PDA

View Full Version : "TN" get together

LUNCHBOX
03-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Well everyone, we can't call it a "meet and greet" this time but it is March already. I was thinking maybe we all look at May or June for a little get-away. Everyone ok with that timeframe? I say we put some weekends out there and see what we can come up with.

We are planning the meet for June 14th and 15th (Friday/Saturday)

RedJohn
03-21-2013, 09:50 AM
Still not states-side at this time and probably won't be at this period, so I won't be able to attend. :(

izzyscout21
03-21-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm down. I'd love to get together again.

mitunnelrat
03-29-2013, 06:52 AM
I'm in. How does the weekend of June 15th sound? I can get a week off pretty easy then and not have to travel as hard as last time.

LUNCHBOX
03-29-2013, 09:50 AM
Myself and Kodiak are in.

MTR, you think you could move this thread to Town Hall so everyone has access? I don't know why I posted it here in the first place.

Twitchy
03-29-2013, 12:11 PM
If it was later on in July or so I may be able to make it. June ill still be in emt clinicals.

izzyscout21
03-30-2013, 04:50 AM
As far as i know, im good for that time frame

Grumpy Old Man
03-30-2013, 08:35 PM
I may just try to wander up for that

mitunnelrat
03-30-2013, 09:20 PM
That would be awesome

ladyhk13
03-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Will have to look at our schedule but would love to get together again. Will try to find a dog sitter this time. MTR do you think your mom will be ok with you meeting everyone this time? :)

mitunnelrat
03-30-2013, 09:44 PM
Yep, I'll be free to turn off and "lose" my phone this time ;)

Taz Baby
03-30-2013, 09:58 PM
We have a Galactic Expo to go to May 18-19, in Nashville but after that we might can if it is on a weekend. Where in TN exactly is this going to be?

mitunnelrat
03-30-2013, 10:10 PM
Location hasn't been discussed too much, Taz. There was actually some talk last year of the Red River Gorge in KY, but I really think it'll depend on how many say they're in and where they're coming from.

Domeguy
03-31-2013, 07:53 PM
Domegal and I would be able to make it any weekend.

mitunnelrat
03-31-2013, 08:40 PM
Will have to look at our schedule but would love to get together again. Will try to find a dog sitter this time. MTR do you think your mom will be ok with you meeting everyone this time? :)

I just thought of something. Are you gonna worry about bringing a book again? ;)

mitunnelrat
03-31-2013, 08:42 PM
Btw, I think its great to see the increased interest in this meet. :D.

ladyhk13
04-01-2013, 05:50 AM
I just thought of something. Are you gonna worry about bringing a book again? ;)

Not if there is alcohol involved....you are way too funny and all the entertainment I would need :)

mitunnelrat
04-01-2013, 06:33 PM
What alcohol? I recall some grape juice, but no alcohol. Of course, I was sleep deprived...

Maybe that's what made me seem funny!

ETA: or am I funny because you were drinking?

LUNCHBOX
04-02-2013, 11:43 PM
With the show of interest from our TN members, we can arrange the meet down there again.

ARguy is a new member from my area and is planning on attending also.

izzyscout21
04-03-2013, 12:28 AM
Sweetness.

Katrina
04-03-2013, 04:39 AM
Man o man I wish I could get down there and meet you all but we have a sort of shtf situation coming up, can't go into it here just yet. Have a great time mt and give lady and taz a hug for me ok?

LUNCHBOX
04-03-2013, 04:46 AM
Ok ladies and gentlemen...after talking to Tunnelrat on the phone earlier, we are planning the meet for June 14th and 15th (Friday/Saturday) This will be the primary date.

Lady, you guys can bring your puppies, I don't think anyone had issues with them.

mitunnelrat
04-04-2013, 03:40 AM
Yep, I'd be more than happy to see those two again myself, as long as I don't look like a green wookie when I do ;)

Other than that I've been looking at locations. I liked last year's site, but I saw Fall Creek Falls State Park when I was looking at my map.

It has more to offer in trails and fishing, and looks as if it would still be pretty central for ya'll.

http://www.tn.gov/environment/parks/FallCreekFalls/activities/#hiking

I love catfish, and catching some would allow me to more easily contribute to the meal plan. It'd definitely be way fresher than anything I transported from here.

mitunnelrat
04-04-2013, 03:43 AM
Katrina, is there anything I can help with in whatever's hitting you?

Domeguy
04-04-2013, 04:10 AM
I am not sure who is in charge of planning this get together, but if you need any help, just give me a yell. I have a LOT of free time on my hands.

mitunnelrat
04-04-2013, 04:57 AM
I don't know that I'd say any one of us is in charge, Domeguy. We operate pretty well on group think and collective effort.

With that said, I'm willing to bet something comes up where someone will give you a yell or you'll see something you wanna do.

Katrina
04-04-2013, 05:14 AM
MT see PM and thanks I appreciate it

Willie51
04-05-2013, 03:45 AM
Songbird and I would love to try and make that weekend.

mitunnelrat
04-05-2013, 04:35 AM
We'd be glad to see you two.

mitunnelrat
04-05-2013, 04:53 AM
By the way, I'm counting 14 interested/ may be able so far I think:

Me
LB
Kodiak
ARGuy
izzy
Grumpy
Domeguy/ Domegal
LHK/ Riverrat
Taz +1 (I think, she didn't specify)
Willie51/ Songbird

Taz Baby
04-05-2013, 01:01 PM
yes taz + 1

- - - Updated - - -

have you decided where the meet is? or did I miss that?

mitunnelrat
04-05-2013, 01:08 PM
There's been no decision on that yet.

Someplace central to everyone in TN and dog friendly is what we need I believe.

izzyscout21
04-06-2013, 04:03 AM
Yeah, i like having Panzer and Jemma around. Dog friendly is good

Domeguy
04-06-2013, 01:37 PM
But how do I tell my 4 cats now they don't get to go now. It's all they have been talking about this week. Patty was going to get her nails done, and was even thinking about getting about getting her tail curled! And Brother, Bear, and Harry have been practicing bringing down big game for the cookout.;)

Taz Baby
04-06-2013, 02:09 PM
They better practice their ninja skills

Domeguy
04-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Brother saw a cat fight once, from a safe distance, of course. Does that count?

mitunnelrat
04-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Just found this:
"Can I bring my pet camping?
All state park campgrounds allow cats and dogs. Pets must be on a leash and must not be left unattended. Proof of rabies shots and a physical description of the animals may be required upon request. Certain areas such as picnic areas, beaches, swim areas and foodservice areas may be restricted to pets. Please remember that these are natural areas and domestic and wild animals sometimes have confrontations. Please take a look at our Pet Policy" http://www.tnstateparks.com/policies.shtml#pets.

It appears we're cleared pretty well here.

mitunnelrat
04-07-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm still lobbying for Fall Creek Falls. ;) I think I'd like to come down early/ stay longer and do the overnight trails.

Willie51
04-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Is the date set for June 14th & 15th for sure? We have a trip up to Wisconsin for a family reunion later in June and we may try to combine the two trips since we will be coming from Florida, so just wanted to plan ahead.

Also, since Tunnelrat loves catfish (Songbird & I do too), we should do a "fish fry" either Friday or Saturday night. I can bring my fish fryer. Just a thought.

ladyhk13
04-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Haven't been on in a while, sorry...other obligations. Will probably have to drug the dogs this time. They aren't used to being on a leash and are totally spastic. They are fine if not on it and will listen and lie down right next to ya. And if Taz brings her dog it's gonna be a crazy weekend since they all love to play together and if they are all on leashes there is no way they can play (she's a squeaker!!!). Not sure what we'll do yet, haven't even discussed this all with BWRR since we've been busy with the lawsuit and ton's of other things...been just too crazy.

mitunnelrat
04-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Yeah... No! Lol. Izzy had related the concern with keeping them leashed, but I had a little tunnel vision and couldn't see how to get around it with the leash rule applying to all parks state-wide.

It only just struck me that private campgrounds would have their own rules. I guess that's what you get for having a tunnel rat looking at things, he's bound to have tunnel vision sometimes. ;)

I don't want to do that to the dogs so I'll keep looking. A quick search let me know there are more dog friendly options available. I'll get some more info and shoot ya'll a message once I have something solid.

ElevenBravo
04-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Watching... Checking work sch and time off.

Have already spoke with Iz on LL.

EB

mitunnelrat
04-07-2013, 11:06 PM
We'd love to have you there.

LUNCHBOX
04-08-2013, 01:49 AM
This is looking good.

Lets set that weekend in stone. June it is.

Domeguy, as MTR said...no "one is really in control" so if you find a campground or have any ideas feel free to attach/ask them here.

