PDA

View Full Version : Back to normal.

LUNCHBOX
06-07-2011, 01:07 AM
I have noticed that in the last couple months that some individuals have ventured away from the thought of any problems in the near future. Now this is people/sheeple that I have talked to myself. When gas and food costs were going up steadily they were all about what should I do and now prices have lowered some and they are saying well "its back to normal" -- for me its like I want to try and set them straight but on the other hand why bother and find something I need sold out..jk..lol. I still try but some just think everything will be ok. Has anyone else noticed everyone going on about with the daily routine like $4.00 gas never even happened?

bacpacker
06-07-2011, 02:01 AM
I have a little. Having said that most folks I work with don't want to think anything can happen, so I don't bother any more unless asked a question. Some family has kinda trended that way a little, but I do try and keep their eye's on the ball.

To me I'm just taking the opportunity to keep adding to the preps. Bout time for another SAMS run I think.

ak474u
06-07-2011, 03:43 AM
It's just the typical American mindset, even though things are tough we're still the land of plenty, and things always do get better, even if just marginally. Is it a false sense of security? yup, but that's the way it is. I still try, but look at the majority of people! It's like 9-11 never happened and it hasn't even been a decade. The good news is, prepper sites are awash with new members, gun ownership is at all time highs, and concealed carry is at all time highs, there's still hope.

RedJohn
06-07-2011, 11:14 AM
This is unfortunately the world mindset. As long as they still have their entertainment, people don't care anymore. The powers have noted it and now do what they want.

LUNCHBOX
06-07-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this mindset. It just gets me that these are some of the same people that had questions when there was signs of trouble. AAAAAAAHHHHHHH, f-it, they'll figure it out.

piranha2
06-08-2011, 10:40 PM
We went on a fishing trip this morning and my SIL was beside himself that gas was ONLY 3.60 when we filled the boat up. I reminded him that the .gov had trained him to think that $2.00 gas was cheap at $3.60.

Thor827
06-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Bread and circuses friends. After seeing the civil unrest that has already happened (still happening, check Bessemer, Al), I think people are in for a shock this summer.