PDA

View Full Version : Hi Ya'll

wickedwoman
02-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I'm a newbie from Oklahoma...far northern part! Not many preppers that I can find up in this area, so really looking for people to share their knowledge of prepping...everything from food to tactical. Husband, daughter and I are pretty much the only family members in to this...can't seem to wake the rest of them up yet but still working on them!

Sniper-T
02-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Welcome WW, seen a couple of your posts already, and looking forward to reading more... Particularly about the dehydrating you do. If time permits, I am going to try to do a batch of lasagne yet this week.

Again, welcome aboard!

wickedwoman
02-19-2013, 10:31 PM
I haven't done any lasagna yet but think I might try it...if you beat me to it...let me know how it goes!!!! I've been doing a lot of fruits and veggies....in fact, have 4 trays of onions going now so you can imagine what my house smells like...lol. The husband isn't going to like it..again but he'll get over it when we have the food we need later on down the road! I'm hoping to learn to can shortly...my mother and grandmother always did but I never took the time to learn.

robsdak
02-19-2013, 10:35 PM
yep, welcome from the Panhandle of Florida. (the good part) :)

bacpacker
02-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Welcome in from East Tn. Glad you decided to join the colony. I look forward to reading more of your postings.

4suchatimeasthis
02-19-2013, 11:39 PM
Glad to have another woman on board! Welcome :)

I for one always loved the smell of dehydrating onions, they smell like french-onion soup to me, lol.

Taz Baby
02-20-2013, 01:20 AM
Welcome to the family. Don't forget to tell hubby to join too. There's lots of stuff on here for him as well. Great to see more women joining up. Check out the ladies form if you haven't already. We have some good threads in there for just the girls.

2die4
02-20-2013, 01:54 AM
Welcome!

Stormfeather
02-20-2013, 03:49 AM
WW, welcome to the boards from Southern Wisconsin!

Katrina
02-20-2013, 05:45 AM
WW Welcome !
From Mid-Michigan

wickedwoman
02-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

RedJohn
02-20-2013, 04:58 PM
Welcome to the colony.

msomnipotent
02-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Welcome!

Evolver
02-20-2013, 10:53 PM
Welcome from FL. Looking forward to see you on the boards.:)

piranha2
02-20-2013, 11:48 PM
Welcome again from Florida.

Stormfeather
02-21-2013, 12:08 AM
Whats with all these damn florida people?!?!? Damn them and their nice weather! Probably wearing flipflops and cargo shorts and ugly tourista floral pattern shirts! Damn Them I say!!!!

robsdak
02-21-2013, 02:13 AM
Whats with all these damn florida people?!?!? Damn them and their nice weather! Probably wearing flipflops and cargo shorts and ugly tourista floral pattern shirts! Damn Them I say!!!!

LOOK!! don't hate the player, hate the game....:p not really nice here, can't decide between rain or cold. as far as flip-flops, nope... Carhartt short sleeve pocket t, athletic shorts, Merrill Moabs with ankle sox. :rolleyes:

FL-Jeeper
02-21-2013, 12:06 PM

It's actually been kinda crappy lately. We had a nasty cold snap last week & the low dipped to 32. Come on Spring!

Oh, and howdy from Florida!!!

mitunnelrat
02-21-2013, 01:46 PM
LOL! 32 is not a nasty cold snap, at least not in my neck of the woods! :p

I'm currently at 22, and that's warmer than I expected.

Sniper-T
02-22-2013, 02:11 PM
32? 22? you call that cold? we're having a bit of a reprieve right now, but it has been between -22 and -32 F for the past few weeks.

Grumpy Old Man
02-23-2013, 01:42 PM
Welcome from the resident curmudgeon in the pecan grove, WW.

wickedwoman
02-26-2013, 12:06 AM
Thanks again for the warm welcome...that's about the only thing warm tonight in Oklahoma. Right now we have a couple of inches of snow and ice on the ground and blizzard like conditions moving in later tonight with 12-24 inches possible by the time this crap is over and done with. I'm tired of the cold...I would much rather be in Florida, or someplace warm and I don't care if it's raining

Evolver
02-26-2013, 12:26 AM
Thanks again for the warm welcome...that's about the only thing warm tonight in Oklahoma. Right now we have a couple of inches of snow and ice on the ground and blizzard like conditions moving in later tonight with 12-24 inches possible by the time this crap is over and done with. I'm tired of the cold...I would much rather be in Florida, or someplace warm and I don't care if it's raining

lol the grass is always greener in someone else's yard. I'm in FL and today was friggen HOT and humid, it's February, it's WINTER and it's only going to get hotter and MORE humid,:confused: what I would do for a chill in my bones. :confused: :) If your cold you can bundle up... if is hot... you can do nothing but crank up the AC if you don't mind being indoors/incar during the whole day.

bacpacker
02-26-2013, 12:44 AM
I'm betting the snow will help a lot in bringing up ground moisture for the growing season.