Domeguy
04-08-2013, 03:35 AM
Your wish is my command! See, I told you I was pretty good at this butt kissing/sucking up stuff.:)

Taz Baby
04-08-2013, 11:41 AM
We would not be bringing our dog as it would be to much trouble trying to keep up with her. She wouldn't be able to run free like she is use to and being tied up is out of the question. She is leash trained but having to be on one most of the time would not be fair to her. At least when we travel she is allowed to be set free inside the motel room, at a campsite she would still have to be on a leash. I do not believe in tying a animal up at all. But I did see on some of the camping places they have cabins you can get and that might be an option. A few could bunk up together and split the cost of the cabin. Then the people who have dogs could at least set them free inside and if we went on a hike or something that you did not want your dog to go, they could just be left inside with out worry, unless they like tearing things up. Our does not, just a thought.

Domeguy
04-09-2013, 07:12 AM
Domegal, myself, and daughter & son-in-law, are going to drive up to Fall Creek Falls this weekend unless something happens.
If anyone has never been there, it is gorgeous. My son & I used to camp there every spring when he was younger. Yes, they do have cabins, and I will check on the prices and availability for the July weekend. I will also check out other camp sites in the area. If anyone has any specific questions, or anything else you want me to check on, just let me know.

Kodiak
04-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Fall Creek Falls has my vote.

Taz Baby
04-09-2013, 01:57 PM
falls creek sounds good

ladyhk13
04-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Is this June or July?

mitunnelrat
04-09-2013, 10:17 PM
June 14th and 15th.

ladyhk13
04-09-2013, 10:24 PM
That's what I thought you said but Domeguy said he was going to check on availability in July.

Domeguy
04-10-2013, 12:57 AM
My apologies, I meant June.
I had been without sleep for about 40 hrs when I wrote that.

LUNCHBOX
04-10-2013, 10:48 AM
I like the look of Falls Creek also. This is starting to come together pretty good.

Domeguy....(since you know the location) would you be willing to head up the site reservations once we get solid numbers?

As far as questions, could you find out if there are military or law enforcement discounts at this campground?

Domeguy
04-10-2013, 12:28 PM
I like the look of Falls Creek also. This is starting to come together pretty good.

Domeguy....(since you know the location) would you be willing to head up the site reservations once we get solid numbers?

As far as questions, could you find out if there are military or law enforcement discounts at this campground?

It would be my honor sir!

Domeguy
04-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Right now as of 7:30 AM Central time, there are no cabins available, but there could be a cancelation at any time. And for the Inn, they have 1 room with 2 double beds, 1 room with 1 queen bed, and 5 rooms with a king size bed available at this time for both nights. The doubles and queens rent for $92.23 inc. tax per night, and the king rooms rent for $105.08 inc. tax per night. Camp sites can be reserved ahead of time, but must be paid in full first. Sites are $20 per night, and $55 per night with sewer hook-up.

- - - Updated - - -

They only give discounts for active duty military personal at 25%. No discount for non active duty, Fire, Police, Rescue.

Domeguy
04-10-2013, 01:05 PM
I just snatched up one of the King rooms.

Domeguy
04-10-2013, 01:25 PM
The number for the Inn is 1-800-250-8610, and for camp sites, the park office number is 1-423-881-5298

LUNCHBOX
04-11-2013, 04:30 AM
^^^^Thanks for the info. If you get over there soon, let us know how it looks in person.

mitunnelrat
04-11-2013, 11:20 PM
site reservations once we get solid numbers?

I think we can figure this out pretty well already, LB.

Fall Creek Falls allows one camping unit trailer/ camper/ motorhome from the looks of it, per campsite, and up to 3 tents on the same site.

This tells me already that you, Kodiak, and ARGuy will be on one site. We'll say me, izzy, and EB on a 2nd.
Domeguy and Domegal appear to be sleeping in the hotel, so that leaves Grumpy, Riverrat/ LHK, Taz +1, and Willie/ Songbird.

I say we just reserve 4 sites, so even if they all choose to sleep in tents we're covered. If not we can just spread those of us who are out a little bit more, and have the extra parking available. If Domeguy has paypal I can send him the money now for the reservations, and we'll be golden by the end of this weekend.

robin48
04-12-2013, 12:47 AM
As much as I work I probably wouldn't be able to camp but will probably come by to meet you folks. I don't live to far from there.

Taz Baby
04-12-2013, 01:11 AM
Because I can't see the future, Don't count us in just yet. We are in the middle of building and we might not be done in June. If we can make it we can always get a motel room and just spend the days with everyone. At this point that seems to be the best bet for us. As june gets closer I will know more.

mitunnelrat
04-12-2013, 01:45 AM
Hey robin, that'd be great!

And I understand that Taz, building is a lot of work. I haven't done much myself, but my dad does it for a living, so I've had enough experiences to know its definitely a process.

Domeguy
04-12-2013, 05:13 AM
I think we can figure this out pretty well already, LB.

Fall Creek Falls allows one camping unit trailer/ camper/ motorhome from the looks of it, per campsite, and up to 3 tents on the same site.

This tells me already that you, Kodiak, and ARGuy will be on one site. We'll say me, izzy, and EB on a 2nd.
Domeguy and Domegal appear to be sleeping in the hotel, so that leaves Gr , Riverrat/ LHK, Taz +1, and Willie/ Songbird.

I say we just reserve 4 sites, so even if they all choose to sleep in tents we're covered. If not we can just spread those of us who are out a little bit more, and have the extra parking available. Ifomeguy has paypal I can send him the money now for the reservations, and we'll be golden by the end of this weekend.

YES...i do have paypal and can put all the payments for reservations in my name and pay for them this weekend. But I have a question. Domegal isn't much of a outdoorsy kind of a person, and she thought most people would be camping in their motor homes or trailers, or getting rooms,and to keep her happy, I got the room. Is any else going to get any rooms, because I would rather be in a tent with the rest of the group.

apssbc
04-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Coming to this late. I'm interested in going for sure. Depending on what happens with this new job will dictate everything as I can't take any time off. But if I'm able ill be there.

mitunnelrat
04-12-2013, 09:05 PM
We were all in tents last year Domeguy, but that obviously isn't anything that needs to be set in stone. I really do think 4 sites will give us ample room for everyone, so I figured I'd cover that cost as my contribution to the group. Thanks for helping with that, I sent a pm with my contact info so we can get this coordinated.

mitunnelrat
04-13-2013, 03:31 AM
Ok. I talked to Domeguy for a few minutes tonight, and he's going to recon the campground and secure our sites.

LUNCHBOX
04-13-2013, 04:23 AM
Thanks goes out to Domeguy and MTR for thier contribution. I think four (4) sites will do also...if we need to we could just switch to a bigger tent to allow more boddies and still have three (3) tents per instead of using single man tents.

I hope everyone can show that is showing interest. It should be another good time.

mitunnelrat
04-13-2013, 04:25 AM
Larger tents are a excellent idea if needed too. Great thinking LB

LUNCHBOX
04-13-2013, 04:35 AM
No problem, I know Kodiak has a larger tent (of course you saw him so you know why MTR)

mitunnelrat
04-13-2013, 04:40 AM
I'll be rolling out something a "bit" larger this time too.

Domeguy
04-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Domegal and I drove up to Fall Creek Falls on Sunday and drove through all the campsites. We chose 4 sites together in section B, B113, B114, B115, and B116. The confirmation # is 141130414-010099, for June 14-15, with a checkout no later than 3:00pm on Sunday. I can't post attachments yet (too low on the totem poll), so I am sending a map, camp rules and regulations, and a copy of the receipt. Please let me know if anything needs to be changed.

Twitchy
04-17-2013, 03:22 AM
damn... missed this one, right in the middle of clinicals... I was going to try to make it! Oh well, maybe next time!!

mitunnelrat
04-17-2013, 05:55 PM
That sucks man. Hopefully next time.

mitunnelrat
04-18-2013, 05:55 PM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn165/mitunnelrat/Scan0002_zps60b066a7.jpg (http://s304.photobucket.com/user/mitunnelrat/media/Scan0002_zps60b066a7.jpg.html)

Domeguy
04-19-2013, 02:08 AM
That's one more I can check off of my bucket list. Since you posted the map with my writing on it, this now makes me a 'published author'. Now my next check mark is to get my hands on one of them there shiny Oscars. I like shiny things. Have your people call my people and we'll do that lunch thing.

Twitchy
04-19-2013, 02:43 AM
That sucks man. Hopefully next time.

I'll certainly try... I may be in the TN area in late july, maybe we could setup something small...

