PDA

View Full Version : Today was a good day.

AlphaTea
10-29-2012, 03:20 AM
Today was a good day.
I was awakened by the TAST at the crack of noon (working nights for a while but off tonight).
Today was a special day. I got out of the USN 24 years ago today. I did remember to wear my plaid shirt for a few hours this evening, its what I wore the day I got out. Sort of a traditional thing I do. Wifey and I ate at Joes Crab Shack for lunch. Fan freakin tastic. Place was almost deserted
Went to WM for our weekly shopping. Place was NOT deserted. Saw manny sheeple with 8-10 gallons of milk and a dozen loaves of bread. A lot of empty shelves due to the impending "Storm of the millennium". NO bottled water, beer, chips or soda except for the crappy stuff. Some hippy snacks were still left. Folks are really freaked out. Wifey did a Neener, neener, neener and thanked me for being a prepper. I imagine it will be worse to go to WM in the next day or two as the storm gets closer.
We are just outside Rochester NY and will mostly see heavy rain an maybe 50mph winds by Thursday. BFD.
We bought our normal stuff and left. Stopped by the gas station with very long lines, because I always fill up at 1/2 tank. Took about 20 min. Jeez when will people learn.
Went home and ate some leftover bowtie noodles. We watched some TV for a while and spent some quality time together. Wifey has to get up at 0600 when I have to go to bed. I guess we will pass in the morning. At least the bed will be warm.

4suchatimeasthis
10-29-2012, 03:43 AM
Keep us posted as the storm comes through. Thank goodness you are preppers!

robsdak
10-29-2012, 08:48 AM
Congrats on the retirement... sounds like a good day, time with the wife, good meal and being prepared.

yeah, the sheeple down here go nuts before a storm. you would think after all the storms that have passed by or hit us, they would learn. but they don't...:rolleyes:

be safe and keep us informed...

RedJohn
10-29-2012, 08:51 AM
What can go wrong, he is prepared.

Sniper-T
10-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Sounds like a good day! The menu at Joe's looks awesome!

AlphaTea
10-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Congrats on the retirement... sounds like a good day, time with the wife, good meal and being prepared.

yeah, the sheeple down here go nuts before a storm. you would think after all the storms that have passed by or hit us, they would learn. but they don't...:rolleyes:

be safe and keep us informed...
I wish I was retired. I spent 8 LONG years in the USN.
I figured I could do better as a civilian. I was right.
However, had I stayed in, I would have retired 12 years ago.
Now I have a couple of more years to go
I left for the civilian life 24 years ago.