PDA

View Full Version : So you're at the SuperBowl and the power goes out, what do you do ??

rentprop1
02-04-2013, 01:56 AM
lets pretend it gonna be out for days but you do not know that yet.........

you have no gear, only car keys, wallet, maybe a cell phone

you opted to drink you dinner, meaning instead of that hot dog you bought another beer @ $11.00 and now your tapped out

how you gonna see to make it out of that place , maybe the crowd starts pushing and shoving, possible riot

even if you GHB is in your vehicle, what are you gonna do in a packed parking lot ?? .... good luck

discuss

ak474u
02-04-2013, 02:12 AM
First, I'm gonna blame George Bush.

Echo2
02-04-2013, 02:16 AM
you are already at the superdome.....piss and crap all over the place and tear a bunch of stuff up.

ak474u
02-04-2013, 03:02 AM
you are already at the superdome.....piss and crap all over the place and tear a bunch of stuff up.

Please don't Supe in the Pooperdome! Wait! That's not right?

Taz Baby
02-04-2013, 03:04 AM
Hide out in a bathroom stall or under the bleachers maybe, until it clears out some. Use your flash light that you never leave home with out to find your way back to your truck, where all your gear is that you need.

Sniper-T
02-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Give my head a quick shake to clear the remaining vestiges of that dream/nightmare; and then snuggle back into bed to sleep.

There is no way, I would be at a Superbowl game

Echo2
02-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Hide out in a bathroom stall or under the bleachers maybe, until it clears out some. Use your flash light that you never leave home with out to find your way back to your truck, where all your gear is that you need.

And when you get there....you realize that you were one of those unlucky souls that has had their vehicle set ablaze in protest of the power going out....all gear....plane tickets....and extra cash is now gone.

What's next?

Sniper-T
02-04-2013, 01:31 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/382196_328798953898269_1956320698_n.jpg

Taz Baby
02-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Not really, you put all valuables, money, tickets, passport, spare drivers license, spare keys, flashlight matches, ect. in the small fireproof safe that you keep in the hatch on top of your spare tire. Still there even after the fire. Or if your lucky you have a hidey hole hatch in the floor. Ours does.

And when you get there....you realize that you were one of those unlucky souls that has had their vehicle set ablaze in protest of the power going out....all gear....plane tickets....and extra cash is now gone.

What's next?

Evolver
02-04-2013, 11:01 PM
All play. :)

My fist thought would be... This is a total blackout and the emergency lights didn't kick on so we were just hit by an EMP.

I would grab the hand of who ever it was with me and start heading down to the field by crawling over seats if we had to as fast as possible and not wait like others for the lights to come back on. It would all have to be done by feel because the EMP would have taken the cellphone out as well. When entering the dome when the light were on I looked for escape routes (thats just what I do :o) and saw that it would be the best to head down rather than up.

I'd look for light of any kind most likely it's going to be a flame from someone lighter
You have no gear, only car keys, wallet, maybe a cell phone and head for it and find and use a program as a touch then after it's lit find as many programs and butter saturated popcorn containers as possible along the way out to use as touches.

helomech
02-04-2013, 11:06 PM
All play. :)

My fist thought would be... This is a total blackout and the emergency lights didn't kick on so we were just hit by an EMP.

I would grab the hand of who ever it was with me and start heading down to the field by crawling over seats if we had to as fast as possible and not wait like others for the lights to come back on. It would all have to be done by feel because the EMP would have taken the cellphone out as well. When entering the dome when the light were on I looked for escape routes (thats just what I do :o) and saw that it would be the best to head down rather than up.

I'd look for light of any kind most likely it's going to be a flame from someone lighter I and head for it and use my program as a touch then after it's lit find as many programs as possible along the way out to us as touches.

I can barely find my way out of the dome with lights on and reading signs. I doubt it could be done in the darkness unless you spent lots of time in there.

Evolver
02-04-2013, 11:19 PM
I'm a cup is 1/2 full kind of guy. :)

helomech
02-04-2013, 11:22 PM
I'm a cup is 1/2 full kind of guy. :)

That place is horrible. Could not imagine it in the dark.

Evolver
02-04-2013, 11:28 PM
By going down to the field the exits are service exits big enough to drive a semi through.

Stormfeather
02-05-2013, 12:54 AM
I spent plenty of time clearing out that shithole during Katrina. . . I know it inside out and upside down with and without lights. Theres no way I would be there for sporting event even if it was a all expense paid trip! I would rather sit in a small mom & pop restaurant I tend to favor right off of Royal & Conti just outside of the french quarter.

Echo2
02-05-2013, 01:06 AM
I spent plenty of time clearing out that shithole during Katrina. . . I know it inside out and upside down with and without lights. Theres no way I would be there for sporting event even if it was a all expense paid trip! I would rather sit in a small mom & pop restaurant I tend to favor right off of Royal & Conti just outside of the french quarter.

This about the 5th time I have heard that it was a shithole....from folks that worked the Katrina thing.

Domeguy
02-05-2013, 01:20 AM
[QUOTE=Evolver;56340]All play. :)

I would grab the hand of who ever it was with me and start heading down to the field by crawling over seats...

After making sure my wife was securely attached to me, and after spending over 5 hours, crawling through the worst the city had to offer, and what seemed like mile after mile of piles of garbage, with the stench of human waste wafting through our nostrils, after telling her over and over how much I love her, and that everything would be OK, we would arrive in the parking lot and find out I had in fact been dragging a large person of ethnic origin with me...PS. My wife is not a large ethnic person.

Stormfeather
02-05-2013, 02:06 AM
This about the 5th time I have heard that it was a shithole....from folks that worked the Katrina thing.

Well, back then, it sure was. I personally cleared out at least 15 bodies out of that place, in all sorts of various stages of decay, and all but one the obvious victim of violence while in the building. Theres no love for the Superdome from me, and there never will be. I witnessed how depraved human beings can actually be inside that building, moreso than Ive seen in the 25 years of military duty to my country.

Sniper-T
02-05-2013, 11:44 AM
...we would arrive in the parking lot and find out I had in fact been dragging a large person of ethnic origin with me...PS. My wife is not a large ethnic person.

Is this a win-win, or...?

ak474u
02-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Is this a win-win, or...?

Urban camo?

Kodiak
02-05-2013, 01:59 PM
I doubt i would attend a superbowl to begin with, but for shits and giggles...

I would wait a little bit to see if the lights came back on, im not one for jumping to conclusions. But if after checking my phone and seeing that it was not working I would assume that it was some sort of EMP event and try my best to get the hell out of dodge. I like the idea of heading down to the field, but seeing that its the superbowl and I prob dont have the best seats in town (prob be in the nose bleed section), I doubt it would be possible to make it against the horde of drunkards between me and the field.

Im assuming that it would be pitch black in there so the best strategy may be to find a hiding place and wait it out, at least until the crowd thins out. Its hard enough getting out of a stadium with the lights on and everyone not panicking.

David Armstrong
02-12-2013, 06:01 PM
I'm not in any hurry and don't see any reason to get in a hurry, so Me and mine just settle down in our seats and wait for a few hours while the crowd clears out and the craziness settles down. Then we'd grab our little LED keychain lights and head for the nearest exit. Might even hole up tight and wait for the next morning.