LUNCHBOX
04-27-2013, 07:13 AM
Kodiak, ARguy and myself have gotten our days off and approved. We are a go at this point.....anyone else an absolute?

izzyscout21
04-27-2013, 01:05 PM
Im still going

Brownwater Riverrat 13
04-27-2013, 07:08 PM
After reading all this and all the "rules and regulations" we could always do it for free at our place. Complete with hot and cold running water, 200 yd gun range, camping down by a huge creek. Clean showers and toilets, indoor sleeping accomodations for the week and puney 4 wheeler transportation to and from the big house to the campground. Did I mention it's free? Oh and alcohol is permited in moderation.

We're back from the Bahamas two "vehicular collisions" later what did we miss?

ladyhk13
04-27-2013, 09:14 PM
After reading all this and all the "rules and regulations" we could always do it for free at our place. Complete with hot and cold running water, 200 yd gun range, camping down by a huge creek. Clean showers and toilets, indoor sleeping accomodations for the week and puney 4 wheeler transportation to and from the big house to the campground. Did I mention it's free? Oh and alcohol is permited in moderation.

We're back from the Bahamas two "vehicular collisions" later what did we miss?

Maybe we could think about that for next year since the plans have already been made for this year.

I do believe we are in....going to ask mommy to babysit the dogs! So, what about food this time around? What does everyone want to do? I think we need to keep LB away from the bacon though :)

LUNCHBOX
04-29-2013, 08:20 AM
^^^^Agreed.....we can look at the next meet since some have already did some legwork. Thanks for the invite though.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
04-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Maybe we could think about that for next year since the plans have already been made for this year.

I do believe we are in....going to ask mommy to babysit the dogs! So, what about food this time around? What does everyone want to do? I think we need to keep LB away from the bacon though :)

Maybe you could have said something before I stuck my tail out there? Makes ya wonder.........thanks for stompin on it.

LUNCHBOX
04-30-2013, 06:27 AM
Don't feel to bad Riverrat....she is trying to keep me from the bacon. (good luck with that)

Stormfeather
04-30-2013, 06:24 PM
Wish I had enough folks up in this area to set one of these up!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
04-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Well, I guess you know what the next line is going to say then..........."If you lived down here............blah, blah, blah" But you know you're as welcome as the next. You'll always have a seat at our table brother. Yes, that includes the family. As for the bacon.............stand in line!

mitunnelrat
05-02-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm hoping you know I'm still confirmed ;)

Just got my larger tent back too. This should be nice.

ladyhk13
05-03-2013, 05:35 AM
Don't feel to bad Riverrat....she is trying to keep me from the bacon. (good luck with that)

I don't know if that is possible at all. I have a feeling anyone who tries to keep the bacon from you will pull back a bloody stub! But I may have to try just for the fun of it.

Oh by the way.....................I noticed no one has mentioned CORNHOLE yet. Wonder why that is??? Hmmmm.

Kodiak
05-03-2013, 06:23 AM
Some cornholing can be arranged.

LUNCHBOX
05-03-2013, 09:48 AM
^^^^^^Did he really just say that?

mitunnelrat
05-03-2013, 07:19 PM
He really just said that.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
05-05-2013, 08:41 PM
He just killed the thread................now nobody's coming. Actually if they saw this guy in person they would run if he said that to them.

Taz Baby
05-13-2013, 11:45 AM
Since the house is a no go we will be coming too. Just. have to find a motel close by. Anyone know of a good cheap one or if anyone is staying at one maybe we can stay at the same one? The name and telephone number.

How many people are going to be at the greet n meet so far? If I can make enough between now and then I was going to bring some of my herbal medicine I am making for everyone to try, and maybe show you how to do it?

Brownwater Riverrat 13
05-13-2013, 05:23 PM
OK I guess it's time for a formal head count and see if we can slam a menu/venu together like we did last year.........that is if everyone is onboard with that?

Just the Lady and myself are coming as of right now the pups are staying home this time.

Taz Baby
05-13-2013, 10:35 PM
Well I for one do not want to spend all my time prepping food or cleaning up so I vote for simple easy food. But if there is a fire then there has to be smores. And since this trip will be my Birthday present I just might not do anything except have a good time and let DH do my share, :p

Tpatt n I are in

Grumpy Old Man
05-13-2013, 11:12 PM

I'd like to see that!

Taz Baby
05-13-2013, 11:19 PM
Is that with bean bags or corn cobs?

Stormfeather
05-13-2013, 11:55 PM

Right up until this statement. . . I was bemoaning my not being able to make it down there for such an event. . . .

Now. . . well. . . lets just say, theres only one part of my body that is still a virgin, and its going to stay that way.
I think I have to mow my grass that weekend, and no, thats not code for " I have to Manscape".

ladyhk13
05-14-2013, 06:32 AM

You have no idea......you missed it all last year. I think I was a little ignorant to the verbiage of certain things and the boys took it and ran with it. DUH.

Yeah, my birthday too...I say the guys wait on us hand and foot. Not that BWRR doesn't already do that now, I am just a tad spoiled :)

Brownwater Riverrat 13
05-15-2013, 12:16 AM
Understatement?............ah yeah......... But of course being spoiled is a two way street around here.

Kodiak
05-15-2013, 07:33 AM

I prefer bean bags, but i wouldnt count corn cobs out with the crew that will be down there...

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to see that!

Im sure Lunchbox could hook you up with one of his favorite por..i mean websites.

Taz Baby
05-15-2013, 01:47 PM
I was talking about the game people not being dirty at all. I heard that you can use beanbags or corn cobs to play. That is a half cob.

mitunnelrat
05-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Lol! A guy gets busy for a few days and this is what he misses? :D

Kodiak, your addition isn't any more reassuring than your initial comment...

Taz, the dirty humor on this goes back to the last meet when some of us first learned there actually is a game of such name. Hilarity ensued, and has continued. I'm just happy LB and Kodiak never mentioned it when they shared their plan to drop me in a holler in KY...

I am glad to hear ya'll will make it too, and don't worry about getting stuck handling any large tasks alone. We work as a team.

ladyhk13
05-16-2013, 07:23 AM
Guess she's going to have to get broke in slowly huh guys???? It'll be nice not to be the only blonde there this time!!! I've lived a sheltered life and it kind of showed last year but I'm prepared this time around.
As far as the food Taz, everyone brought stuff and everyone chipped in with the cooking and cleaning. I think LB needs to be watched a little closer this year though. He has this thing about bacon............

LUNCHBOX
05-16-2013, 07:24 AM
^^^^Team is exactly how it was last time.

ladyhk13
05-16-2013, 07:30 AM
Yup, and that's the way it should be. Ok, I don't want to get up at the crack of dawn and make coffee but I'm ok with everything else. It's fun with all of us prepping food around the picnic table and talking, it doesn't seem like work.

Willie51
05-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Songbird and I are about 50/50 right now. Our desires are to get to the M&G, but it will be last minute since she may have a gig that weekend. Hopefully we will know by June 1st.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
05-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Willie you and Songbird will miss out on breakfast. Which can be more entertaining than a Waffle House at 0300. Cooking coffee with a flame thrower. Blackened bacon, recochet biscuts. Or was it blackened coffee and flame thrower bacon? Anyway breakfast atire is always a bit ahhh good questionable conversation starters. Oh did I mention that the breakfast was very good? Besides, we'd all miss out on meeting the two of you. Like to hear some of those cave stories.

Willie51
05-16-2013, 06:15 PM
BWRR, You just convinced me....Waffle House can be very entertaining at 3am for sure. :rolleyes: Sounds like a very fun time and we would love to be there......we could use the break. Anyways, we are trying to work on the schedule to be free that weekend. And we do have some cave stories, some good and some not so good.

LUNCHBOX
05-17-2013, 04:53 AM
^^^We all hope you guys can work it out. It should be another very good time.

We need to pester Bacpacker so him and the misses show (at least to sit down for another meal)

ladyhk13
05-17-2013, 06:55 AM
Hey BP.....PESTER, PESTER, PESTER!!!! :)

Domeguy
05-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Mr. and Mrs. Dome would proudly like to accept your invitation and do hereby RSVP with a YES.....two please.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
05-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Hey I promise to eat the water melons this time instead of ballistic testing them. Hey ..........as per last years discussion. "What would the effects of a .22hp or round nose be on a mellon/person at 100yds?" She was skeptical and now she knows. Would it Crack someone's mellon? Sure............

ladyhk13
05-17-2013, 05:26 PM
^^^I do have to say it was a fun experiment. My mom did like the melons too. Nice and sweet.
Domeguy, if we can time it right we can figure out a place to meet up and follow each other up to the campsite if you want. Call me, I can't find your number. I'm such a tard.
We only have a month left so do you guys want to discuss food? We need a solid number of people so we can start planning and Domeguy when you looked at the sites can you tell me how big they are? Do we need to bring a small tent or our condo? Grumps will be on our site with us and who else? I have a lot of stuff going on so need to start getting organized.

