PDA

View Full Version : Another BOV

RedJohn
05-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Beginner's BOV is much better in my book (http://www.shtfready.com/transportation/now-bov-270.html)

But look at this one:

THE JEEP HURRICANE
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/jeep-hurricane-19.jpg

izzyscout21
05-27-2011, 02:33 PM
can't....control...;.drooling...... now all this needs is a SAW mount and it'd be good to go....

bacpacker
05-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Easy izzy easy! :)
Kinda reminds me of a high tech dune buggy. Probably be very fun to drive. Just not sure I could haul much in it.

RedJohn
05-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Just not sure I could haul much in it.

A BOV, Like a BOB is just supposed to get you as fast as possible out of a danger zone and eventually to a BOL that is supposed to be fully stacked. At least, this is my belief.

bacpacker
05-28-2011, 12:21 AM
That's the ultimate bug out in my mind. My plan starts without a BOL for the long term, right now. Hope to change that in the future, but for now it is what it is.

Without anywhere to store long term preps at a shelter location, I need a truck to haul what we need. We do have a camper and if TSHTF from something that we have some notice of, think approaching hurricane, our plan is to hook up and split before hand. We keep gear & water loaded all the time, just add beans, bullets, and arms and we're good to go.

We have other plans depending on circumstances. Main plan for now is a bug in here. Ultimatley our plan is to Bug in at our BOL and only leave in case of some disaster it won't hold up under like Joplin or the Sendai region in Japan

BTW, didn't mean to knock the jeep. I think it's ccool and would take one if someone threw me the keys in a heartbeat., I was just spoutin off the first think that came to mind.

RedJohn
05-28-2011, 08:12 AM
BTW, didn't mean to knock the jeep. I think it's ccool and would take one if someone threw me the keys in a heartbeat., I was just spoutin off the first think that came to mind.

Not taken as such. I also tend to forget that I only have to think of saving my ass only. Most of you have families to think about.

gunbuilder69
05-29-2011, 12:46 AM
Is this available yet?

RedJohn
05-29-2011, 01:04 AM
I am not sure. I think that it is still a concept car at this time.