PDA

View Full Version : Notice / Update

eagle326
01-12-2013, 05:15 PM
To all my ant family. I want to bring you up to date on family and me. I've haven't posted much lately and scan post when time permits me to do so.
For the past 2 years my wife has gone from the energy bunny who'd dust you off if you sat in a chair too long to barely being able to walk across the house without gasping for breath. Now this is a woman who gets up early enough to wake up the sun so it'll rise every morning and go until it's time for the sun to go to bed.

We've went thru more test during this time with no definite answers from various doctors. When I would bring up blood flow and pressure and that maybe it was affecting her ; they said maybe. I said test arteries and heart with my family doctor behind me. So to make a long story short they did a T.E.E. and found out her main heart valve ( Aortic ) was leaking. On a 0 to 4 rating she is a 4 which puts her into beginning heart failure. Set her up to go to Cleveland Clinic as they're the best for this operation.

The doctor who was supposed to do it I was told would be out of town for a week and then out of country for a week. Maybe Feb. I told them he had 2 other Doctors with him and if he couldn't be there then then they should maybe have 1 of these guys do it. After a long chat they conceded when I explained my wife's health was more important.
I give credit to the girl in the office as she understood my wife's situation and got it set up for Wednesday the 16th. if the test go well.

I want this done before her health really gets to the point of no return and before Obama care kicks in and she's told she's too old and to just go home and live with it.
We haven't been able to keep up the prepping aspect due to the high amount of medical bills. We're working on the ones prior to operation because we know the bill from operation and hospital stay is going to be huge since Champ VA only pays about 80%
They said she would be in 3 to 6 days if they go in artriscopically and 8 to 10 days if they have to crack her chest. We figure we can do some minor preps depending on bills after this is done. We just won't be able to go as fast as we thought before all this began. But as long as she gets fixed up we can always make up our reserves time permitting.

And I'll be the first to admit that this old boy is getting a little worn down but we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.So starting Monday we'll have 2 days pre-op test and surgery Wed. I'll be able to catch my breath and get on to rehabing momma back to her old self.

I just wanted to let everyone know that if you don't see me on here very much it's because of this and no other reason. Will try to drop in as time permits in the coming weeks. It's a 100 to 110 mile round trip everyday so I'll be in between places for awhile besides house duties and dogs.

Eagle

MegaCPC
01-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Stay strong. Wishing you the absolute best!

Metrocruiser
01-12-2013, 05:42 PM
We are sending Good thoughts to your wife, you and your family.

helomech
01-12-2013, 06:00 PM
My thoughts will be with you, hope all goes well and she is back to normal soon.

4suchatimeasthis
01-12-2013, 06:07 PM
You, she, and the Dr's will be in my prayers till we hear she is recovered and in the clear.

mitunnelrat
01-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Prayers out, Eagle.

bacpacker
01-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Continuing prayers for you all. Let me know if there is anything else I an do for you all.

Willie51
01-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

apssbc
01-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Prayers out to you and yours Eagle. I hope all goes well, and comes together. Stay strong and keep up good spirits, all will be well.

prepguide
01-12-2013, 10:50 PM
Thoughts out to all of you in this time.

msomnipotent
01-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Your family will be in our thoughts. Good luck!

Grumpy Old Man
01-12-2013, 11:02 PM
My prayers for for skilled surgeons and quick healing are with you and your wife Eagle. May the Great Healer bless you and care for yoy!

robsdak
01-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Eagle, sorry to hear about the Mrs. you have all the Good Thoughts i can muster. Speedy recovery to Mrs. Eagle and take care of yourself as well.

Evolver
01-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Our prayers sent.

The Stig
01-13-2013, 12:51 PM
Glad they have identified the problem and have charted a course towards getting your Mrs back to good health.

Let us know if the colony can do anything to assist you.

Katrina
01-14-2013, 03:30 AM
Prayers being sent for you and the missus.