Taz Baby
05-17-2013, 09:53 PM
2 here.

bacpacker
05-17-2013, 09:54 PM
Folks, i do appreciate being kept up on this event. At this point I am still not sure about the DW and myself. Just too much going on right now. I really hope we can make it, lots of good folks from last year and sounds like many new faces this year. That's gonna be fun.

Willie51
05-17-2013, 11:09 PM
^^^I do have to say it was a fun experiment. My mom did like the melons too. Nice and sweet.
Domeguy, if we can time it right we can figure out a place to meet up and follow each other up to the campsite if you want. Call me, I can't find your number. I'm such a tard.We only have a month left so do you guys want to discuss food? We need a solid number of people so we can start planning and Domeguy when you looked at the sites can you tell me how big they are? Do we need to bring a small tent or our condo? Grumps will be on our site with us and who else? I have a lot of stuff going on so need to start getting organized..

What's a TARD? :confused: :cool:

Taz Baby
05-18-2013, 01:04 AM
BP is there anything I can do to help you guys so you can make the trip? If so please let me know. I am so looking forward to meeting everyone.

bacpacker
05-18-2013, 01:55 AM
Thanks Taz. I don't really know of anything other than time, healing, and PT. Oh and more time! :)

mitunnelrat
05-18-2013, 08:26 PM
We only have a month left so do you guys want to discuss food?
I believe LB has some ideas here, but considering my recent discussion with him I'm wondering if anyone has a fish fryer if Willie and Songbird can't make it?

We need a solid number of people so we can start planningSolid right now is 11:
Me
LB
Kodiak
ARGuy
Izzy
You and BW
Taz + 1
Domeguy and gal

BP, his wife, Willie and Songbird are possibles, Robin48 is a possible day tripper.
Grumps will be on our site with us and who else? I have a lot of stuff going on so need to start getting organized.
I heard rumor Grumps won't be able to make it due to his his move and caring for his horses.

Domeguy when you looked at the sites can you tell me how big they are? Do we need to bring a small tent or our condo?

A couple of us anticipated there'd be a condo. Did you get last years repaired or replaced?

I don't think we'll need to worry about too much to keep us occupied, but if anyone has anything they'd like to teach or share (like Taz offered, thank you for that) I think that'd be awesome.

Grumpy Old Man
05-18-2013, 10:10 PM
MITR hit the nail on the head! After the pony move and the fencing purchases and being unemployed for a couple of months my disposable income is nil right now. Doggone the hard luck! Paraphrasing the Passover Prayer "Next year in Tennessee"

Brownwater Riverrat 13
05-19-2013, 01:25 AM
The "condo" is good to go. You know I'll have plenty of gas as well with a few extra hook-ups on the manifold. We can set up the common cooking and eating area as before if everyone is game.

mitunnelrat
05-19-2013, 01:39 AM
Site 114 will be good for the common area, imo and iirc from talking LB about it.. Its the furthest one from other campsites and will give us the most privacy while hanging out.

mitunnelrat
05-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Next year in TN will be a grand event as well. Here's to hoping everyone is healthy, wealthy, and free enough to make it.

ladyhk13
05-20-2013, 05:16 AM
MITR hit the nail on the head! After the pony move and the fencing purchases and being unemployed for a couple of months my disposable income is nil right now. Doggone the hard luck! Paraphrasing the Passover Prayer "Next year in Tennessee"

That's a bummer!!!! I was really looking forward to you coming up :( I will be holding you to next year Grumps.

- - - Updated - - -

What's a TARD? :confused: :cool:

Like a major brain dead idiot. Yeah, that's me....too much peroxide in the bottle I think :p

Willie51
05-23-2013, 01:33 AM
So, if Songbird and I can make it, is there still enough room for us to pitch a tent or do we need to call and make a reservation? We are trying real hard to work it out. Also, working to find a dog sitter for Poo-cha-cho.

mitunnelrat
05-23-2013, 02:36 AM
There's plenty of room for a tent

ladyhk13
05-23-2013, 05:27 AM

Yes, as I remember from last year someone had a little guest in their tent for the duration of the trip! Maybe another will show up!

- - - Updated - - -

Good idea since ya never know if one of ya'll will have another little tent guest like last year!

Willie51
05-23-2013, 02:42 PM
There's plenty of room for a tent

Okay thanks, we will hopefully know by next week.

mitunnelrat
05-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Good idea since ya never know if one of ya'll will have another little tent guest like last year!

I'm sure that's only because it was askeered of getting cornholed if it crossed the road.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
05-29-2013, 02:05 PM
OK I'm about caught up on my chores so I'm going to get busy and be proactive here.
Here's a traffic report for anyone coming up from the south:
Bonaroo (or what ever you call it) Music festival is going on at the same time. So if you are going to use I24 anywhere near Manchester, TN stay away!

More to follow, I have to spread fertilizer............

Brownwater Riverrat 13
05-31-2013, 02:29 AM
OK I think we need to do some coordinating now. I know we did quite a bit last year.
The lady and I will be bringing the following:
1- 8' folding table
1-100# bottle of propane (sorry didn't have a smaller one)I will have and extra plug in or two for anyone who needs to hook up a grill or light or whatever.
1-cooking table
2-coleman gas lanterns
2-coleman fuel lanterns
1-Gas grill (table top)
1-10gl fresh water container
1-big ass tent.
1-gallon of bug spray for perimeter (tent and restroom) good thing I brought it last year............
4-military cots
4-folding chairs
Asst. cooking utinsels & and flatware

food????? I vote for planning a menu as we did last year? Not hard to do, stick with the basics.

Breakfast:
eggs
bacon
sausage
Biscuts
juice
milk

Lunch:
You are on your own, eat what you brought.

Dinner:
Burgers & Dogs?
Steaks?
Chicken?
Potatoes
Biscuts
Corn on the cob?
Possum on the half shell

DRINKS???? you are on your own..........drink what you brought, read the park rules.

Firewood will be another issue.......

Again I'm throwing this out there...............

Also we don't have a head count. Last year people brought certain food items, ie, meat, potatoes, eggs, etc.
I think this should get the ball rolling, now let's get busy and get this hashed out cause it's just a couple of weeks yet.
Let's get to work, we's goin campin!

Domeguy
05-31-2013, 07:53 PM
I can bring as much fire wood as you might think we will need. And if I can bring anything else, someone just tell me...I'm a newbie.

Taz Baby
06-01-2013, 01:41 AM
I got the hot dogs, ice, corn on the cob, large ice chest, sausage links, coffee, coffee pot, sugar, cream, solar lights, lunch meat, bread, mustard, ketchup, mayo, 14 gal spring water, anything else?

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-01-2013, 02:56 AM
OK I'll try this again. No offense to anyone here.
We need a head count. This makes putting a menu together easy, knowing how many are coming makes buying the amount of food.......so we don't have any waste and everyone gets fed.
I'm pretty sure that the following are confirmed:
Myself
LadyHK
IzzyScout21
Lunchbox
Kodiak
Mitunnelrat
Domeguy and Domegal
Taz plus one!

Now please cut and paste or add as needed so we can get this thing organized. Or tell me that everyone here is going to fend for them selves and that's what makes this a great colony. Big smile, big smile!

mitunnelrat
06-01-2013, 07:26 AM
I hate doing it, but I need to back out this go 'round. I had some unexpected expenses come up, which weren't a problem in and of themselves, but with them came a (time sensitive) chance to settle one of my larger debts for a fraction of its total. I think ya'll know how high a priority that's been for me lately, and forward progress is the name of the game right now. Unfortunately the required sacrifice this time is our meet up.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-01-2013, 06:07 PM
I was really looking forward to seeing you again. But priorities come first, Who are we going to put in charge now? All is lost, all is lost............. damn that sucks MTR really. Keep us posted if things change, you know you'll always have a seat at our table.

Taz Baby
06-01-2013, 06:19 PM
We (taz and TPatt) are in but we are not staying at the camp ground. We will get a room at that motel in the park tho. We went to the park 2 weekends ago to check it out and from what we saw it is nice. But didn't go see the campsites tho, just drove thru, it was raining and hailing. Stopped at the little souvenir store in the park (There are 2 of them) and bought some really neat stuff. We all should stop there while we are camping. So it looks like 9 so far. I will buy enough for 12 how does that sound?

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-01-2013, 07:41 PM
I don't think we can go setting numbers just yet Taz. We/ I'm going to have to be patient till everyone chimes in. I know have have been silent pretty much over the whole thing till now and I'm jumping in full force because things have calmed down for me somewhat.

