PDA

View Full Version : Food police target organic foods in California

RedJohn
06-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Very interesting. Listen until the end as they talk about "preppers" and "survivalists".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifvp3Fxi7Uo

The Stig
06-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Call me naive but there simply has to be more to this than cops running amok and charging into an organic foodstore with guns drawn because DelMonte and Heinz told them too.

RedJohn
06-15-2011, 10:27 PM
Call me naive but there simply has to be more to this than cops running amok and charging into an organic foodstore with guns drawn because DelMonte and Heinz told them too.

Raw milk is illegal in many states. Any type of non-pasteurized food also.

piranha2
06-15-2011, 10:42 PM
I lived in that @#^&*( state for 2 1/2 years. People think they are ahead of everyones time. These folks are DERANGED. Sorry, but I lived there. San Franfreako is outlawing CIRCUMCISIONS. Need I go on? I will if you want to hear more.

LUNCHBOX
06-16-2011, 12:06 AM
What gets me is its food, if you don't want to eat fresh food then don't. I can't figure why it would be a problem....oh, thats right, if you grow it--it might not be taxed.

bacpacker
06-16-2011, 02:22 AM
Not only it wouldn't be taxed, but the big corps, monsanto, etc wouldn't be making money from it. Food is the #1 way to control a poulation and with all the GMO foods being introduced, probably 75%+ of all farms being owned by the large corporations, and natural foods from raw milk to eggs to nutritional supplements starting to be controlled by the .gov. I can see no reaason other than it's being done to control the population.
It's one of the reasons I work so hard to grow as much of my own food as I can. At a minumum I know how my food is raised and I only purchase open pollinated seed.

Twitchy
06-16-2011, 08:04 AM
I lived in that @#^&*( state for 2 1/2 years. People think they are ahead of everyones time. These folks are DERANGED. Sorry, but I lived there. San Franfreako is outlawing CIRCUMCISIONS. Need I go on? I will if you want to hear more.

Why cant California just slip off the pacific plate? yeesh... San Franfreako is right, and im going to be there in august...!!!! EEK!

RedJohn
06-16-2011, 08:23 AM
California is a nice state. Nice weather, nice landscape, a lot of things to do. Don't let the being on the wrong side of your opinions take over your experience. I would not live there, but I won't mind visiting. USSR was very nice during the communist era for foreigners.

TroubleShooter
06-16-2011, 10:27 AM
California is a direct result of the people living there, they allow it and vote for it............That being said , remember if SHTF we will need slaves and workers to rebuild...:p

Grumpy Old Man
06-16-2011, 07:01 PM
I'm not a Kommiefornian, I just work here! That being said, the FDA spent a year investigating Amish farmers selling whole milk across state lines and prosecuted. Missouri has gone after an Ozark dairy for the same reason. This is happening everywhere, not just here. Remember SB 515 the Food and Drug act that Dingy Harry Reid got passed in the Lame Duck session last year? You might want to reread it.

Big Agribusiness has been destroying smaller holdings for many years. Monsanto is a publicly traded company; Cargill isn't and I don't believe ADM is either, I'd have to research that a little more. Del Monte is a big contributor to Nanzi Piglosi. The point is control of food is becoming centralized by a smaller and smaller group of people. "Hippies, ecoferaks, back-to-nature types,organic gardeners, preppers and survivalists" represent a threat to that control by wanting non GMO food.

In this case I'd follow the money and not blame it on the people voted into office in CA- they're a minority. The shadow government of the 600+ bureaucracies here is the driving force behind these things just as it is at the national level. Look for this situation coming soon to a town near you.

Oh yeah, I forgot one thing. The population of Kommiefornicastan is 34,000,000 people. 3% of that is 1,020,000people. You want slaves.....Molon Labe!

bacpacker
06-16-2011, 09:51 PM
I agree grumpy. The money is what drives this and stories like this are picking up rapidly since SB515 was passed. Lots of warnings went out about it before it passed and they snuck it thru just before the first of the year.
IMO If you don't have a good supply of seeds right now for at least 2-3 years, I would suggest getting on that By late fall. Right now I suspect a lot of the Co's that sell seed are probably low or out of stock right now. By harvest time they should be back in good shape till 1st of the year.

piranha2
06-19-2011, 02:56 AM
Also, if you are around San Franfreako, buy your critters now, They are pushing a ban on selling pets. No fish, chickens, rabbits, no nothing. It is cruel to the critters.

Grumpy Old Man
06-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Not to mention that the ballot in San Franfreako has a proposition to ban circumcision for anyone under 18. These goofballs start something and 5 years later the rest of the country gets on the bandwagon. Remember when you could smoke in a bar?