PDA

View Full Version : My one last Post-Apocalyptic treat is no longer going to be available.

Stormfeather
11-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Of all things that I have squirreled away, Twinkies have been the treat that I love the most. Sadly, those days are now a thing of the past it looks like.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hostess-moves-liquidate-crippling-strike-150429415--finance.html

Hostess Brands Inc., which makes Ding Dongs, Wonder Bread and other snacks, filed a motion Friday with U.S. Bankruptcy Court seeking permission to shutter its operations. The move comes after the company said striking workers across the country crippled its ability to maintain production.

The closing would mean the loss of about 18,500 jobs. The company said employees at its 33 factories were sent home and operations suspended Friday and its roughly 500 bakery outlet stores will stay open for several days to sell remaining products.

Hostess CEO Greg Rayburn said in an interview that there was no buyer waiting to buy the company. But without giving details, he said that there has been interest in some of its 30 brands, which include Dolly Madison, Drake's and Nature's Pride snacks.

Rayburn said the financial impact of the strike makes it too late to save the company even if workers have a change of heart. That's because the company was operating on thin margins and stalling production meant the loss of critical sales.

Thats it folks.. .Armageddon, Mayan Calendar, Apocalypse, Zombie Invasion. . . its finally arrived, and the death of the Twinkie is its harbringer. Be warned!

And of course, buy them cheap and stack them deep! Your grandkids will want to know what a Twinkie is someday!

robsdak
11-17-2012, 06:35 AM
and i read somewhere they have a shelf like of 5/10yrs? LOL

'in the year 2025 the New Drug of Choice is TWINKIES!!!!' :)

prepguide
11-17-2012, 07:58 AM
No Dick Clark so no New Years party and now no Twinkies? The world is truly coming to an end....LOL I did however go and buy a box of Twinkies and Ho-Ho's yesterday. Wanted to have a last few tastes of childhood before they are gone. Gonna stretch out eating those treats as long as I can

Stormfeather
11-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Fer tha luv of Gawd. . . .save the HOHO's!!!!!

izzyscout21
11-17-2012, 02:10 PM
My old CO once put a twinkie on the rim of a glass and said that we were doing morning PT until the twinkie broke under its own weight...........

it was germany and 20 degrees outside.............

we were there until 3 in the afternoon.

I hate twinkies.

robsdak
11-17-2012, 09:04 PM
I hate twinkies.

strong words there Izzy, hate the idea, not the TWINKIE... LOL besides, it was American Made, right? quality at it's best...;)

Evolver
11-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Here ya go! 15.99 for a 24 pack. Best price on the web.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51YNPVohqlL.jpg

http://breadsandbakery.hotgrocerycenter.com/top-review-twinkies-hostess-golden-sponge-cake-24-1-5oz-cakes-best-price

AlphaTea
11-18-2012, 06:35 AM
Price has just changed to 124.99