So you went and checked it out eh? Would have liked to know more but ya'll were chicken.

mitunnelrat
06-01-2013, 07:55 PM
This does suck, and I'm definitely not happy about it. I was looking forward to seeing everyone again, and meeting some more folks, even if LB and Kodiak did enlist extra help to dump me in Kentucky this year. :D

There is a long shot of an 11th hour save here, so I will keep everyone posted, but it requires work to finish calculating my back pay and getting it to me in the next week. Lets just say I'm not holding my breath. As it stands it took them 4 years to acknowledge they owe it, and its "only" been 10 weeks since then... Stranger things have happened though.

Failing that, maybe I could plan a little "walkabout" for later this year and just make the rounds

Domeguy
06-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Domegal and I are still a go, but at the last second, she might be having a bad hair day and back out and stay in the hotel room. But I will be there come hell or high water...unless there are spiders involved...I don't like spiders.:(
I can bring what ever may be needed. Like I said before, I've got lots of firewood already cut and stacked just looking for a match.

LUNCHBOX
06-03-2013, 01:19 AM
Myself, Kodiak and ARguy.....3. BWRR, we can set up a phone call soon for some food ideas.

(And I will be calling Tunnelrat with some ideas/offers)

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-03-2013, 12:42 PM
sounds good looking forward to it. I know everyone has schedules and commitments trying to get ready for this thing.

Stormfeather
06-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Sounds like it will be a great time!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-05-2013, 07:10 PM
Sounds like it will be a great time!
Yeah you said that last year. Too bad you can't make it, wouldn't mind smakin you around the campfire once or twice. What's a few hot coals amongst friends? We did have an excellent time last year this one should be even better. You know you'll get an AAR. More pics I'm sure as well.

izzyscout21
06-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Hey guys, I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-45 lbs of chicken I'll be bringing.

Willie51
06-06-2013, 01:39 AM
Howdy all.
Well, looks like we can not make it. We will be in central Florida for some training from next Tues thru Friday. Then we have to beat feet back to the panhandle Friday evening to meet some clients for the weekend. Last week I thought I had it worked out to come straight from the east coast of FL to TN. Yesterday, we got the call and work prevailed. :mad:

Heck, maybe we can look up Evolver and Justa or Onestep and his wife while down close to them.

We are disappointed, but maybe next time or maybe something in the fall before it gets too cold up there to camp.

Willie51 & Songbird

izzyscout21
06-06-2013, 01:42 AM
Willie, sorry to hear that.

who's bringin' the fryer?

turns out i have a whole yard bird in the mix with the rest if the pieces

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Hey guys, I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-45 lbs of chicken I'll be bringing.

What did you do slaughter your baby chickens? They were just babies man! what are they considered now, cornish hens? We can disgise them, no one will know the difference man.......AS to the fryer question, NO I don't have one but I have the gas supply as I said before. I could do some wing sauce. Are we talking wings, thighs, whole, halfs? Feed the monkey........

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-06-2013, 06:40 PM
OK, so I count 10 now......Can I get an AMEN? Of course will throw in Mr. Murph for a fudge factor.
Sorry to hear about you "Willie" and the Misses. maybe one day. This gives us something to work with now. Time for me to get to work and do some planning........after the grass man...........

Domeguy
06-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Please let me know if I can do any leg work for you.

LUNCHBOX
06-07-2013, 12:01 AM
We really don't have to fry....I have a feeling there may be a grill I can "FIRE" up. BWRR, if you want to mix a sauce you know we can figure a way to fix it.

Domeguy
06-07-2013, 02:50 AM
I know Domegal is wanting to bake some bread, and make some apple cinnamon
cobblers, both with the cast iron dutch ovens...what else can we do?

ladyhk13
06-09-2013, 05:40 AM
We really don't have to fry....I have a feeling there may be a grill I can "FIRE" up. BWRR, if you want to mix a sauce you know we can figure a way to fix it.

Who's bringing the fire extinguisher for LB????????? He's dangerous when it comes to flames and bacon. BWRR makes a mean bbq sauce so maybe I can talk him into making up a batch for the chickens....Izzy, you didn't kill your babies did you????????????????

Domeguy, tell Domegal fresh bread would be wonderful especially since I just picked fresh cherries today and will be making jam tomorrow so it'll be a perfect match!!!! I'll put butter on my list to bring.

Does anyone have a preference of sausage patties or links?

Do you think that by Wed we can have a complete list together since some of you will be coming down on Thursday?

Domeguy don't worry about spiders..I will scream loud enough to be heard in the next state if one comes near me. BWRR sprayed our tent, around it and even went over and did the bathroom and showers last year. Not a spider to be found. yup, he makes sure no screaming comes from these lips! You are safe.

Kodiak
06-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Im getting hungry...

bacpacker
06-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Folks, not so good news on this end. We are not gonna be able to make it down this time. Too much to go into, but it's just not practical right now. Hopefully next go around will work out better for us.
Everyone have a blast and most of all be safe in your travels.

Taz Baby
06-09-2013, 03:17 PM
With me joining in with Lady screaming when a spider comes around, Yep there won't be any around for miles, Our voices should kill them all. I second the notion on getting a real head count and menu now as we have to make a list to buy food.

Domeguy
06-09-2013, 03:55 PM
I second that motion of a final head count. Barring a death in the family or giant prepper eating spiders, put me down for 2.

izzyscout21
06-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Im still coming.

LUNCHBOX
06-10-2013, 04:49 AM
Ohio shows 3 for sure. (still have hopes MiTunnelrat can show)

Domeguy
06-10-2013, 06:43 AM
Taz Baby. "With me joining in with Lady screaming when a spider comes around"

I can just see us now, the three of us, all standing on the same commode, clinging to each other, and all of us screaming like little school girls (I'll be the loudest) waiting for some brave man to come and rescue us.

izzyscout21
06-11-2013, 02:17 AM
Hey guys, just FYI:

Between myself and Lunchbox, we're just about going to have a small scale flea market/ swap meet going on. If you want to bring anything to trade around/buy/ whatever, some of us will be doing that.

Just wanted to give a heads up.

mitunnelrat
06-11-2013, 03:25 AM
Unfortunately I am definitively out.

ladyhk13
06-11-2013, 04:35 AM
MTR that really stinks!!!!! Gonna really miss you man. If you have a chance to get away later on in the year let us know, you always have a place to stay even if it's not a big camp out with the group.

ladyhk13
06-11-2013, 04:42 AM
Im getting hungry...

You're a bear....you're always hungry!!!!

So it looks like there will be 10 of us?

Is there anyway we can put the list of what people are bringing all on one post so it's not spread out all over the place?

izzyscout21
06-11-2013, 08:33 PM
just talked to Lunchbox.

hes bringing

folding table,
giant skillet,
2 tabletop grills,
canopy,
utensils

Taz Baby
06-11-2013, 09:40 PM
just talked to Lunchbox.

hes bringing

folding table,
giant skillet,
2 tabletop grills,
canopy,
utensils

I said this already but just putting it with this as a menu type thing. Just quote this and add what you are bring so we can keep it all together on one page so to speak.

I got the hot dogs, ice, corn on the cob, large ice chest, sausage links, coffee, coffee pot, sugar, cream, solar lights, lunch meat, bread, mustard, ketchup, mayo, 14 gal spring water, anything else?

Taz Baby
06-11-2013, 11:51 PM
I just snatched up one of the King room s.
Is that room at the campground? If so can you give me a link to where I can go to get a room or cabin. I am on their site but I got lost on it some how and can't find my way around, lol. :D
I would much rather stay in the camp ground than in town

Domeguy
06-12-2013, 12:32 AM
Yes, the room is at the Inn at the Park. The phone # is 1-800-250-8610, and if anyone needs it, the phone # for the park office to reserve camp sites is 1-423-881-5298. At the date I called, (4-10) they did not have any cabins for that weekend, and at the inn, they had 1 double room, and 1 queen, both renting for $92.23, tax inc. per night, and 5 king bed rooms, 1 of which I took. They rent for $105.08 tax inc. per night for the weekend of June 14-15. I hope this helps.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-12-2013, 02:17 AM
Like I said Lady and I will take care of breakfast so i'll consolidate the list here and everyone else can cut and paste this thing and add on so we don't overlap and get redundant. This is what i see so far.............

BWWR/ LadyHK:
100# gas bottle
Table top gas grill
folding table
wash tub for dishes
dish soap
cooking utinsels...2 frying pans spatulas etc.
4-Coleman gas lanterns
2-gallons coleman fuel
7-gallons fresh water
Cooking table
eggs
BACON
biscuts
cherry jam!
home made BBQ suace for Izzy's yard birds.

Lunchbox:
folding table,
giant skillet,
2 tabletop grills,
canopy,
utensils

Taz:
hot dogs
ice
corn on the cob
large ice chest
sausage links
coffee
coffee pot
sugar
cream
solar lights
lunch meat
bread
mustard
ketchup
mayo
14 gal spring water

Domeguy/Domegal:
Firewood
Bread?
Pastries?
Delightful fat pills that I love so much!

