PDA

View Full Version : My family is "on board", mostly when local SHTF happens...

ElevenBravo
12-29-2012, 07:07 PM
My wife and I have been married 19 really, really long years.. (J/K) so shes used to my "ways", Im like a good lap dog I reckon.

My daughter has always known me to be ready for whatever happens.

Neither give me grief for buying stuff, or doing stuff... to prep us for the typical occasion... because, Ive always pulled us through (Either that, or I fake it well enough they never knew the difference).

Anyway, my house is not floor to roof with preps and my whole life is not centered around "prepping", which I do not do.... because, Im an old school survivalist, and a survivalist preps all the time... if not in equipment and goods, they prepare in there minds with thoughts and developing solutions.

Anway, Im drifting... lemme get back on track.

I carry CCW 99% of the time we go out, the news of violence, rape and shootings is enough to keep them from making negative comment.

I store water, they remember when the water main broke and we didnt have water for 3 daze, thus they dont make any negative comment.

I am building my store of ammo, because of all the anti 2A stuff in the media they know our rights are at risk, and they dont make any negative comments.

I could go on and on, with example after example... but I wont bore you.

They *know*, when a real world SHTF situation happens, I have the stuff to make it through, and the experience to guarantee safety and provide security for them.

Thus, I offer this video as a salute to the "Typical American Survivalist"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcvXmHphQQo

To me, being a survivalist is not about zombies and asteroids or some stupid calendar... Its about A-Z, from snow fall, to economic fall... and everything in between.

Thanks for viewing...
EB

Evolver
12-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Good job on digging up all the old posts EB!!! We love it when the newcomers do some good digging and brigs the old posts back to life. :) Keep up the good work and I like your statement^^^...
To me, being a survivalist is not about zombies and asteroids or some stupid calendar... Its about A-Z, from snow fall, to economic fall... and everything in between

ElevenBravo
12-29-2012, 10:03 PM
I tell ya, I *love* youtube! Ive even bought video equipment specifically to record certain things.... Like an expensive Samsung for all weather...

I got more to post, dont want to spend all night doing it.

EB