PDA

View Full Version : Dave from Dual Survival

Buddychrist
01-19-2013, 03:27 PM
So have you guys read up on that Dave Cantebury lost his renewal with discovery channel's Dual Survival series because of falsifying his training and experience?

I was actually a fan of the dual survival series but I doubt I will watch it again, its basically all scripted anyways although it does offer some good information if you pay attention and skip past the showmanship

Honestly survival shows have gone way downhill when they became popular and I think not only Dave is at fault for his documents but also Discovery channel for not checking his accreditation and honesty to his training. They really should do a full background check before just signing a contract just for that reason.

NWPilgrim
01-19-2013, 09:31 PM
I heard from Jack Spirko's podcast that he said he went to airborne but had not. Jack vouched for him as a personal friend and for his survival knowledge. His speculation was that perhaps he was making Cody the hippie look less competent and that didn't play well. The new guy has solid military credentials but sounds light on any survival training.
Sounds like he did not lie about serving in the Airborne just that he went to that school.

Personally I think Dave was 3/4 the show. He was out getting a real meal and doing the big work and Cody was tip-toeing around barefoot gathering two leaves and a 30 minute shelter. Maybe having a real survival expert show how efficient he can work was not dramatic enough.

I've heard folks that met or know Cody say he is much better in person then on the show so maybe he was just playing the love child in the forest for the screen which Discovery may have liked for better theatre.

Les Stroud is the only survival show that truly focused on survival issues and not inter-personal drama as in most Discovery reality shows.

Buddychrist
01-20-2013, 04:11 AM
I definitely agree

I am a pretty big fan of Les Stroud because he is not only surviving alone but he has to also carry around all of that equipment