MOre to follow...............

Sniper-T
06-12-2013, 02:36 AM
Dang, that sounds like it is going to be a blast! you guys don't want to move Tennessee a thousand miles North eh?

Domeguy
06-12-2013, 02:37 AM
I just want to double check here, when BWRR say they have got breakfast, is that for both mornings, and is it still a BYOL...bring your own lunch, and for supper/dinner a group meal again? I only ask because I'm not sure what the meal plans are. We can bring anything, meats, potatoes/salads, vegetables, etc. I know wifey wants to try and bake some iron kettle breads there, and some fruit cobblers for desert. We are more followers than leaders, and it might better for someone to just tell us what else we need to bring. Also, how much fire wood will be needed, such as how many camp sites times two, and also maybe a communal fire?

PS...We also have the stuff to make s'mores

izzyscout21
06-12-2013, 03:47 AM
Domeguy,

Sorry I missed your call.

As far as firewood goes, last time we just did a communal fire. I think that was easier, vs having to watch multiple campfires.

LUNCHBOX
06-12-2013, 04:05 AM
I just want to double check here, when BWRR say they have got breakfast, is that for both mornings, and is it still a BYOL...bring your own lunch, and for supper/dinner a group meal again? I only ask because I'm not sure what the meal plans are. We can bring anything, meats, potatoes/salads, vegetables, etc. I know wifey wants to try and bake some iron kettle breads there, and some fruit cobblers for desert. We are more followers than leaders, and it might better for someone to just tell us what else we need to bring. Also, how much fire wood will be needed, such as how many camp sites times two, and also maybe a communal fire?

We found last time one big family (Colony) fire worked fine. As it was said....your on your own for lunch, breakfast and dinner we all put in on. Once someone has started posting food lists you just go from there (add something new or bring more of the same)

LUNCHBOX
06-12-2013, 04:10 AM
Like I said Lady and I will take care of breakfast so i'll consolidate the list here and everyone else can cut and paste this thing and add on so we don't overlap and get redundant. This is what i see so far.............

BWWR/ LadyHK:
100# gas bottle
Table top gas grill
folding table
wash tub for dishes
dish soap
4-Coleman gas lanterns
2-gallons coleman fuel
7-gallons fresh water
Cooking table
eggs
BACON
biscuts
cherry jam!

Lunchbox:
folding table,
giant skillet,
2 tabletop grills,
canopy,
utensils

Taz:
hot dogs
ice
corn on the cob
large ice chest
sausage links
coffee
coffee pot
sugar
cream
solar lights
lunch meat
bread
mustard
ketchup
mayo
14 gal spring water

Domeguy/Domegal:
Firewood
Bread?
Pastries?

To add::::
Bratts
Metts
Hot dogs
Biscuits
Farm fresh eggs
Ketchup
Mustard
S'more mixings

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-12-2013, 04:21 AM

BWWR/ LadyHK:
100# gas bottle
Table top gas grill
folding table
wash tub for dishes
dish soap
4-Coleman gas lanterns
2-gallons coleman fuel
7-gallons fresh water
Cooking table
eggs
BACON
biscuts
cherry jam!
butter

Lunchbox:
folding table,
giant skillet,
2 tabletop grills,
canopy,
utensils

Taz:
hot dogs
ice
corn on the cob
large ice chest
sausage links
coffee
coffee pot
sugar
cream
solar lights
lunch meat
bread
mustard
ketchup
mayo
14 gal spring water

Domeguy/Domegal:
Firewood
Bread?
Pastries?

Izzyscout21:
45lbs chicken
1-slightly shredded donkey

Breakfast will be covered by us for both mornings to answer Domeguy's question. Lunch, I "suggested", "you are on your own". People have their own eating habits. Drinks, I "suggested" the same thing "on your own". I figured it was easier that way, you know what you like to drink, I don't. Firewood, to add to Izzy's answer. We had fires in the evenings, wasn't much use for them during the day. So figure one good size fire for 8 hrs for 2 nights............Correct me if I'm wrong please anyone We had a common/communal area where we gathered all the time for cooking, eating and socializing. The other campsites were for sleeping, training and good ol' whatevers of course. When I talk about training we had a little HAM training conducted by Bacpacker, I did a little Coleman lantern training, we did a bit of show and tell for Bug-out-bags, things of that nature. Oh and let's not forget firefighting training at breakfast.....That was an "all hands evolution"

Current Forcast for Fall Creek Falls:
Thursday A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 82. West northwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Thursday Night A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 58. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light in the evening.
Friday Sunny, with a high near 80. Light north northwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 58. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
Saturday Sunny, with a high near 85. Calm wind becoming south southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 63. Calm wind.
Sunday A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 86.

I hope I filled in some blanks.

LUNCHBOX
06-12-2013, 04:31 AM
^^^That is about as good as it gets. Thanks for the weather update also.

Message inbound

Domeguy
06-12-2013, 05:31 AM
OK, I will update in the am after a quick chat with Mrs. Dome.

Taz Baby
06-12-2013, 12:08 PM
I didn't see any pots and pans or anything on there for cooking food in except 3 skillets . I have lots of cast iron I can bring. t let me know as we might be leaving today. Anything else I need to bring? We also have a large gumbo pot and a fish fryer, But no grease. If this is needed I can get grease.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-12-2013, 03:10 PM
I didn't see any pots and pans or anything on there for cooking food in except 3 skillets . I have lots of cast iron I can bring. t let me know as we might be leaving today. Anything else I need to bring? We also have a large gumbo pot and a fish fryer, But no grease. If this is needed I can get grease.

Hey Taz, I don't we'll be needin the fryer and gumbo pot but yes, bring a few pots or pans you never know, but I'll take them off my list if you "roger up" on it ok?

izzyscout21
06-12-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm bringing my stove setup from last time as well.

Need to rummage up some green bottles if I cant find the adapter.

Shredded donkey it is........

Taz Baby
06-12-2013, 07:08 PM
To add::::
Bratts
Metts
Hot dogs
Biscuits
Farm fresh eggs
Ketchup
Mustard
S'more mixings

To add
3 differant size pots with lids
grease screen for bacon.
another Ice chest ( total of 2)
plastic utensils
plastic cups
paper plates
paper towels
cast iron dutch oven
- - - Updated - - -

[/QUOTE]=BWRR Hey Taz, I don't we'll be needin the fryer and gumbo pot but yes, bring a few pots or pans you never know, but I'll take them off my list if you "roger up" on it ok? [/QUOTE]

Dang I already went to the BOL to get everything. Didn't get this in time so BWRR bring your frying pans and cooking utensils. I added to the list of what else I am bring.

Taz Baby
06-12-2013, 07:37 PM
we have a room at the http://www.thewayinntn.com/index.htm
It is just outside the campgrounds still in the park so to speak. The rooms start at only $49.95 + tax if anyone needs a room. Sorry we are just to old and tired of camping in tents. Is anyone going to be there Thursday? If so we will come see ya after we get settled in room to bring our stuff out.

LUNCHBOX
06-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Taz, Kodiak, Arguy, Izzy and myself will be there Thursday by mid day.

Domeguy
06-12-2013, 09:57 PM
Please forgive my ignorance...metts?

LUNCHBOX
06-13-2013, 04:42 AM
^^^^Its like italian sausage. What? Italian sausgae.....Ok, those are ground up meats with spices in caseing. (Just kidding, I had to explain them to BWRR on the phone also) Take my word for it, they are good.

Katrina
06-13-2013, 06:49 AM
Just wanted to say have fun ,y'all. me?, knee surgery went well and am home relearning to bend the knee. DH has been a trooper,helping me out with the"exercises.Hope to join you all next year?

Domeguy
06-14-2013, 01:56 AM
Loading up the truck, and heading out to meet BWRR and Ldyhk in the am. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Grumpy Old Man
06-15-2013, 03:56 PM
I am green with envy guys!! Enjoy the weekend everyone!

mitunnelrat
06-15-2013, 11:40 PM
:(

bacpacker
06-16-2013, 01:02 AM
Me to Grumpy. I can almost smell the smoke off the the campfire from here.

Domeguy
06-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Sorry BP, but I don't think it was smoke, I think it was me you were smelling. I was force feed baked beans all night by Ldyhk all night after I was tied to a tree and left to be eaten by wolfs..Bit it's all good, I should be getting a bath sometime in September. lol. I was really looking forward to meeting the two of you, but I guess I will have to wait for that honor.
I had a great time, and learned quite a bit (such as how not to be eaten by wolfs) from every one there.
Thank you to everyone who made this possible.

Stormfeather
06-17-2013, 07:13 PM
Anyone going to post pics of the weekend?

ladyhk13
06-18-2013, 03:29 AM
I have a couple. Need to send them from my laptop though. Gonna need some time to do a writ up about the weekend!

