PDA

View Full Version : Petraeus resigns

eagle326
11-09-2012, 08:38 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/09/petraeus-resigns-as-cia-director/

Who's next?

4suchatimeasthis
11-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Apparently Hilary is packing her bags too. I can't help but wonder how much of the Petraeus thing is truly the alleged affair, and how much of it is the Benghazi mess. I can't imagine Petraeus was hoping BO was staying in another term, all things considered. But, that's just speculation.

eagle326
11-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Apparently Hilary is packing her bags too. I can't help but wonder how much of the Petraeus thing is truly the alleged affair, and how much of it is the Benghazi mess. I can't imagine Petraeus was hoping BO was staying in another term, all things considered. But, that's just speculation.

I guess he admitted to it. But who knows for sure. I was at the 101st. reunion in Florida and he was our guest speaker. As soon as he was done ; he and the men with him left to fly out for the Iraq invasion. Even if this is true of the affair he is one of the greatest Generals of our time.
Be careful in Washington who you skewer out of your ranks. There may come a new leader of the opposition to set this country back on course. In the meantime we must keep prepping and keep our heads on a swivel as to people and what's going down around us.

bacpacker
11-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Hillery, panetta, or giehtner will be next. My bet is hillery.

NWPilgrim
11-09-2012, 10:03 PM
I think it is no coincidence that just after the election and just before House testimonies on Benghazi the heads of CIA and State announce resignations for whatever reason.

izzyscout21
11-10-2012, 12:43 AM
I caught this earlier today............I always liked him.

Heck...........I was medevac'd out on his blackhawk.............I was supposed to be his driver after I re-enlisted............

idahobob
11-11-2012, 07:19 AM
I reckon that Holder will not be far behind, out the exit door.

http://photos.weddingbycolor-nocookie.com/p000005068-m25826-p-photo-76044/hooray.jpg

Bob
III

RedJohn
11-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Between him and Lookheed Martin CEO, these are 2 careers gone because of a "dick" move. When are men going to learn to keep it in their pants???

Echo2
11-11-2012, 12:47 PM
So let me ask....why would an affair force him to loose his job?....Behavior unbecoming of a officer?

You would think he would have learned to maneuver through this crap better given his position.

It appears all the rats are jumping ship.....I cant figure it out....they just had a glorious victory.

eagle326
11-11-2012, 01:07 PM
So let me ask....why would an affair force him to loose his job?....Behavior unbecoming of a officer?

You would think he would have learned to maneuver through this crap better given his position.

It appears all the rats are jumping ship.....I cant figure it out....they just had a glorious victory.

Because a man in his position with knowledge of sensitive information having an affair opens him up to blackmail and pillow talk as they call it.

Echo2
11-11-2012, 01:13 PM
I understand that....but any man with a family....or cares about anything....is open to the same thing.

I just personally doubt that this is the real reason for him leaving.

Who knows.....the administration has been so open and honest with us.....:)......transparency and all.

eagle326
11-11-2012, 01:27 PM
I understand that....but any man with a family....or cares about anything....is open to the same thing.

I just personally doubt that this is the real reason for him leaving.

Who knows.....the administration has been so open and honest with us.....:)......transparency and all.

I agree Echo ; But as Red John said ; A man needs to know when to keep his junk in his pants. It this really why he resigned I don't believe it to be the true reason. We may find out and we may not. Many things can happen to a man with too much inside knowledge. He can still be called legally to testify before Congress.
We can only wait and see how this unfolds. In the mean time we can only continue to prep and keep an eye on the situation.

RedJohn
11-11-2012, 02:49 PM
From what we're told here, it is the girl that was writing his biography and she may have poked in confidential emails too.

Actually, he will not testify, and the second in command will go testify.

Dropy
11-11-2012, 03:07 PM
So..since he has had an affair and it is made public that part is out of the way. Isnt that a prereq for being president? Or a req for once your president?

Baker
11-11-2012, 06:38 PM
This is quite interesting.