PDA

View Full Version : Russian family lives in Siberia for 40 years, didnt even know of WW2

apssbc
01-30-2013, 10:47 PM
Here's a article I picked up on another forum I frequent. Its a long read but well worth it. Goes to show how resilient humans are, and how that trait works in the right with the right upbringing. The major points I picked that relate to survival is that you must have strong faith, be resourceful, and most of all we need communities of like minded folk and we can thrive.

This quote really struck a chord with me. "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

The kicker is that one is still alive out there, living by herself in the Siberian wilderness. Thats 30 years In the woods by yourself. This family is as hard as woodpecker lips.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeology/For-40-Years-This-Russian-Family-Was-Cut-Off-From-Human-Contact-Unaware-of-World-War-II-188843001.html

bacpacker
01-30-2013, 11:22 PM
I just ran across that same article and was coming here to post it.

Excellent article and I highly recommend everyone read this.

ak474u
01-31-2013, 01:56 AM
Wow, talk about surviving despite your shortcomings. Amazing story.

Sniper-T
01-31-2013, 11:48 AM
The amazing power of fanatical religion! And a very stubborn Russian! lol

I think they win the title of "Survivor"

Thanks for the post

Willie51
01-31-2013, 09:23 PM
Great read!!!

realist
02-05-2013, 06:10 AM
Thank you. I wonder how many other people are out there that live like this. Can you imagine all they missed for good or for bad. Then the kids growing up not knowing anything else. Pretty amazing. It reminds me of the Japanese soldiers who lived in the jungles after WWII.