Taz Baby
06-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Just a few pics

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s395/Taz-Baby/2013-06-15121920_zps088eddab.jpg (http://s1049.photobucket.com/user/Taz-Baby/media/2013-06-15121920_zps088eddab.jpg.html)

domegal's bread

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s395/Taz-Baby/2013-06-14172739_zpsd5871ca5.jpg (http://s1049.photobucket.com/user/Taz-Baby/media/2013-06-14172739_zpsd5871ca5.jpg.html)

Bread cooking

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s395/Taz-Baby/2013-06-14171331_zps9529fb49.jpg (http://s1049.photobucket.com/user/Taz-Baby/media/2013-06-14171331_zps9529fb49.jpg.html)

ladyhk13
06-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Ok, well we all had a great time! Domegal made the best bread and next year MUST make enough for every single meal or BWRR will have to tape her into her tent and not allow her out until she agrees to make more. Domeguy decided to put up a hammock but we didn't jump on the chance to flip him around and seal him up and watch him try to get out...we'll be faster next year! I'm really proud of Domeguy and Domegal for giving up their hotel on the second night and staying at the campsite with us. They are new to all of this and did a great job. Kudos to you guys!!! That was a huge step in your prepping and to the TN community. Had a great time with you.

You should have seen the city slickers and their reaction to a few little skunks roaming around the camp late at night. All they were looking for was some food scraps and would have moved on but NOOOOOOOOOOO, some people had to throw stones at the little guys and freak out. See, us country folk know that if ya don't scare them they won't spray - uhhhh, hit them in the face with a rock and it's a good chance they will spray. We were totally lucky we didn't all end up smelling like skunk. Was good for some fun conversation though.

LB must have forgotten to do his laundry before coming so he just threw some soap on it and dumped it all in the back of the truck and let the major storm they drove through all the way down do the work for him...then he hung it all out to dry:
http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/259/sby3.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/259/sby3.jpg/)

Taz did a great job on a show and tell for some herbal based creams that she made and brought some awesome homemade apple pie ;) once she came back to camp after a 5 hour disappearing act. We sent out a search party to make sure a bear didn't get her and after much interrogation we talked the manager at her hotel into telling us that he had seen her. We found that she was out at the falls hiking(where her picture came from) and so now her new name is M.I.A Squirrel Chaser. She also brought me the most beautiful bison carved out of iron wood for my birthday! It is gorgeous!!! Thanks M.I.A!!!!!

ladyhk13
06-18-2013, 08:31 PM
Here is a pick of our "mess hall" area. This is where most of the cooking was done (we did have another area not pictured here) but the guys did a bang up job cooking! LB didn't start any fires this year and he and BWRR fed us all in style but anything that hit the ground was fair game for Izzy. I don't think he believes in the 5 second rule - I'm not sure he even cleaned off the leaves. That boy will eat anything - he will outsurvive every one of us!

http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/46/da89.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/46/da89.jpg/)

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone was fed to the brim and I experimented with macaroni salad but learned that it needs a lot more mayo (sorry guys) and the onion cut into bigger chunks. Izzy brought a "Metric Butt Ton" of chicken and said it had to be eaten because he wasn't allowed to bring any of it back home - there was only about 50 lbs of it - REALLY????? I think LB, Kodiak and ARguy ended up taking most of it home with them...we had way too much food. LB cooked a couple of Izzy's whole birds who I've dubbed our SHTFowl and served the most perfect breast ever!

http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/21/ldlg.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/ldlg.jpg/)

We had great late night conversation and learned some things about prepping and each other. Some goofy things and some serious but it was a super weekend except I brought cigs for the occasion and I've never smoked so much in my life and boy am I paying for it now!!!!

Katrina
06-18-2013, 10:02 PM
great pix. So glad weather held out for ya'll(at least seeing the pix). As Yenta would say, maybe next year.

Evolver
06-18-2013, 11:29 PM
Looks like you all had a good time. :)

Stormfeather
06-19-2013, 04:32 AM
Once again, so jealous I didnt get the chance to make it this year. I seriously considered blowing off CLS training and the Gas Chamber, but the military frowns on things like that!

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Strmfeathr/IMG_20130613_085622_811.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/Strmfeathr/media/IMG_20130613_085622_811.jpg.html)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Strmfeathr/IMG_20130613_141708_489.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/Strmfeathr/media/IMG_20130613_141708_489.jpg.html)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Strmfeathr/IMG_20130613_082455_195.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/Strmfeathr/media/IMG_20130613_082455_195.jpg.html)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Strmfeathr/IMG_20130609_140045_791.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/Strmfeathr/media/IMG_20130609_140045_791.jpg.html)

ladyhk13
06-19-2013, 05:33 AM
We would have had a great time doing that stuff this weekend!!!! But hey, LB brought an epi for me to stab at a water bottle which was the highlight of the weekend for me!!!!! I tried to get ARguy to volunteer for the experiment but he wasn't having any part of it. I'm gonna find a sucker yet :)

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-22-2013, 02:34 AM
OK I guess it's time for my AAR............so here goes.
Friday: Arrived later than I wanted but we all made it in one piece. First thing we noticed was Kodiak made a change in acomodations. He got himself a much larger tent to make room for all the forest critters, that one kitty just wasn't cuttin it last year. That "Chic-on-a-stick" in the previous picture is another story. This was more of a "how many objects can you find around a campground to ram up a chickens butt" evolution. Yup, guys can get pretty imaginative when it comes to tryin to cook a bird when you don't have the right cookin utinsels. Well after watchin it smoke........sit...........and we stared at it some more......and it smoked......then Lunchbox grabbed an ax and whacked it in half and threw it on the camp pit/grill. Well that killed about an hour anyway. Yes it did finally cook and LadyHK ate breasts. We all had BBQ chicken that night and all was well in the colony.
Saturday: Breakfast........ahhhhh breakfast. BACON! We did not have the ceremonial bacon fire as we did last year but I did follow through with numerous Bacon grease flashes in the fire pit just for good measure. Come time for servin we were two heads short, seems Taz and her partner in crime were MIA. Well not to let good food go to waste, we ate without them anyway. After 5hours Unauthorized Absence we decided to send out a search party. First stop was their lodging...........LadyHK, LunchBox and I walked into the store/manager's office and asked if they had seen the two "perps" in question where the manager replies, "you got a warrant?" This is where LunchBox snickers and makes his exit. The Lady and I look at each other, smile and say "nope we're friends and they're supposed to be meeting us" so he says "how do I know you're not from Obama's administration here to do an assasination?" Hmmmmmmmmmmmm? Uh, welll I wouldn't work for him anyway. Well after usin some of our ol'psyops trainin on his country ass, The man with the pencil thin mustache gave up the intel and then took down our message as well. He might even show up on the site one day...............we left and started heading back to camp

Duh, guess who was sitting around the fire when we got back.............jees, I didn't want to be on the receiving end of LadyHK. Taz makes up for it by producing her snake oils and potions. The woman makes some pretty good stuff.

Anyway, Lunchbox gets the cue and throws out this big tarp. Thats when the "gear" gets thrown out..... what ever people had that was up for swappin. There I was, staring over this vast expanse of wonder and beauty, implements of destruction................that's when I found out about Domeguy. Man before I could even touch anything, there's this guy with a huge pile of shit jumpin up and down screamin, MINE, MINE, MINE! He's a gear whore from hell, man that dude's got it bad, I mean he had para cord hangin from his teeth, camo paint on face, hair a blazin, load bearing gear draggin from one leg and a back back full a stuff he was pettin. He just threw a wad of money at Lunchbox and started walkin into the woods, all the while Domegal's screamin at him, it was crazy man! He was gone about six hours or so, but he was much better after he took a shower. I was just standin there goin WTF man? I didn't get shit...........

Now as for the wolves Domeguy was talkin about, they were skunks. We didn't tie him to a tree, he was actually tryin out a hammock he got from Lunchbox, he did that all by himself. That was a sight, all we needed to do was give it a spin and a quick wrap of duct tape and he was ready to throw ina hole a bury 'em. But we'll save that for someone less useful. Another thing, The only reason Domegal stayed the night saturday was because I zipped them both in their tent and locked it. The screamin died down after sunrise................. Did I ever tell you how much I like spiders?

Sunday: A very sad actually. We call our selves "preppers.....survivalists......men" so Kodiak goes to fire up his massive diesel beast to get underway for the long drive home.....click, click, click. My observation told me to get my "Mcgyver tool kit" I cleaned his terminals and reconnected them first (visual observation told me to do this, one as loose and corroded) no joy. So I asked Kodiak give me you jumper cables and I'll bring my Suburban over. He gives me the WTFO, Huh, look? You're shittin me right? So I go to get mine .............uh.....oops.......uh...ok dumb ass. Left'em in the dually. Walk away humbled..........Hey Domeguy! You got any jumper cables? What, you guys don't have any? WHO'S THE BACON SAVER NOW?????? Domeguy saves the day, the big diesel fired right up. So we all gave our huggs to the three bears and they headed back on their way north.