Domeguy
01-14-2013, 04:53 AM
Hey friend. I am so sorry to hear about your wife's situation. I know I am new to the ant hill, but i plan on staying here as long as i am useful to the colony. And I seriously mean this when I say it. I live in Lynchburg, TN where it's just my wife and myself. I am also retired with a lot of free time on my hands. If you or she need anything at all, day or night, just let me know..I keep the truck full of gas, and a bag ready at all times. . Call if you need anything, or just want to talk, or even to talk to my wife, she is a nurse. Eric

RedJohn
01-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Take good care of your family first and foremost. My thoughts are with you all.

2die4
01-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Stay strong and make sure mama gets back to 100%.

eagle326
01-16-2013, 01:08 AM
First off ; thanks to everyone for their support in this matter. These last 2 days are over with testing and talking to surgeon.

1 st. day they ran their own test and blood work. And also checked carotid artery ; breathing and lungs.
Carotid artery isn't about 69% blocked as vascular surgeon in Canton said ; It is only 20 to 25% blocked. Asked and doctor said they ran extra test and don't understand how he came up with number. So this doctor is off our list when I see my family physician. All came up good for her and they found that her Micro valve is also leaking which the heart doctor in Canton didn't find. So he's off the list also as far as I'm concerned.

So tomorrow I'll have her at the Cleveland Clinic at 10 a.m. and surgery will begin around 1p.m. and last 4 hours and 1 to 2 days in I.C.U. for a total of 5 to 6 days hospital stay. She'll be getting a Bovine replacement valve for the Aortic valve and a metal ring around the outside of the Micro valve to close the gap so flaps overlap as they should to close. Doctor said he was fixing everything wrong so she didn't have to come back in a year or so. Micro valve is permanent ; Aortic will need replaced in about 15 yrs. or so but they'll be able to do it by going up her leg next time.

So this is where we're at right now and the end is in sight. Doctor says a lot of her problems will go away and put a stop to her enlarging heart. as I understand it.

Again thanks to everyone for their kindness and prayers or good thoughts .

Eagle

bacpacker
01-16-2013, 02:07 AM
Glad to hear the report Eagle. Be strong and careful. We'll be praying for you guys.

4suchatimeasthis
01-16-2013, 02:09 AM
Sounds like you have a good plan, and a great doctor (not the one who missed stuff, this new guy)! Prayers still headed your way.

Stormfeather
01-17-2013, 01:15 AM
Gotta love those guys at the Cleveland Clinic... stupid ridiculously on their game and know their shit.

Best wishes Eagle to the Missus, and I hope all went/going well with the procedure.

Sniper-T
01-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Hey Pal, just back and saw this post. Hope all is going well.

You have my best wishes and prayers!

eagle326
01-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Well my wife went into surgery around 1:45 yesterday and they finished up about 5:45 and sent her to recovery ; Then I.C.U.
We got to look in on her about 7:30. Got home around 9:30 . She's now in her private room with all tubes removed and they'll start her getting up and moving.
Doctor said all went well and she should be home by Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully sooner as I'm not use to not being told where to go or what to do by her. ;)

I'm glad the Ant Force was behind her ; Really though you are a great group.

Eagle

bacpacker
01-17-2013, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the update, sounds like things went as well as it could.

BTW, the wife said she would be more than happy to tell you where to go and what to do, if you need a hand!! :)

Seriously glad to hear she's doing so well.

Gunfixr
01-18-2013, 02:29 AM
Seeing this late, and glad that all is going well.

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Domeguy
01-18-2013, 08:58 AM
I am very glad things went well for your wife and yourself. Let me know if you need anything.

robsdak
01-18-2013, 10:55 AM
ditto on the good sentiments. there are other closer to you to offer help if needed, so the best i can do is offer moral support. if you need. just remember that good thoughts are always there till the missus comes home.

rob

bacpacker
01-19-2013, 04:00 PM
I just got a call from Eagle326 with an update. Mrs Eagle is progressing well and they hope to be coming home on Monday if things stay on pace.

MegaCPC
01-19-2013, 08:47 PM
That's great news bacpacker, thanks for the update.

Wishing Mrs. Eagle a speedy recovery!

