PDA

View Full Version : A friend sent me a pic today.

ak474u
11-15-2012, 03:03 AM
Can anyone tell me where they've seen this before?http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af53/ak474u/0bde7ffeb2bce6f1b99c64ce42241584.jpg

LoganSmith
11-15-2012, 04:22 AM
That was in Red Dawn! Just do a google image search of "calumet antique store howdy" to see more of it.

ak474u
11-15-2012, 05:53 AM
My buddy drove by it on vacation and said he almost had a wreck. He's a big red dawn fan, he has a full Cuban army camo uniform from the movie with property tags, and a Russian officer's uniform from the movie as well. He's a nerd.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
11-15-2012, 10:55 PM
Well I was beat to the punch when I was about to post my answer. So I'm going to tell ya a short story about my search.......My first thought was the little city up in IL. But that was too easy but the picture did look familiar, so I copied it so I could blow it up for a closer look. Then I could make out the other parts and so I did a Bing search on just "calumet where the great plains meet the mighty rockies" now the very first link on the top of the page is somebody's personal page with all their family stuff. So much for OPSEC and their lies the picture with the nice little "Red Dawn" vacation story. So is this your buddy's page???????

http://llegue.blogspot.com/

ak474u
11-16-2012, 01:08 AM
Well I was beat to the punch when I was about to post my answer. So I'm going to tell ya a short story about my search.......My first thought was the little city up in IL. But that was too easy but the picture did look familiar, so I copied it so I could blow it up for a closer look. Then I could make out the other parts and so I did a Bing search on just "calumet where the great plains meet the mighty rockies" now the very first link on the top of the page is somebody's personal page with all their family stuff. So much for OPSEC and their lies the picture with the nice little "Red Dawn" vacation story. So is this your buddy's page???????

http://llegue.blogspot.com/

No, not his page. He was a pro shooter for a while, and still competes when possible, he wont allow anyone to take a photo of him with a gun, disappears for 3 months at a time with notice only to trusted friends to his offshore gig, and doesn't talk guns or politics with anyone. He's the most OPSEC person I know, short of his dad, mostly because of his gun collection I suspect. He's a big collector, and he's had a few experiences that keep him from talking about them, or his hobbies. He's more paranoid than me, so no not his blog for sure.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
11-16-2012, 03:21 AM
Well this goes to show you how unsecure you can be on the internet eh? Some people just don't realize how vulnerable they can be, just think about how some serial psyco pervert could just..........well you get the picture. Another reason why I don't do facebook or any of those other stupid sites.

Domeguy
01-03-2013, 01:13 AM
No Facebook for me either...because I'm so not interested in what you had for lunch last week. (Not you Mr. Riverrat)

Brownwater Riverrat 13
01-08-2013, 04:23 AM
Soy by product tacos................:p

msomnipotent
01-12-2013, 11:22 PM
I thought it looked like the garage in that Cars movie. Stupid me!