Shit! I totaly forgot about Baby Bear.....er....uh....ARguy. I'm suprised he made it this far with all the abuse he was takin from Lunchbox and Kodiak. I hope they let him ride in the cab on the way back, it rained all the way down they said. By the way, he's a keeper........Hmmmmmmmm? I wonder if that's why Mitunnelrat decided not to come this year?

Did I mention Izzy showed up? I think I'll keep him............and all was well in colony.

Domeguy
06-22-2013, 10:15 AM
Uuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm...........Yeah.....that's the way I remember it to!

Grumpy Old Man
06-22-2013, 02:14 PM
I grieve that I was not there to provide the adult supervision ya'll so desperately need. Not to mention supplying some snake bite elixir. Next year in Tennessee!

ladyhk13
06-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Oh heck Grumps...you just think you would have been the adult supervision. I think you would have been the worse kid amongst us! Add a little fire water and we would have been chasing you around the camp trying to get ya to put your clothes back on! I for on missed you terribly and will hold you to next year.

The Stig
06-23-2013, 01:50 AM
Wow...sounds like a great time. Heard a little bit of this from Izzy but to read the AAR and see the pictures is good too.

Glad you all had a good time.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-23-2013, 02:24 AM
Now, to explain in a little detail as to what happened in the store/manager's office. Lunchbox took his que and flipped the "open" sign to "Closed " as he walked out the door. Explaining to the customers outside that the clerk had to step out for a motel emergency and would reopen shortly. Mean while Kodiak and ARguy secured the perimeter. As the man with the pencil thin mustache finished with the last customer in the store ladyHk drew an epipen from her bag. I maintained conversation and his attention as the customer left the store. I began to follow the cutomer out but instead locked the door behind them. Just as he began to question what i was doing LadyHK was on him like a pack of dogs on a three legged cat! She had him on the floor and jabbed him in the the thigh before he knew what hit him. "I Just injected you with the the EP One virus, you should begin to feel your heart begin to race by now" The man with the pencil thin mustache began to panic. That's when i stepped in, "shortly you will start to feel a massive rush, profussed sweating and you will begin to bleed from every oriffice of your body, then...... well you can pretty much kiss your ass good bye in about 12 hours. But we have about 30 minutes before the antidote can be administered" he's really freakin out now. "so let me ask you again, where are our friends?" OK so then he starts talkin, at this point I took a smiley sticker from the counter and stuck it on his forhead and told him that he was actually given a mild dose of adrenaline and that he should be fine in about 45 minutes. To add should he speak of this to anyone we would be paying him a visit again only this time you wouldn't see us coming. So please, try to be more forth coming when someone asks you for minor information. Also "shave the mustache" . We then proceded out the door in a proficient tourist manner and carried out the colony plan of the day...........and now you know, the rest of the story.

Remember, only experienced colonly personnel should attempt this.

Domeguy
06-23-2013, 04:03 AM
Uuummmmmmmmm................Yeah.......That's the way I heard it!

mitunnelrat
06-24-2013, 08:34 PM
LMAO!

I'm glad you guys can tell a good story, especially since I know they're only a mere whisper of true events, thus paling in comparison to being there to witness it first hand. There may be a plus side to me not making it though, I hear lake levels here have gone up 6" in the past month - yeah, I've been crying that much.

So much I missed... That's not going to happen again.

mitunnelrat
06-24-2013, 08:34 PM
LMAO!

I'm glad you guys can tell a good story, especially since I know they're only a mere whisper of true events, thus paling in comparison to being there to witness it first hand. There may be a plus side to me not making it though, I hear lake levels here have gone up 6" in the past month - yeah, I've been crying that much.

So much I missed... That's not going to happen again.

bacpacker
06-24-2013, 11:29 PM
Life happens unfortunatly.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-25-2013, 12:31 AM
MTR missed it/all/us so mush he stutter posted...........ok so it was the child dose on the epi pen, shees.

LUNCHBOX
06-25-2013, 04:31 AM
It was a very good time with some good people.

Domeguy
06-28-2013, 10:33 PM
This is a test for posting a picture.

Taz Baby
06-29-2013, 03:04 AM
Did you sign up on image shack or Photo bucket so you can post pics on here? if not you have to do it through them. I tried both and like Photobucket best. All I have to do is download pic from camera to computer then to photobucket and then copy and paste pic to here.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-29-2013, 03:31 AM

Actually this was the freak white out we had, froze our asses off we did.................

Domeguy
06-29-2013, 04:10 PM
Yes, and that was from image shack, with help from a fellow prep friend on this site. I will keep working on it.

Twitchy
07-18-2013, 12:52 AM
I intend on being at the next meetup, maybe we could look somewhere in NW Tennessee?

4suchatimeasthis
07-19-2013, 12:45 AM
Actually, it's funny you should post on here, Twitchy...I have also been thinking the last several days (fantasizing really, I need a vacation, and camping is about as close as I get!) that we should start planning the next M&G. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to go! I will most likely be alone, but that's okay.

For me, I need to drive my monsters (children) to see their father (in NC) for Spring break (March 14-23), and I thought, well, that timing would be good for me. But I would be heading east.

It wouldn't even have to be the "official" M&G, if anybody (hint-hint, ladies!) wanted to meet up, I'm game. Like I said, I really need a vacation, I prefer not to have to bring my kids (sorry, but until I actually meet ya'll face to face, I don't take chances with my kids), and camping in the Smokies sounds good to me, since I will be in that neck of the woods anyway.

Any takers?

izzyscout21
07-19-2013, 02:38 AM
I intend on being at the next meetup, maybe we could look somewhere in NW Tennessee?

Twitchy, we try to keep it in middle Tn. Theres several of us that attend that must absolutely be within an hour or so from home foremergency reasons. Central TN seems to be central for just about everyone, except our Ohio guys.

ladyhk13
07-19-2013, 04:08 AM
Actually, it's funny you should post on here, Twitchy...I have also been thinking the last several days (fantasizing really, I need a vacation, and camping is about as close as I get!) that we should start planning the next M&G. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to go! I will most likely be alone, but that's okay.

For me, I need to drive my monsters (children) to see their father (in NC) for Spring break (March 14-23), and I thought, well, that timing would be good for me. But I would be heading east.

It wouldn't even have to be the "official" M&G, if anybody (hint-hint, ladies!) wanted to meet up, I'm game. Like I said, I really need a vacation, I prefer not to have to bring my kids (sorry, but until I actually meet ya'll face to face, I don't take chances with my kids), and camping in the Smokies sounds good to me, since I will be in that neck of the woods anyway.

Any takers?

Pm sent

Grumpy Old Man
07-20-2013, 08:47 PM
Ya'll are 5 states away from me and Texas is 3 of them. I'll have to take a week's vacation to get there.

4suchatimeasthis
07-21-2013, 12:51 AM
Yeah, but it'd be worth it, Grumpy! Springtime in TN is a beautiful thing....friends, food, and fire (uh, campfire that is)! You won't want to miss it!

Twitchy
07-21-2013, 01:05 AM
Twitchy, we try to keep it in middle Tn. Theres several of us that attend that must absolutely be within an hour or so from home foremergency reasons. Central TN seems to be central for just about everyone, except our Ohio guys.

Guess I get to make up an excuse to get to central Tennessee... always wated to vacation there anyways! hahaha. Wasn't aware of the circumstances, so I am 100% game for the next event.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-21-2013, 01:43 AM
Most everyone that comes to this area falls in love with it and wants to transplant here. Hence our rising realestate costs. Hope you can make it!

Twitchy
07-21-2013, 02:04 AM
I sure do plan on it!

ladyhk13
07-21-2013, 06:16 AM
Ya'll are 5 states away from me and Texas is 3 of them. I'll have to take a week's vacation to get there.

We might not let you leave. :)

izzyscout21
07-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Yeah, but it'd be worth it, Grumpy! Springtime in TN is a beautiful thing....friends, food, and fire (uh, campfire that is)! You won't want to miss it!

Fall is good too. I prefer it over spring.

4suchatimeasthis
07-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Fall is my favorite time of year, agreed. Nothing like a crisp fall day, brilliant blue skies, the smell of the leaves, perfect working-outside weather!

But, for me at least, I am tied up this fall. My personal life is kinda hectic at the moment.

Twitchy
07-23-2013, 03:14 AM
Ill be at the next one, be it fall, spring, or winter...