PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request

bacpacker
12-11-2012, 12:08 AM
Folks I would like to request your prayers for my wife.

She got up yesterday morning with her foot in severe pain. We really had no idea what caused it. She kept off it all day, applied alternating ice and heat. By last night it was not much different. We got up this morning and still the same. I took her to our Dr and after waiting for 4+ hours find out she has broken her foot. She's suppose to see an orthopedic Dr and get a full diagnosis. We are hoping more time in the boot and no surgery. But where the break is, I'm not optamistic.

Dr told her no driving, basically no nothing till the ortho Dr tells her different. She's not happy about being shut down right now. Glad I have a little bit of vacation time left to take.

4suchatimeasthis
12-11-2012, 12:15 AM
Prayers sent :) Hey, you can wrap the boot in red ribbon like a candy cane, ya know, to be festive ;)

bacpacker
12-11-2012, 12:46 AM
I may try that if I can get her cheered up a little. :)

Echo2
12-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Damn man....sorry to hear it.

Prayers inbound.

She doesn't remember doing anything to it?

eagle326
12-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Sorry to hear about the wife B.P. Hoping all turns out okay for you two. keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
Keep in touch brother.

Eagle

izzyscout21
12-11-2012, 01:35 AM
Tell her that the wife and I send our best. I know what it's like to be cooped up in the house. Let me know if we can help out with anything.

bacpacker
12-11-2012, 02:20 AM
Thanks everybody. Pprayers are what we need most. The rest will work itself out in due time.

mitunnelrat
12-11-2012, 02:21 AM
Prayers out, brother, I hope RICE is all it takes.

bacpacker
12-11-2012, 02:24 AM
Us to. We've been on that for two days. Hope the ortho guy agrees thats all thats needed.

robsdak
12-11-2012, 03:23 AM
good thoughts outbound. hope it gets better for the both of you.

Sniper-T
12-11-2012, 12:14 PM
prayers and best wishes sent your way buddy! I know what it is like to have a wounded paw (IT SUCKS). I like the candy cane idea, but mine has enough colours on its own already

Does she know what she did to it? Limestone block, perhaps?

bacpacker
12-11-2012, 02:45 PM
No limestone blocks. Still tryin to figure it out. Shes got quite a bit of swelling but no discoloration. She did break that same foot when she was a kid so we think it might be tied back to that.

msomnipotent
12-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Feet are funny. Not "haha" funny. My mother broke her foot at work, walked 2 miles home, and it didn't hurt until she took her shoe off to ice it. She only knew that it was swollen for some reason until the xray. I banged my foot on a chair leg, hurt like it was broke but the xrays showed nothing. A week later, it swelled up and new xrays suddenly showed a break. She probably banged it several days ago and just didn't think anything of it then.

Good luck. I hope it goes well.

ladyhk13
12-12-2012, 01:34 AM
Usually when a break happens it will heal much stronger than the origional bone so it's kind of unusual to be in the same place. Good grief! How horrible to do this right before Christmas! Prayers sent!

Evolver
12-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Prayer sent along with a seed of a daily calcium substitute and more iron, (just to be safe) it can't hurt.

bacpacker
12-13-2012, 12:24 AM
We finally got most all the swelling down and shes tryin not to kill herself using the crutches :) Found out yesterday she goes to the orthopedic Dr Monday, so we gotta wait to find out what comes next.

She is bored to death already, but doing well at staying off it so far. We greatly appreciate your prayers and thoughts.

Buddychrist
12-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Prayers definitely sent, I'm sorry I haven't seen this thread I have been just looking at the participated tab for too long.

Grumpy Old Man
12-14-2012, 12:32 AM
BP, I'm sorry I missed this, but I've been kind of distracted lately. May the Great Healer work his mysterious wonders on Mrs. BP. He truly can, and does, work miracles and I'm sure you and Mrs. BP deserve one.

May Yahweh bless you, keep you and heal you.
May Yahweh 'neath his wings protect and hide you.
May his loving arms abide you.
Yahweh be with you until this trial has passed!

carolinasurvivalist
12-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Hope she heals up quick, prayers sent.

bacpacker
12-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Thanks CS. BTW how is your back coming along?

carolinasurvivalist
12-16-2012, 10:52 PM
I think it is doing better. Still sore as heck but hopefully am on the road to recovery. Have a follow up this week, guess I'll know more then. Thanks for asking.

bacpacker
12-16-2012, 11:57 PM
Your still in my prayers. Let us know how it goes.

bacpacker
12-17-2012, 01:41 PM
We just got back from the dr. Wifes foot is broke at the point a tendon attaches. No surgery required (yeh) just has to rest it frequently aice it and use a anti imflammatory cream 4 times a day. She goes back in 6 weeks. He told her to wear any shoe that gives her good support and feels good. So she'll be in her hiking boots for a while.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It means a great deal to us.

Sniper-T
12-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the update. good news!!

:)

bacpacker
12-17-2012, 02:07 PM
Best we could hope for.

eagle326
12-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Great news B.P. Give that southern belle our best and a hug from all of us.
And tell her I'm not responsible if the card on the fridge scares children or little old ladies. :p