PDA

View Full Version : Smoosh!

Sniper-T
12-03-2012, 12:02 PM
That is the sound toes make when a 400 pound block of limestone is dropped on them.

It is, however, quickly drowned out by a few profanities.

Call me limpy for a while!

:(

pics to follow!

bacpacker
12-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Damn that had to hurt. Hope nothing is broke.

Grumpy Old Man
12-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Were you wearing your metatarsal guard, steel toe work boots?:)

helomech
12-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Ouch, hope it heals fast.

Taz Baby
12-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Damn you made my toes hurt. I always wear my steel toed boots when working outside.

izzyscout21
12-03-2012, 04:24 PM
daaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm

Sniper-T
12-03-2012, 05:13 PM
I was playing around in some deep snow, so I had my non-reinforced winter boots on...

After I finished hopping around, and limping into the house... it was sure a relief to see them still attached. Although in a few days I may change my mind
lol

4suchatimeasthis
12-03-2012, 06:31 PM
ow ow ow ow ow.......yeah, I won't be looking at any pictures you post, for a while!

Sniper-T
12-03-2012, 06:55 PM
for you 4such... I'll email them!
lol

4suchatimeasthis
12-03-2012, 08:37 PM
:rolleyes: you turkey!

Evolver
12-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Dang man that sucks!!! If the toenail starts to blacken and throb it's time to break out the cordless and a 1/16" bit and drill a small hole in the nail to release the pressure. You probable knew this already but if not there you go. :D It dosen't hurt at all as a matter of fact it feels good to get that pressure out of there. Some people use a needle that heated red hot with a lighter.

msomnipotent
12-03-2012, 11:34 PM
I don't know what sounds worse---smoosh or hot needle into a black toe nail.

I hope you feel better soon.

bacpacker
12-04-2012, 12:13 AM
My grandpa always used his small blade on the old timer he always carried. He was always mashing his thumbnail.

T, we gotta here the whole story about this.

GunnerMax
12-04-2012, 01:23 AM
I'm curious to see pics. :P

Glad ur ok though

Grumpy Old Man
12-04-2012, 02:48 AM
Snipe, I'm prayin for you, 'cause lord know's you need it!!!!!! be of good cheer my friend and know that you are im my thoughts.

ladyhk13
12-04-2012, 05:02 AM
for you 4such... I'll email them!
lol

UUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMM......4such he found your button! He's going to email and post all kind of nasty broken toe pics now just for you!!!! You are in T-R-O-U-B-L-E now. Welcome to my world.

mitunnelrat
12-04-2012, 05:34 AM
Damn T.

I know your weapon laws are more restrictive than ours, and you may need to improvise to EDC them, but there's gotta be easier ways to justify a hardwood cane, don't you think?

I've also had a good chuckle at your expense, just so you know. Getcho pimp limp on.

robsdak
12-04-2012, 06:14 AM
pictures or it didn't happen.... :p

no really, sorry to hear that. i know the feeling. i had a 6in. I beam drop on my left foot years ago. wasn't wearing steel toed boots and thought that it was the end of the world or at least my foot. looking back on it now, not wearing ST boots might haved saved my toes.

Echo2
12-04-2012, 10:34 AM
ummm......ouch.....why would anyone do that? :)

Sniper-T
12-04-2012, 11:37 AM
The pictures really don't do it justice, but you can see some of the colour and swelling.

close your eyes 4such:

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/Sniper-T/1204120616b.jpg

see not too bad!

I think that my heavy winter boots with the thick insole did a lot to keep them attached to my foot.

Not much of a story either. The Limestone was the old hearth from my fireplace, and it was laying out on the driveway. It was upside down so the mounting boards were still bolted onto it, and had some nails sticking straight up out of it. Being that it has been covered with snow for the last month or so, I kinda forgot about it. But then on Sunday, I noticed that the dog was running around over top of it, and I figured the last thing I need is a 150# hound with a nail through his foot.

So I dug out some of the snow, and then used a 4 foot bar to wiggle it closer to the garage, Then I wedged the bar underneath and tried to flip it over. got one end up in the air, the whole thing up on edge, but when I gave it that final push to roll it over, the bar slipped out and down it came. Quite quickly too!

robsdak
12-04-2012, 11:52 AM
OUCH!!! at least they are still there.

bacpacker
12-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Glad its no worse. Makes me cring just thinking about it.

