PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

eagle326
11-21-2012, 04:26 PM
To all my Ant family:

May all of you have a safe ; joyous Thanksgiving. And may we all take time to remember our humble beginning as a nation and as free individuals and where we are heading in the future. May our path stay true to our fore fathers and their sacrafices to the birthing of our freedom. And may we be as bold and brave as those who came before us.

Happy Thanksgiving :

Eagle

izzyscout21
11-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

piranha2
11-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to the colony. Best of wishes for you all.

mitunnelrat
11-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone

bacpacker
11-21-2012, 10:03 PM
I hope each of you have a great Thanksgiving. I'm proud to be a part of this group.

Evolver
11-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Thank you Eagle and I hope the you and all of the other great members of our colony has a blessed Thanksgiving day with their friends and family.

eagle326
11-21-2012, 10:25 PM
I hope each of you have a great Thanksgiving. I'm proud to be a part of this group.

I've seen a few groups in my internet life and none compare to the tightness or family connection and caring as this site. May it's birthing continue to grow in just such a way. I have not felt this kind of tightness and honesty for the last 41 years. It's very refreshing to see ; read and hear it.

robsdak
11-21-2012, 11:37 PM
may we all have the blessings of the season of giving and remember those that have given. thanks for letting me be a part of the 'Ant Family'. good thoughts too you all....

4suchatimeasthis
11-22-2012, 02:47 AM
This year has presented more than a few challenges for our family, but has been unexpectedly wonderful in so many ways too. God has truly provided every step of the way, and like the Pilgrims at Plimoth Plantation, I give thanks to GOD for my family, our health, our simple country home, whats left of our nation, and all you Ants! We truly are blessed.

May God bless you all, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Pile the turkey high, the potatoes deep, and don't be bashful with the pecan pie. I would be honored to roll up my sleeves and wash dishes along side any of you fine individuals :).

Brownwater Riverrat 13
11-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Happy Thanks giving to all of you and I hope all is well with all of your families. May we have a little Peace today from all the "stupid stuff" and take time out to be with our families. Sit down and feed your faces give each other hugs and enjoy yourselves. For we still do have a lot to be thankful for, we are still the best country in the world no matter how you slice it. Let us continue to strive to keep it that way. God bless each and every one of you on this day and all others. May he help you in your struggles and may he give you the strength to carry on in times of hardship and pain. Most of all God bless the "Little People" (not midgets) for this is what we fight for, making this country a better place for them to live in. It's our responsibility..............Happy Thanksgiving.................. Ya'll keep your powder dry, there's still hard times a commin...........................

Stg1swret
11-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Today is the day we stop and reflect upon the blessing given to us by our creator, and remember all the sacrifices of those who came before us to bestow upon as the liberties we so enjoy. We often take for granted the liberties we have, without giving much thought about how those liberties were obtained. We also take for granted sometimes the great abundance this nation provides us. Today as we sit down to partake of our Thanksgiving meal, perhaps we should really stop and reflect on those who are today without homes, and loved ones due to recent events. We are safe and secure in our homes while others throughout the world are awaiting a warning siren, or hearing and ducking gunfire. We have an abundance of food at our tables, while others are starving, our trying to eat a cold meal after scrapping dirt and sand off what meager food hey have. We are warm and sheltered, while others live in make shift shelters trying to get by until tomorrow. We have it good, but take for granted most of what we have. Count your blessings, for we are truly a blessed nation.May God bless you all.

FL-Jeeper
11-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Amen brother.

bacpacker
11-23-2012, 12:15 AM
Earlier today I was reminded of an old tradition done with a little humor involved. Who remembers this little diddie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m57gzA2JCcM

I hope everyone has had a fine day.

realist
11-23-2012, 03:28 AM
Good food and good friends is the only way to spend a Thanksgiving. You are all invited.............. of course someone need to bring the whiskey to make it better. Be safe all and

drink responsibly

4suchatimeasthis
11-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Thanksgiving was awesome, baby girl sat at the big table with all the adults, in her little chair. She is only 6 mo. old....man, did she make a mess of Grandma's table cloth, lol. Mashed potatoes and green beans got flung everywhere! She wore more than she got in her mouth, but it was a joy to watch her smile and coo, wave her hands around, and see how excited she was to be with all the adults. She sure knows how to charm, lol, little monster ate most of my dinner roll, and at the same time had daddy picking up her spoon about every two minutes - thank God she kept throwing it towards his side of the table. I am crazy blessed.