PDA

View Full Version : Bought 2 cases of precious commodities

eagle326
12-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Yep finally got me 2 cases of precious commodities per Stormfeather's link. Now I'm not one to have precious metals stacked but if I'm holding a stockpile of double ply toilet paper plus food stores I'm pretty sure I can barter me some for metal. :D
There's going to be a whole lot of crying and gnashing of teeth when people find out they can't wipe with coins or bars very well. So being the kind and caring person I am ; I figure maybe I can offer them some relief by tracking down some for them. At a cost of course. Well unless they want to go the some other way. ;)

I'm buying it cheap and stacking it deep. Got my eldest daughter in on it too. We figure it can't hurt because if you can't eat it or wipe with it you'll come to me in the end . And I know quite a few people with metal who think I'm stupid for not being heavy into it.
They state they can buy what ever they need at that time. And they are right ; I'm just not telling them that I'll be the guy that they'll be dealing with. After all I am a little stupid in their eyes.

This along with other things will help in the long run and in a morbid kind of way I can't wait to see the look on their faces after they figure out they should've invested in other items also. The best part is they don't even have a clue as to my life style or stocking. They just believe I'm an gray old man fooling around with a 100 different projects as they say even though they don't know what the projects are.
I know it will be hard to track down the 2 ply paper but I'm willing to go the extra mile for them if I have to. :rolleyes:

A big thanks goes out to Stormy for the link.

Grumpy Old Man
12-01-2012, 03:15 PM
What thread was that in Eagle?

eagle326
12-01-2012, 03:36 PM
What thread was that in Eagle?

Stormfeather posted it 03-08-2012 in the ( Equipment and Basics thread )

bulktoiletpaper.com
I got 2 cases of 96 rolls each for a total of 192 rolls. I believe the wife said it was about $90.00 shipped to house. Hope this helps. I figure less than 50 cents a roll was good.

bacpacker
12-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Good price. We pay .60-75 per roll at Sams

robsdak
12-01-2012, 09:11 PM
eagle, we have them covered if they get close to the house looking. several rolls of the "good stuff" Charmin. but, i have to say. it wasn't the plan to help others out in a time of 'need' LOL, more of a lifestyle thing. i am sure i will have a few other items to offer at " Robdaks End of the World Boutique"... on a limited basis and at a price. fair mind you, i don't want to get in trouble with the Gooberment, if and when they come back online, for 'price gouging" LMAO!!!

eagle326
12-01-2012, 09:55 PM
eagle, we have them covered if they get close to the house looking. several rolls of the "good stuff" Charmin. but, i have to say. it wasn't the plan to help others out in a time of 'need' LOL, more of a lifestyle thing. i am sure i will have a few other items to offer at " Robdaks End of the World Boutique"... on a limited basis and at a price. fair mind you, i don't want to get in trouble with the Gooberment, if and when they come back online, for 'price gouging" LMAO!!!

TRUE ;Oh so true. I just want to be a capitalist helping my fellow sheeple. :p
I would never price gouge ; but who am I to but a poor merchant earning what the market will bear.

Stormfeather
12-02-2012, 04:18 AM
Glad I could point you in the right direction for some good deals on TP! Somethings are overlooked, this should NOT be one of them!

mitunnelrat
12-03-2012, 08:21 PM
I like this. I think TP is probably the smartest commodity a man could offer in barter.

Its a much wider market than any of the vice items like booze, non-perishable as some foods are, lighter than water so it'd be easier to transport if needed. And while people can and do skip regular showers, few people can handle a dirty butt...

it also trumps the ol' ammo argument too because its sure not gonna hurt if someone attacks you with it ;)

Well played, sir. Well played.

msomnipotent
12-03-2012, 11:37 PM
And you can't drink your supply of TP like I did my wine stash.

The best deal I found on TP was online at Office Depot or Max, I can' remember which. Between my ebates, coupon codes, and rewards points, I think I paid close to 35 cents a roll for Charmin. You never know where you will find cheap tp!

I forgot to mention that I will post it the next time I run into a deal like that. I should have realized that so many of us were tp-conscious.

Sniper-T
12-04-2012, 12:54 PM
tp makes the world go around!

Soft fluffy tp makes it go around with a smile on your face

eagle326
12-04-2012, 10:17 PM
My 1st. two cases of T.P. arrived today and will be adding to it as soon as I gather up some more capital. God I love it when a plan comes together. :p

On a side note:
My daughter scraig7339 joined the colony after ( THE Man ) Redjohn fixed her AOL problem. Now I have the help of a younger brain close to me to help dear old dad . Of course just like her mother they're both O.C.D. in many areas which means more stuff for dad to do. Gotta love it. :D

Sniper-T
12-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Oh, the irony of a double edged sword!

Welcome aboard scraig7339!!