PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I love where I live

mitunnelrat
12-05-2012, 06:00 AM
Tonight is one of those times. To keep it somewhat short, I've been a bit behind the 8 ball getting ready for some hunting seasons this year. I just got my muzzleloader cleaned and did a improvised boresight down the hallway with a flashlight tonight. With that done, I had to see if the thing would even fire (got it in a trade with a buddy who never once shot it, and neither had I). So, out the front door I go, at 0130 hours to snap a cap. It worked so I'll be out tomorrow to get it zeroed - 2 days before its season opens...

There are definitely benefits to country living. I like to say I can pee off the front porch, and shoot off the back... I'd have never even considered standing in my front yard to do this anywhere else I've lived in this past decade.

What are the little things ya'll appreciate about your homes/ locations?

robsdak
12-05-2012, 09:39 AM
i am not exactly where i want to be, but the neighbors let me do i as i wish. too an extent. i have fired off a few rounds, can pee from the porch, have a few over for a fire in the backyard. the lady and her daughter across the way, know my sleeping habits are erratic and that i keep an eye on things.

the wildlife in the backyard is pretty cool, as well.

helomech
12-05-2012, 12:27 PM
I can't see a neighbor from my house. My closest neighbor is about 3 miles, but the closest light I can see from my house is the next town over about 8 miles away. My gate is a half mile from my house so I never get any guests that I don't know about. I love that fact that I can go as long as I want without seeing another person other than my wife and kids.

Sniper-T
12-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Sometimes??

I always love where I live:

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/Sniper-T/multiplicity/IMGP5247.jpg

Onestep
12-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Damn Sniper, that's awesome.

robsdak
12-06-2012, 11:42 AM
+1 on the AWESOME

mitunnelrat
12-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Sometimes??

I always love where I live:

Yes, I have to say only sometimes now. It has a lot going for it, but its temporary and not wholly mine. I'm waiting on my dad to die for that (running joke between us, not meant seriously).