PDA

View Full Version : The Alaska dream

Dropy
02-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Well god has really taken care of, as usual. Wife will get full retirement this year and we moving to Alaska this august. So we will rent the first year while we look for land.

eagle326
02-14-2013, 10:53 PM
Outstanding Dropy!!!!!
May it all fall in line for you and the wife. I know you've been working on this for awhile from our talks and I'm really happy that it's falling into place for you.

bacpacker
02-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Excellent news Dropy! I am more than a little jealous of this move. :) I know you guys are going to enjoy yourselves. I am very excitied for you all.

Grumpy Old Man
02-15-2013, 12:09 AM
WooHoo Dropy!! The Lord works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform. I'm happy for you my friend and wish you the best of luck on your move. ( Believe me I know how hard it is)

4suchatimeasthis
02-15-2013, 01:01 AM
That's fantastic! When you eventually make it up there, I hope you post lots of pictures. I'm a sucker for Alaska.....*sigh*.....someday....

Sniper-T
02-15-2013, 01:05 AM
Congrats Dropy!

Any general area in mind?

robsdak
02-15-2013, 02:30 AM
man, good for you guys, i am jealous!!! living up there would be awesome, but not for me anymore. just a dream.

Dropy
02-15-2013, 09:53 PM
We will probably begin in the anchorage/Wasilla/palmer area. We will use this area as a central locale from which we will branch out our exploiring until we finally find what we are looking for. HOPEFULLY I can turn it into a lodge type of business in the next couple of years. BIG DISCOUNTS FOR FELLOW ANTS!!! =))

Evolver
02-15-2013, 11:00 PM
We will probably begin in the anchorage/Wasilla/palmer area. We will use this area as a central locale from which we will branch out our exploiring until we finally find what we are looking for. HOPEFULLY I can turn it into a lodge type of business in the next couple of years. BIG DISCOUNTS FOR FELLOW ANTS!!! =))

Great News!!!! Justa and I would love to be one of your first costumers. Seeing, River fishing Alaska and filling a bear/caribou/moose tag is on my bucket list. :)

Dropy
02-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Well it is very hard to get a hunting guides license, but I don't see no issue with 2 friends going on a hunting trip together =). Same goes for fishing, though fishing guide license IS easier to get.

You pay your plane ticket there, I will pick you up at the airport, you pay for your hunting/fishing tags. I will cover the rest. Bear hunts in Alaska START at 5,000$ PLUS your tag and transportation.

Sniper-T
02-16-2013, 04:01 PM
hmmm... I'd love to get back up to Alaska! Been too long!

piranha2
02-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Its on my bucket list. I will be watching closely.

Evolver
02-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Bear hunts in Alaska START at 5,000$ PLUS your tag and transportation.
Dang!!! Looks like I need to win the lottery too. :)

ladyhk13
02-18-2013, 05:14 AM
It's been on our list too. Not sure about the hunting since it's so expensive but I just want to see the countryside, the arts, maybe a polar bear or two (and not the one at the airport). I overheard a woman from Alaska telling someone the other day that the gov't there brings salmon into channels for people to just scoop up into nets for free. She said last season she got 40lbs. I don't know what town she lived in but that's pretty cool if you like salmon.

luckyalaska98
02-22-2013, 07:33 AM
Welcome to Alaska in advance. I live in Wasilla. Dont believe everything you hear about Alaska and darn sure dont believe any of the UNreality shows about us on tv.

Sniper-T
02-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Welcome aboard Lucky!

Lady, I don't know about them "bringing the salmon in", but my brother lived there for 12 years and did his fair share of scooping. There is a licencing requirement, and there are daily and possession limits.

spirit
02-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Good luck Dropy...I think I am just a [I]little[I] jealous.

Stormfeather
02-26-2013, 01:12 AM
Yup... . jealous!

Dropy
03-06-2013, 01:03 AM
Spent the weekend in Vegas at the log Home builders association Log home building class. It was AWESOME!! I recommend it to ANYONE who wants to build there own, and learn how to do it a for a LOT less money than going with a kit!

We soaked up the class info and cant wait to put it to use.

bacpacker
03-06-2013, 01:15 AM
Sounds like some good recon Dropy. Feel free to share the info. :)

4suchatimeasthis
03-06-2013, 01:43 AM
Feel free to share the info.

But I thought what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas? ;)

Willie51
03-07-2013, 03:48 AM
Dropy, just saw your post about moving to Alaska. Congratulations bud. We were there this summer and it was one of the best trips of my life!! We pigged out on salmon and dungenous crab. I may have a chance to go back this June with a friend of mine for a salmon fishing trip to Fairbanks. Hope it works out.