeping next to me right now with her paws stretched out touching me. They love the human contact. I had 5 and now she is the only one left. I adore cats and I know that someday I will be with them again. My heart goes out to you, and here I thought you were a mean cat hater guy!

Sniper-T
10-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Thanks all. It's been a rough couple weeks, as the deterioration had its final hold on her and we knew the end was inevitable. It was tough seeing Stig and 4such's posts about their dogs, as I knew I would be in the same boat soon enough. :(

I don't hate all cats Lady, just the wild (feral) ones causing damage. My little PK could turn the staunchest dog lover into at least a tolerator of cats. lol.

She didn't like travelling in the city much, as my truck is a standard and I was always moving. But as soon as we hit the highway, she'd curl up on my lap and sleep until we got where we were going. She had her own place in the boat and canoe, right up in the bow leaning off, doing the Titanic thing. On the snowmobile I just tucked her into my Jacket. If I was going fast, she'd burrow down and 'sleep?' but as soon as I slowed down she'd pull my jacket zipper down and stick her head out to watch. Soon as I picked up speed again, she'd nestle back down. Sure got some strange looks when we met up with people. lol

It was strange getting home to an empty house yesterday. and last night, the wife pulled her stuffed bunny out of retirement to keep her company. :(

Stormfeather
10-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Sorry to hear about your familys loss. Its always sad when one passes away.

msomnipotent
10-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Sorry for the loss. She sounds like she was one of a kind.

Grumpy Old Man
10-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Snipe I've been away and just found this thread. I'm so sorry for you loss. I just don't have the words to tell you how I feel. It seems like everyone I know is having tough times right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

eagle326
10-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Hey big guy as sure as the sun rises in the east every morning ; there will come a time when a little kitten will cross your path and you'll see the one you lost in it. You'll take it home and be amazed at how much they're alike and your heart will say unto you that you are loved once again.

There's a reason they say cats ; HAVE 9 LIVES.

May your days be long
May your nights be short
May all that love
Be the focus of your life :

Just a little line for you.

Katrina
10-27-2012, 03:46 AM
Sniper,
My heart goes out to you and your wife. We lost our Bubba Cat last year. He was DH's buddy, acted more like a dog than a cat.