PDA

View Full Version : Chopper ride on a Blackhawk

ElevenBravo
01-27-2013, 03:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcb_FdVhSJw

Rewind the calendar a few decades and go on this Blackhawk ride with me!

EB

helomech
01-27-2013, 01:10 PM
I miss door gunning out of them.

greg48
01-28-2013, 03:49 PM
i am nostalgic i guess, i like the huey better than the blackhawk...

izzyscout21
01-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Wow.......it's been so long it seems like.

helomech
01-29-2013, 04:52 PM
i am nostalgic i guess, i like the huey better than the blackhawk...

The huey is more reliable, but the hawk outperforms it on every level. Even though I hate working on any sikorsky product they do make some good aircraft, just not mechanic friendly.

Echo2
01-29-2013, 05:11 PM
The huey is more reliable, but the hawk outperforms it on every level. Even though I hate working on any sikorsky product they do make some good aircraft, just not mechanic friendly.

Is that why they used to call them lawn darts?

ElevenBravo
01-29-2013, 07:52 PM
lawn darts
They go up... and then right back down.

I rode on one (BH) when the oil pressure dropped... climbing the side of a mountain in West By God Virginia... pucker factor since then has never been exceeded.

EB

helomech
01-29-2013, 09:29 PM
Is that why they used to call them lawn darts?

That has been resolved for at least 2 decades. Like any helicopter the Huey included has lots of growing pains. I have worked on helicopters for over 25 years now and every new model has issues. The lawn dart issue was because of the horizontal stabilator was getting signals to go full down from electrical interference. It is no longer a issue.

- - - Updated - - -

They go up... and then right back down.

I rode on one (BH) when the oil pressure dropped... climbing the side of a mountain in West By God Virginia... pucker factor since then has never been exceeded.

EB

Engine oil pressure is nothing, the black hawk has enough power for single engine operations.

Echo2
01-29-2013, 09:34 PM
That has been resolved for at least 2 decades. Like any helicopter the Huey included has lots of growing pains. I have worked on helicopters for over 25 years now and every new model has issues. The lawn dart issue was because of the horizontal stabilator was getting signals to go full down from electrical interference. It is no longer a issue.

That's why I said "used to"...:)

helomech
01-29-2013, 09:46 PM
That's why I said "used to"...:)

True, but like I said all aircraft have issues when they first come out.