PDA

View Full Version : 2001 jeep cherokee bov

Thegtwyo86
11-30-2012, 05:40 AM
Hi everyone just wanted to show you what I have and what I'm going to be doing to to it in the future and maybe get some tips off of here to help me in my build.i have a 2001 jeep cherokee 4x4 auto with the 4.0L.I installed a rustys off road 3 inch lift.when I bought the jeep it came with 30x9.5 tires,front skid and gas tank skid.i just bought an explorer 8.8 with 31 spline axles and disk brakes that I will be installing soon.after that I will be building a front,rear bumper and roof basket for it.im wanting to lift it another 1.5 to 2 inches,and install 32in tires.for body protection I'm going to be installing jcr offroad quarter panels.if anyone has any suggestions let me know http://load.imageshack.us/

Sniper-T
11-30-2012, 12:51 PM
The link just takes me to the generic sign up page for image shack

the link you put in should have [IMG] at the front and back of it

Thegtwyo86
11-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Lol sorry about that try this one
http://img715.imageshack.us/i/imagesyd.jpg/

Evolver
11-30-2012, 11:40 PM
^^^ Ditto, Copy the IMG link, come back to your thread, hit reply, click on the "Insert Image" tab, (third tab over from the right) paste the link in the pop-up box, hit ok then submit. :)

Thegtwyo86
12-01-2012, 02:47 AM
http://img94.imageshack.us/i/imagecmw.jpg/
Ok let's se if this works😜

Evolver
12-01-2012, 12:45 PM
I can see it! That looks like it's been lifted a tad. I have owned three of these in my day and they're a dependable vehicle for sure and a great foundation for some fun off-roading.

Thegtwyo86
12-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Thanks! yeah I was happy with the lift, I don't know if I can go any higher though because when I install a roof basket and 31or32inch tires it may not fit through my garage door lol.I just though of this last night when I was looking at parts for it. If it doesn't fit through the door it pretty much messes up my bov plan, because I was thinking if the shtf I would pull the jeep on backwards into my garage,shut the door and load it up and If need be and the power is out I can roll the door up manually or if I'm leaving in a fight I can just drive through it.but like I said if it won't fit to start with my whole plan is over lol.

ak474u
12-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Thanks! yeah I was happy with the lift, I don't know if I can go any higher though because when I install a roof basket and 31or32inch tires it may not fit through my garage door lol.I just though of this last night when I was looking at parts for it. If it doesn't fit through the door it pretty much messes up my bov plan, because I was thinking if the shtf I would pull the jeep on backwards into my garage,shut the door and load it up and If need be and the power is out I can roll the door up manually or if I'm leaving in a fight I can just drive through it.but like I said if it won't fit to start with my whole plan is over lol.

Could you build a roof basket that the sides fold inward on themselves, and when needed, you could pin, or wing nut the sides into place? That might save 6". It would take some work to hinge the sides to fold onto one another, and you couldn't load the roof inside the garage, but it would be pretty cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you build a roof basket that the sides fold inward on themselves, and when needed, you could pin, or wing nut the sides into place? That might save 6". It would take some work to hinge the sides to fold onto one another, and you couldn't load the roof inside the garage, but it would be pretty cool.

Sniper-T
12-03-2012, 07:17 PM
If you're that close to the limit of the garage door, you'll have to pull it out to load the rack anyways. Unless you can modify the front of the garage so that the header is hinged, and can swing out of the way.

Also keep in mind, that if you put taller tires on it, and then throw a load on the roof, you have seriously messed with the center of gravity, and a seemingly easy turn or evasive maneuver can and will dump you on your side.

Thegtwyo86
12-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Good points.as of right now my lift is fine I parked it inside the garage and if I install 31in tires on it ill be good to go.but what I was saying is I wanted to have another 2 inches of lift and taller tires thats where I would run into problems. I also thought of trying to stay under the radar, so having a big lift and tires is going to stand out and everyone is going to know there is a redneck prepper in the jeep lol.thanks for the info .

Thegtwyo86
12-04-2012, 05:43 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Man.....that's a really good idea.my only concern is that I was going to mount lights on it but, I might not do that and build a folding rack like you are talking about and mount the lights on the bumper.keep the ideas coming if you have anymore lol.

Sniper-T
12-04-2012, 12:28 PM
you can have both a light bar and a collapsible rack. what is your plan for hauling extra fuel?

http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22178

Thegtwyo86
12-04-2012, 01:20 PM
I was going to use Jerry cans mounted on the rear bumper tire swing out.

Metrocruiser
12-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Just drove by this rig. Thought id share it with y'all
http://www.rivotech.com/bronco/jeep.jpg

Metrocruiser
12-20-2012, 01:27 AM
here is a really sweet jeep set up.
http://www.rivotech.com/bronco/sweet-jeep