PDA

View Full Version : Keep us in your thoughts...

ghost1227
11-19-2012, 09:44 PM
I got a call at work this morning from my ex. I should preface this by saying that despite having been separated for almost two years, my ex and I have always been good friends. Well this morning she was on her way to pick up our three year old son from school and was involved in a pretty bad accident. When she called, she was hysterical and could barely speak. She managed to tell me where she was (thankfully just a few blocks from where my office is located) and I arrived within a few moments of the first rescue workers.

Long story short, she hit the front quarter panel of an oncoming vehicle (a ram 1500), spun out, and ended up getting hit by a tractor trailer. Her car (an older Le Sabre) was totaled. The paramedics on scene told her she was lucky to be alive (very true given the extent of the damage), but we are most thankful that it was on the way to picking up our son, not on the way back. When she hit the tractor trailer, it basically caved in the entire side of the car, with the majority of the damage being right where his carseat is.

I arranged for help from two of my coworkers (one helped pull everything of value from the car before it was towed - her works stuff, stuff for the holidays, etc), while the other went and picked up our son from school and we ended up spending the majority of the day at the hospital. Thankfully, she's doing fine, although she's going to be hurting for a while and has suffered some short-term memory loss (probably from shock, there's no brain damage as far as they can tell).

The point of the post was this... while I'm not an overly religious person, I don't think it'll hurt anything if those who are can keep her in their prayers while she's recovering. And everyone else... positive vibes can't hurt either! Thanks!

4suchatimeasthis
11-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Prayers and good vibes sent!

mitunnelrat
11-19-2012, 09:54 PM
You've got it. Prayers up and out.

Evolver
11-19-2012, 10:00 PM
I hope all will be well soon.

piranha2
11-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Positive vibes headed your way my friend.

bacpacker
11-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Prayers sent for you both. Please keep us posted on progress.

robsdak
11-20-2012, 04:01 AM
surely, good thoughts sent your way. i hope everything will be ok, with her.

Stormfeather
11-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Positive thoughts coming your way bro, keep us up to date with progress.

ghost1227
11-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Thought I'd take a moment to post a quick update on her progress... She's still hurting (as expected), and has spent most of her time in bed, but she's alive and seems to have finally learned just how valuable that is :) She's showing the signs of what seems to be PTSD (something I'm all too familiar with unfortunately), but she's working through it slowly. Looks like with the exception of some short term memory loss, she's going to be just fine in the long run. Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts!

Sniper-T
11-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Lucky lady! Not many people hit a semi and win!

thoughts and prayers...

Katrina
11-22-2012, 03:02 AM
So glad she is doing ok Prayers and good thoughts to you and her

The Stig
11-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Glad to hear she is on the mend.