PDA

View Full Version : SOG Jungle Primitive Field Test

ElevenBravo
02-18-2013, 01:39 AM
Not a big test, but enough to get the feel for the knife... Its a keeper, but nothing special to write home about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldmvj-uVdl8

EB

robsdak
02-18-2013, 04:42 AM
thanks for the review and all the vids you do. just my opinion. i am just not a fan of bigger knives, proper tool proper job thing. but, again just me.

ElevenBravo
02-18-2013, 07:48 PM
just my opinion. i am just not a fan of bigger knives, proper tool proper job thing. but, again just me.
If there is a deeper critique of my use of the tool, please speak out... I gotta learn as I go too!

Thanks for your kind words BTW... IVe got more vids to do but limited time..
EB

FL-Jeeper
02-19-2013, 01:59 AM
You used that beast just like I would. While I prefer a 3" to 4" folder for everyday use, in the woods & around camp I find a nice big blade very useful. My current camp knife is a classic leather grip Ka-bar in a kydex sheath.

Edit: to add to that, for choppin trees, I prefer a small hatchet. Of which I have a few ;)

robsdak
02-19-2013, 03:09 AM
If there is a deeper critique of my use of the tool, please speak out... I gotta learn as I go too!

Thanks for your kind words BTW... IVe got more vids to do but limited time..
EB

not a critiquing you or your usage of the blade. you did fine. just i don't really care for a knife that big. it's a 'use what you got thing', i understand that. showing what can be done. i just prefer to use a hatchet or saw to cut wood. for me, knives like that are 'gimmick' knives. they look good, but as you found out the saw back didn't work out of the box. needs to be tweaked as it were.

believe me, i have spent a fortune on knives. some are worth the money, some are junk. i went thru Buck, Kershaw, Gerber, several customs just to name a few. i am down to 4/5 knives now. the ones that i didn't like i gave to folks who needed them. i recently had a local guy make a Kydex sheath integrated into my Jumbo Versipac for my Buck Strider 888 Solutions, i carry a Buck Strider folder 889??? and i keep a SOG folder over the visor. also have an Estwing 24A and the Campers Ax and two saws one framed and a folder in the tool box.