PDA

View Full Version : MSR Whisperlight International now on board...

ElevenBravo
02-01-2013, 11:51 PM
Just got it today, first fire attempt with denatured alcohol yielded fail. Seams not enough burn time for preheat needed for burn.

Next try, I run Colemans white/camp gas. This time, preheat was much batter and ran to proper flame easily. WTF ever.. I wanted to run Coleman gas anyway.

Brought a pot of water to a *ROLLING* boil very fast! Going on a winter hike this weekend with my daughter (or without if she dont go...), will be heating water for a MH meal, yum!

Ill post more info and video on this thread in due time... Im a busy SOB so Im slow on my promises.

EB

Stormfeather
02-01-2013, 11:52 PM
Cant wait for the reviews

bacpacker
02-02-2013, 01:04 AM
I had the original white gas whisperlite. They are good stoves. Just be aware, if I pumped mine up good and tight so it would boil quickly, I couldn't simmer at all until it burned off some fuel and the pressure dropped.
Otherwise, it was pretty fuel efficent very light weight, and packed down pretty small. All together I would rate it a 8 out of 10. The new model most likely has had improvements made to it. Can't wait to see your review.