Katrina
01-20-2013, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the update I'm glad she is on road to good health

Evolver
01-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Great News!!! I know what you mean about wandering around aimlessly when the wifes not around. lol

Willie51
01-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Glad to hear the great news!!

msomnipotent
01-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Good to hear!

eagle326
01-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Good morning everyone. Home for the moment. The wife was supposed to come home Sunday but she couldn't breathe deep and got dizzy when she would stand up. He blood pressure was out of whack when she would do any of this. Took x-rays of lungs and a ekg I believe. Found liquid in lungs. They drew out 2 quarts of liquid with a needle and she's breathing better now. Just have to get blood pressure under control and up and walking without dizziness.

So what should have been a short stay is now going to be longer until they get everything under control. Hopefully between today and tomorrow we can get her home if all goes right. But at least they are being very cautious about this matter and her health.

On a lighter note ; My good friend Backpacker told me Mrs. Backpacker would be willing to fill in the role of telling me where to go and what to do until my wife comes home. Now I want to state I am very grateful for this offer ; BUT I've seen what Southern Belles can do in this situation and at my age have no desire to end up in the hospital myself trying to keep up with her list. So while I'm grateful for the offer I must turn it down if for no other reason than to stay in my current state of health. But a big thank you goes out to his southern Belle for the offer. ;)

Sniper-T
01-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the update. continued prayers your way!

bacpacker
01-22-2013, 04:06 PM
The offer still stands :)

Glad the drs are taking it cautious till everything is stable. Prayers continue.

robsdak
01-22-2013, 05:53 PM
thanks for the update. goods thoughts have been coming from me since the start. they will get this under control and she will be home soon enough.

eagle326
01-23-2013, 01:27 AM
The offer still stands :)

Glad the drs are taking it cautious till everything is stable. Prayers continue.

Thanks B.P. ; But I think you're just trying to divert attention away from your list ooooold buddy.

Just sayin' :p

bacpacker
01-23-2013, 01:31 AM
Wellllllllll, Maybe!

Katrina
01-25-2013, 04:19 AM
Hope she is doing better. prayers are still going out!!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
01-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Well, crap I've been gone tooooo long. Man I hope all is going well with you and the misses. My prayers go out to you all. Totally blind sided me! I'll be paying more attention to this thread Brother. You two be safe and let LadyHK and I know if there's anything we can do, Hell I'll even come over and bug you if you want. Keep you busy, eh?

eagle326
01-25-2013, 06:28 PM
Well I'm back for the moment. They didn't let my wife out until Thursday because some how they were giving her double dozes of certain medicines which screwed up her system. No energy , hunger ; loss of oxygen in system ; couldn't sit up long or walk far.
Head doctor chewed asses and got her to where she could come home. Have to go back up Monday to re-check vitals and see as to where we go from here. She is very Lethargic and her thinking is a little scrambled yet but we're working on it. She's still on oxygen when she's moving or has exerted herself. Laying down and resting a lot. Hoping we can get her more towards her old self.

Would have been back sooner but I've only been getting 4 to 5 hours sleep each day if that and am kind of worn out trying to make sure they have their ducks in a row. Plus taking care of dogs and house. It's a 140 mile round trip there and back home so that eats up a lot of time but worth every penny if we can get her healthy again.
I kind of upset the wife when I got dog angry with the doctors assistant and told her more or less she needed a better plan. It doesn't take 6 hours to be released. You need to have orders released so the other people can affect release in shortest amount of time. Said they couldn't find oxygen supplier for home. My daughter on here called a man who works for her that works for a medical supply company and he went to front office to see if they took Champ VA.
Turns out they do and she had her order in 5 minutes with hospital. Bless my daughter for moving so fast.

So I'll try to update as possible ; Again thanks for all your support.
Sorry if it seemed like I was ranting ; Just had to get it off my chest I guess.

Eagle

Sniper-T
01-25-2013, 06:46 PM
Stay Strong my friend. That is the light in the end of the tunnel.