Sniper-T
12-04-2012, 01:00 PM
what sucks the most is that none of my footwear really fits right now. I can shove my foot into my work shoes to get to and from, but I need to be shoeless at work.

Actually what might suck equally, is having to depress the clutch in my truck!

bacpacker
12-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Hard to drive a stick with a bad foot or screwed up back!

Evolver
12-05-2012, 10:38 PM
IMO having busted up toes is the worst!
For one, it makes you walk with a ghetto swagger.
Two, you can be walking in a open room in your house and you WILL kick/bump something with your sorest toe.
Three, Sleeping at night a you move wrong and snag it in the covers then can't sleep after.
Four, Driving a stick like you and BP said and trying to find a shoe to wear.
Last but not least... They take FOREVER to heal.

I hope that you can take some time off work and just stay home so it speed up the healing. :)

Sniper-T
12-05-2012, 11:44 PM
I just had a bit of a lull at work, and now it's amping back up for the year end push. All days off are cancelled until the silly season

Evolver
12-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Hows the foot doing T?

Sniper-T
12-09-2012, 06:59 PM
I thought it was doing ok, until I spent a couple hours out shopping yesterday. when I got home it was swollen back up a bit, and throbbing. I was supposed to go run my buddy's trapline with him today, but there is no way it is up for that! :(

It's looking like 3 nails may be lost.

Evolver
12-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Hope that it doesn't effect you from having fun on your vacation down here too much, you still have a few more weeks to heal up though. :)

Sniper-T
12-09-2012, 08:02 PM
The first time the wife an I went to Cuba, was two days after I rolled a buddy's sled. I dislocated my shoulder, broke my collarbone, broke 2 ribs and bruised 3 others. It took a few rum and advils, but we went kayaking, jetskiing, snorkling, scuba diving, and everything else we wanted to do. I'll manage! lol

Sniper-T
12-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Well the swelling is down enough that I can wear most of my footwear again. But I spent a few hours working outside on Saturday, and a few playing outside on Sunday, and it is telling me that it is not quite ready to go dancing yet.

I've always drilled or wedge cut my black nails before too, although for the last 10 years of so I just use the drill bit by itself, and spin it in my fingers. watching a buddy use a power drill, and punch a hole clean through his finger... the bone... and into his wife's coffee table; kinda dissueded me from using power tools for that purpose.

bacpacker
12-17-2012, 08:31 PM
Hell of a way to ruin a perfectly good coffee table!

Glad to hear your doin better.

Sniper-T
12-18-2012, 11:19 AM
sitting in the E-room with him waiting to see a doctor, and listening to her yell at him over the phone about the table, while he tried to explain was hilarious!

Katrina
01-02-2013, 02:34 AM
Geez Sniper If the puter wasn't compromised and I had seen this earlier I'd sent ya my boot from my surgery to hobble around on.
Hope the foot is better.

MegaCPC
01-02-2013, 03:02 AM
Is the limestone OK????????

:p

Glad you're alright.

ElevenBravo
01-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Yeah, we wanna hear about the limestone!

<devil_grin>

I wish like hell I could dance like this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=003_ulzGw4I

Bet you do too, right now!

Okay, enough busted foot bashing (excuse the pun), hope you get better soon!

EB

Sniper-T
01-03-2013, 07:23 AM
Limestone is currently buried under 3 feet of snow, slowly accepting its punishment. Next year, it will be turned into a 'park bench' type seat somewhere on my property.

dance like that??? didn't that evolve from bullies shooting their revolvers at tenderfoot feet?

Domeguy
01-06-2013, 04:03 AM
I just read the post, and am glad to hear you and the limestone are both doing well. I know that had to hurt like hell. Several years during my Pepsi route years, I had 3000 lbs of soda pushed up between my toes and onto the top of my foot. One of the Walmart workers was helping me pull a pallet of soda around the side of the store to the front, and when I stopped, he didn't.
I wish you a speedy recovery, from one wore out, broke down foot to another.

Sniper-T
01-06-2013, 12:57 PM
The nail is getting loose, hopefully there is enough grown in from underneath to make a smooth transition. From all the swelling, all the skin peeled off the big toe. It looks oddly pink compared to the rest. lol