PDA

View Full Version : Life Saving Clamp

Sniper-T
01-18-2013, 04:15 PM
http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/video/lifesaving+clamp/video.html?v=2324501264#health+matters

Ouch!!!

Evolver
01-18-2013, 11:39 PM
It makes sense and I wish I would have thought of it first and had to money to see it though.

Thanks for the post and I'll be keeping my eye out for theses. :) Last week I did my first on the job 1'' long deep clean cut wound closer on my left thumb with butterfly bandages that worked out very well but if it was any larger or not a clean cut it wouldn't have worked :) I've been waiting for a good opportunity to give them a field test but Justa wouldn't be my guinea pig.

MegaCPC
01-19-2013, 02:25 AM
Ouch!!!

No kidding! Better than bleeding out I would reckon.

Twitchy
01-19-2013, 02:56 AM
eh... unless it stops the bleeding at the source its only a cosmetic item... If it doesn't stop the bleeding at arteries, capillaries, veins, etc. then the blood just goes elsewhere, leading to other issues... Granted, its better than nothing, I guess I would like to see how it ends up working out in the field...

apssbc
01-25-2013, 03:09 AM
You hit the nail on the head twitchy. Stopping bleeding at the surface is useless for major wounds. You can loose over a liter of blood into your thigh without seeing any signs of it. This stops the bleeding at the skin and will clot the hole in the skin but it does nothing for the perforated femoral artery...in a case like this the bleeding will stop...about the same time your heart does. Tourniquet and suture is needed to solve the issue.

You wouldn't put a band-aid on a gunshot wound would you...this is a mechanical band-aid. It may have its uses but serious hemmorage is not one of them.