Evolver
01-25-2013, 10:10 PM
Praying for quality 5hr power sleeps going out for Eagle and pay attention vibs that buzz's in the nursing staffs ear. We're more than happy to be here for you and your wife so anytime you two need anything just haller. :)

bacpacker
01-25-2013, 10:10 PM
Glad to hear they finally got her meds straightened out and she got to come home. Our prayers are that she continues to improve and get stronger. Also that you can get rested. Don't need you going down right now. Let me know of anything I can do to help out.

robsdak
01-26-2013, 10:02 AM
not a rant, we are here to listen/help if and when possible. good news she is home. home is always better than the hospital.

Taz Baby
01-26-2013, 11:17 AM
Eagle I have been away so I am just now seeing this.
Sorry to here about your wife. Last Christmas my BIL had a heart valve replaced in Cleveland and he is doing great now. Took him about 3 months before he could do thing without being winded but it is expected. Glad you guys are home and she made it thru. Make her take it easy and not to rush anything. Tell her to take her time recouping and not worry and Feed her BONBON'S in bed if need be.

Grumpy Old Man
01-26-2013, 03:47 PM
Eagle, my prayers are with you! What more can I say as I am at a loss for words? My hope is that your Lady has a speedy recovery and that you enjoy more years together. God's will won't take you where God's grace won't sustain you. Be of Good Cheer my Brother!

4suchatimeasthis
01-26-2013, 05:20 PM
More prayers headed that way :)

eagle326
02-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Hello everyone ; Been meaning to give you an update but I've been as busy as Backpacker when his wife follows him around for chore duty.

The Mrs. is coming along fine now just have to get her blood pressure medicine at the right dozage and she should be good to go in a couple more weeks. Hard to keep her slowed down as she's chomping at the bit to run. We are very thankful for all the well wishes for her as we believe they all helped. Now I need to find a place to hide or I'll be in the same position as B.P. :p

We've also heading back south of the Mason Dixon line. Something we've wanted to do for years. Back home after all these years away. So if we can get this old school house dressed up I've been told all she wants is a cheap fixer upper and some land for me and she'll be happy. And I won't have to listen to how I brought her back to Ohio's cold like I have for the past 40 years. :D
Hopefully we can find something close to colony family as it would make me feel more secure in the future for my family.

Again ; thanks for being there in support.

Eagle

helomech
02-13-2013, 04:04 PM
That is great to hear. Texas has plenty room for you.

eagle326
02-13-2013, 05:47 PM
That is great to hear. Texas has plenty room for you.

Thanks Helo. Been thru Texas twice in my lifetime and it's a beautiful place and yes it does have plenty of room and my kind of gun totin' people. Even Texas is in the equation.

bacpacker
02-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Glad to hear Mrs Eagle is feeling better. Great news. Keep up the good work.

We got plenty of areas to pick from down here.

robsdak
02-13-2013, 08:42 PM
good to hear about the missus. a change to a warmer climate might be good.

mitunnelrat
02-14-2013, 03:47 AM
Glad to hear it Eagle!

You should choose TN. Then one of us can blaze the trail south for the other to follow ;)

Katrina
02-14-2013, 05:32 AM
Glad to hear Mrs is home, good wishes going out to both if you. Tell her for me let HIM (you) do all the work you sit and supervise or as my Pop would say stupidvise:p

eagle326
02-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Glad to hear it Eagle!

You should choose TN. Then one of us can blaze the trail south for the other to follow ;)

If we get there ahead of you I'll make sure you're in the loop and maybe throw up a shack for ya. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to hear Mrs is home, good wishes going out to both if you. Tell her for me let HIM (you) do all the work you sit and supervise or as my Pop would say stupidvise:p

Sweet-Thang has been stupidvising me for a total of 42 years now and any and everything she needs or wants done is just a verbal command away and I'm on it. Wouldn't have it any other way. :p

4suchatimeasthis
02-15-2013, 12:57 AM
Glad to hear the good news. And yes, TN is wonderful!

ladyhk13
02-19-2013, 01:30 AM
Glad to hear it Eagle!

The trail has already been blazed...by a lot of us :)